Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Track Edition debuting this weekend???

rdollie

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2017 CTS-V; 2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Got an email to enroll for text notices for the roll out of the CT4-V BW 'Track Edition'. Preview picture seems to show some sort of aero-blade (my word) with a decal design on it running down part of the side of the car. Anybody familiar with this???

Not sure if this link will work:
Track Edition Blackwing...

"extremely limited availability." I can't even imagine.
That’s the same terminology that they use regarding the “regular “ Blackwings.

They have my attention.

Interesting - good move by Cadillac IMO. BMW and Porsche seem to be pumping out a bunch of LEs lately as well. If it soaks up a bit of the 'garage it until Barrett Jackson 2040' demand and leaves more allocations of 'regular' cars for drivers, I'm all for it!

I'm guessing it'll be a sticker/interior/option pack rather than any significant changes...

Predictions:

Both carbon packages and the optional seats standard. Possibly offer CCBs. Graphics package like you see. Maybe a more aggressive tire, Cup2s perhaps. Likely debut the magnesium wheels. I'd also bet no extra power.

I assure you I have no inside information on this one.

@arod221 brought up a good point when we just talked about this. There is a precedent in the previous Championship Edition which unfortunately was cosmetic with no real performance improvements. I’m now less interested however, I’ve already put out feelers and will wait for the specs to be released.

@arod221 brought up a good point when we just talked about this. There is a precedent in the previous Championship Edition which unfortunately was cosmetic with no real performance improvements. I’m now less interested however, I’ve already put out feelers and will wait for the specs to be released.

I’ve seen precisely 1 of these championship edition in person. Id have never known it wasnt a regular V with red mirror caps lol

Again though, these cars are the send off. Calling it a track edition, I'm expecting more than what the ATS was with the Championship Edition.

Again though, these cars are the send off. Calling it a track edition, I'm expecting more than what the ATS was with the Championship Edition.
Let’s hope so. I’d love to see an M4 Competition obliterator.

Let’s hope so. I’d love to see an M4 Competition obliterator.
It will out handle a Comp if they give it the tires, but I doubt they'll give it the 500+hp it needs.

It will out handle a Comp if they give it the tires, but I doubt they'll give it the 500+hp it needs.

I highly doubt they'll change the tires. No one makes tires in the sizes the ct4 come with in the 220 to 240 tread wear track/street category. Have a look at the available sizes for tires in this category like cup2 or supercar 3.

This car should have came with a 9.5f and 10r in 19" just like the supra.

Which is probably what it would take for me to pursue it.

I highly doubt they'll change the tires. No one makes tires in the sizes the ct4 come with in the 220 to 240 tread wear track/street category. Have a look at the available sizes for tires in this category like cup2 or supercar 3.

This car should have came with a 9.5f and 10r in 19" just like the supra.
I have 18" Cup2s on the BMW, 295s rear, 245s front.

The PS4s are bespoke to GM, TPC spec. So they sure as hell could do GM specified sizes for the Cup2.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back