Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Production End Date?

I think these are the special editions, at least for the 4BW. I doubt we will see anything else. GM is heavily focused on building EVs.

I bet there will be a "special edition" every year. Doesn't take alot of effort to make some stickers, new badges, unique 3d printed shift medallions, etc.

Does either engine have the room for an 'easy' power bump?
Could they runout the 4 pushing 500 and the 5 ~700?
I can see the 5 being sought after until the end, but relative to other brand's performance models, relatively speaking there are a fair few 4s on the lot these days.

They could but they won't. Not worth the cost. To be honest, you won't really feel another 25-30hp on these cars. To make big power folks put the larger blower on the LT4. On the 4BW you just give your money to Tapout and let them safely add more boost. :)

I bet there will be a "special edition" every year. Doesn't take alot of effort to make some stickers, new badges, unique 3d printed shift medallions, etc.
Probably, has anyone seen what Repots and Tributes are selling for on Mecum ex; lately in a down economic market? ;) Im making sure the bones are good, Im banking the rest should speak for itself when the times comes.

All good things come to an end? naah.

Its not actually the same, the Camaro uses the original Alpha chassis, the Blackwings use Alpha chassis 2. Sure they are similar but they are different to the point that if the Camaro is cancelled after 2024, the Blackwing could still live on for a few more years.

(I also hope its not cancelled, I need another ZL1 1LE in my life)
The perfect pair if I say so myself.

I think these are the special editions, at least for the 4BW. I doubt we will see anything else. GM is heavily focused on building EVs.

G_d I hope so.

So are our cars still worth more now or not?
episode 5 bear GIF

Based on prior model year runs of the CTS and ATS I don't see why 4BW and 5BW wouldn't run until at least 2025. Beyond that is anyone's guess though.

However I wouldn't get any hopes up of getting reworked powertrains at some point (2.65L blower on the 5BW as an example) as these come with recertification costs and I doubt it would be worth it for the 1500 ish they will build yearly.

At the end of the day nobody knows but these are also strange times so its possible it also gets stretched out to something like 2027 instead of following a normal length lifecycle.
It is possible but unlikely based on GMs hyper EV focus. GM has now revealed EV Hummer, Silverado, Equinox, Blazer and Lyriq. Next up has to be some sort of Cadillac and Chevy EV sedan.

I would anticipate some sort of reveal of a EV sedan and then they will need to shut it all down and retool the Lansing plant.

Have you seen this rumored 4 door EV Camaro yet?

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 9.14.07 PM.png

It is possible but unlikely based on GMs hyper EV focus. GM has now revealed EV Hummer, Silverado, Equinox, Blazer and Lyriq. Next up has to be some sort of Cadillac and Chevy EV sedan.

I would anticipate some sort of reveal of a EV sedan and then they will need to shut it all down and retool the Lansing plant.

Have you seen this rumored 4 door EV Camaro yet?

View attachment 12891

Ah interesting. Not that we need a lesson in causation vs correlation, but I'm so clueless on GM I now see Lansing has traditionally been a Caddy sedan (+Camaro) facility or more accurately whatever has been based on the Alpha platform.

Ah interesting. Not that we need a lesson in causation vs correlation, but I'm so clueless on GM I now see Lansing has traditionally been a Caddy sedan (+Camaro) facility or more accurately whatever has been based on the Alpha platform.
I wish GM was taking same approach as Ford and figuring out a way to keep building some ICE based enthusiast vehicles while building EV SUVs for the masses. Ford just announced a refreshed V8 ICE based Mustang with a manual for next 6 years or more. They claim the EV Mach E is helping them meet the emissions goals so they can continue to offer V8 Mustangs.

My prediction? '24 will get the "bold new graphics" treatment with some revised facias and wheels, some good paint colors, then it ends with fulfillment of '25 model year orders. My other prediction? Everyone that has 22-23 model years will hate the refresh, everyone with 24-25 on order will love it and it will be another subjective debate we can all get wound up about (or bond over as we call it here).

My prediction? '24 will get the "bold new graphics" treatment with some revised facias and wheels, some good paint colors, then it ends with fulfillment of '25 model year orders. My other prediction? Everyone that has 22-23 model years will hate the refresh, everyone with 24-25 on order will love it and it will be another subjective debate we can all get wound up about (or bond over as we call it here).
Sounds good but I think they are done with the existing products. Over at Team Camaro most have already moved on. It seems like they just have a skeleton crew keep the program going. Maybe the Cadillac division is a little different but they share the same plant so it just doesn't seem likely that they will invest in anything substantial.

I wish it weren't so as I am really digging these cars.

Ha! Assuming they end in '25, maybe they could end with a 4BW VMax Edition. Best handling sedan be damned, drop the V8 in and let 'er rip. It 's got a tranny and cooling for it.

Sounds good but I think they are done with the existing products. Over at Team Camaro most have already moved on. It seems like they just have a skeleton crew keep the program going. Maybe the Cadillac division is a little different but they share the same plant so it just doesn't seem likely that they will invest in anything substantial.
Anyone that had a Chevy SS or followed along closely will recognize my "prediction" as nothing more than a badge engineering version of what actually happened at Holden. Recall that in 2016 we sort of new the end of Holden was near, but they managed a mid-cycle refresh with a small crew, so it certainly has precedent. The theory I held was all of these changes we're already engineered and part of the known plan.

#collectorseries86043

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners