Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Production End Date?

My opinion is that I love my job too much to share my "opinion" about Blackwings future :)
I Respect That GIF by Patriot Act

There are always ways to say things without violating confidential information. For example, “ don’t worry, you have a good chance of getting a Blackwing.” or, “if it were me I would drop the constrained items so the order went through sooner.”

There are always ways to say things without violating confidential information. For example, “ don’t worry, you have a good chance of getting a Blackwing.” or, “if it were me I would drop the constrained items so the order went through sooner.”
itsatrap-2.jpg

If the model years refresh cycles are sustained at 5 to 7 or so years between either new models or midcycle refreshes, then if CT4 began in 2020 then a full redesign would be sometime in 2025 to 27 or they could let it run out the clock until 2030, its only 8 years away.

Based on prior model year runs of the CTS and ATS I don't see why 4BW and 5BW wouldn't run until at least 2025. Beyond that is anyone's guess though.

However I wouldn't get any hopes up of getting reworked powertrains at some point (2.65L blower on the 5BW as an example) as these come with recertification costs and I doubt it would be worth it for the 1500 ish they will build yearly.

At the end of the day nobody knows but these are also strange times so its possible it also gets stretched out to something like 2027 instead of following a normal length lifecycle.

You could blink Morse code or something right?

This has been debated before. My guess is 2024 will be the last year. The Camaro's last year is supposed to be 2024. Same platform as the Blackwings. It will probably come down to how soon they need the plant, but knowing GM, who knows.
That seems the most logical at this point.

This has all been one big tease. Blink once if it'll continue past, say 2025 or longer, blink twice if the end is nigh.

There's no point.

Remember that this is GM. If the goat rodeo blackwing roll out, CT6 and Blackwing V8 cancelation and dozens of other examples (including mailing some badges to people) have shown us anything, it's that what GM plans to do and what GM ends up actually doing have virtually no correlation with each other.

My guess is that they'll continue to build them so long as a) they're profitable and b) they are legally permitted to sell them. I'm sure there are voices in GM management that are saying it's time for a clean pivot to a green/EV brand image for Cadillac but money talks.

The first, second, and third gen regular CTS were all produced for 6 model years. With the CT4 and CT5 both having started in 2020, I'd bet 2025 will be the last year for both cars as well as both Vs and BWs. What is less clear is what production volumes will be. Most other V cars had significant production volume declines in succesive model year. I think the bigger question at hand is how many BW4 and BW5s will be produced. I'd ballpark around 5,000 of each BW for the total production run. As much as ADM's have been prevalent for these cars early on, I don't think the market will support production run volumes much greater than that.

Last edited:
There's no point.

Remember that this is GM. If the goat rodeo blackwing roll out, CT6 and Blackwing V8 cancelation and dozens of other examples (including mailing some badges to people) have shown us anything, it's that what GM plans to do and what GM ends up actually doing have virtually no correlation with each other.
Like what happened with the Blackwing motor? 🤦‍♂️

The first, second, and third gen regular CTS were all produced for 6 model years. With the CT4 and CT5 both having started in 2020, I'd bet 2026 will be the last year for both cars as well as both Vs and BWs. What is less clear is what production volumes will be. Most other V cars had significant production volume declines in succesive model year. I think the bigger question at hand is how many BW4 and BW5s will be produced. I'd ballpark around 5,000 of each BW for the total production run. As much as ADM's have been prevalent for these cars early on, I don't think the market will support production run volumes much greater than that.
That would be 2025 for the last model year then if it's 6 years (2020-2025, with 2020 being Year 1).

That would be 2025 for the last model year then if it's 6 years (2020-2025, with 2020 being Year 1).
ATS-V was 16-19, so BW 22-25 would line up, ofc that was the before times and they likely don't want a bunch of extra bits lying around after.

That seems the most logical at this point.

Its not actually the same, the Camaro uses the original Alpha chassis, the Blackwings use Alpha chassis 2. Sure they are similar but they are different to the point that if the Camaro is cancelled after 2024, the Blackwing could still live on for a few more years.

(I also hope its not cancelled, I need another ZL1 1LE in my life)

Its not actually the same, the Camaro uses the original Alpha chassis, the Blackwings use Alpha chassis 2. Sure they are similar but they are different to the point that if the Camaro is cancelled after 2024, the Blackwing could still live on for a few more years.

(I also hope its not cancelled, I need another ZL1 1LE in my life)
But would it be cost effective for GM to shut down a whole car model line and continue others at the same plant? You can bet the decision will be driven by the bottom line and not by the effect on the buying public's psyche.

Or perhaps they will re-tool the Camaro line to EV and keep the CT running. Who knows ?

Last edited:
So there is a planned end then?

I feel like we are talking about a TV show and we are guessing when is the last season and how it all ends.

I bet there will be some special editions for the end. Bet GM is looking at Dodge and their last call editions and thinking "hmmmmm, we'd also like to nostalgia rape these customers one last time..."
I think these are the special editions, at least for the 4BW. I doubt we will see anything else. GM is heavily focused on building EVs.

@LT4play ......yes. Dealer said not as many buyers are out there for 4's as there used to be. Demand is slowing. Still crazy demand for a 5, but not so much for a 4 anymore.
I thing demand is still fairly strong but so many dealers have $20-50k ADM that a lot of buyers are just frustrated and have just given up. If they sell this car at MSRP it is a great car and good value compared to the others in its class.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back