Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Production End Date?

M2Cto4BW

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4V Blackwing
Zee Germans and the Japanese are excellent in their planning and sharing those dates publically, so I know when the ICE ends with their sporty cars, with Cadillac I've not found production windows for the BWs.

Do we know when they stop? I know Caddy has their EV roadmap, but could they continue producing 'last years' ICE model while rolling out their EV fleet?

My googling found nothing past '23 for the BWs, but that seemed more a lack of info as opposed to production ends on xx.

Rumors I've read state MY '22, '23 and '24 for Blackwings pending WW3, SuperCovid (TM), Nuclear Holocaust, The Second Coming Two: Electric Boogalo.
breakin2-shabba-doo.gif

2030 is pretty much the year all mainstream ICE engines will die, unless between now and then governments get OK with hydrogen combustion and the infrastructure gets built.

So I'd say, 2025-2027 is probably a good guess.

Probably til they run out of parts.
That has been my fear..
And with the constraints list seemingly growing longer, should we fear we are facing the beginning of the end? :'(
Ongoing production of Blackwings-->increasing constraints-->end of production be like...

captain-america-bucky-barnes.gif

I like my job. Like a lot. So I keep my mouth SHUT.

You could blink Morse code or something right?

This has been debated before. My guess is 2024 will be the last year. The Camaro's last year is supposed to be 2024. Same platform as the Blackwings. It will probably come down to how soon they need the plant, but knowing GM, who knows.

So there is a planned end then?

I feel like we are talking about a TV show and we are guessing when is the last season and how it all ends.

I bet there will be some special editions for the end. Bet GM is looking at Dodge and their last call editions and thinking "hmmmmm, we'd also like to nostalgia rape these customers one last time..."

I would be uncomfortable if I never got a '23 allocation and on the edge of an anxiety attack if a '24 allocation was taking a while to pick up. The last model year is going to be an ADM bloodbath, particularly if there are special editions or extra farkles added. With a wobbly economy and a few thousand orders already filled, I think today, and up until the day the end of production is announced is the sweet spot for buying at MSRP.

Does either engine have the room for an 'easy' power bump?
Could they runout the 4 pushing 500 and the 5 ~700?
I can see the 5 being sought after until the end, but relative to other brand's performance models, relatively speaking there are a fair few 4s on the lot these days.

So there is a planned end then?

I feel like we are talking about a TV show and we are guessing when is the last season and how it all ends.

I bet there will be some special editions for the end. Bet GM is looking at Dodge and their last call editions and thinking "hmmmmm, we'd also like to nostalgia rape these customers one last time..."
There is always a planned end. All the people who designed the Blackwings are already working on the next thing, with its own timeline. I'm sure the assembly lines at Lansing are already spoken for for a new model at some secret date in the future.

Last edited:
Does either engine have the room for an 'easy' power bump?
Could they runout the 4 pushing 500 and the 5 ~700?
I can see the 5 being sought after until the end, but relative to other brand's performance models, relatively speaking there are a fair few 4s on the lot these days.
The fact that the EscaV has the LT4 with the bigger blower sitting on top, I dont see it being hard to have that dropped into the 5BW. The question is the cost, as any drivetrain variations have to be EPA re-certed which costs money. It comes down to sales vs cost.

I had several dealers tell me that the rush to get a 4BW is fading some. Not saying it's true, but that's what I was told.

I had several dealers tell me that the rush to get a 4BW is fading some. Not saying it's true, but that's what I was told.

Sorry, What do you mean by “the rush to get a 4bw”?
As in the buyers are drying up?

Last edited:
@LT4play ......yes. Dealer said not as many buyers are out there for 4's as there used to be. Demand is slowing. Still crazy demand for a 5, but not so much for a 4 anymore.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back