Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Maintenance Regimen

View attachment 7689
I’m seeing Dexos 1 Gen 2 or am I reading that incorrectly from the manual
It is confusing, but if you look further in the manual...

and Mobil 1 ESP is pretty much the only oil available in 0W-40 with Dexos2 approval.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-13 20.50.31.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-13 20.50.31.png
    579 KB · Views: 181
It is confusing, but if you look further in the manual...

and Mobil 1 ESP is pretty much the only oil available in 0W-40 with Dexos2 approval.
Basically saying use dexos 1 gen2 oil unless noted otherwise, as is the special case for the LT4

Still contemplating on how early to do the first oil change on the 5BW in order to remove the break in oil. I'll probably do 1000 miles, send it to Blackstone, then follow their guidance and the on-board oil computer (probably once per year, I'm guessing). Anyway, this stuff isn't cheap.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-12 08.19.18.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-12 08.19.18.png
    144.9 KB · Views: 124
Still contemplating on how early to do the first oil change on the 5BW in order to remove the break in oil. I'll probably do 1000 miles, send it to Blackstone, then follow their guidance and the on-board oil computer (probably once per year, I'm guessing). Anyway, this stuff isn't cheap.
1,000 isn’t much. Remember first change is free at dealer

Just bought some AC Delco oil from the dealer. At least for the 4BW, AC Delco is discontinuing the dexos1 Gen 2 and rolling out dexos1 Gen 3 oil.

I sent my 500 mile oil change into Blackstone for analysis. This report looks like one shouldn't even worry about doing such an early oil change, but the large (1-2mm diameter) chunks of metal that were left in my oil catch pan say otherwise. I suppose those chunks would be blocked by the screen, but still happy to get them out.
Screenshot 2022-08-11 19.57.52.png

About to do my first oil change after ~5000 miles and 5 track days because that is what the oil life monitor is saying. I’m going to let the dealer do this one to save me ~$100 in oil and after that I’ll do it myself with the specified mobil 1 0w40 esp.

About to do my first oil change after ~5000 miles and 5 track days because that is what the oil life monitor is saying. I’m going to let the dealer do this one to save me ~$100 in oil and after that I’ll do it myself with the specified mobil 1 0w40 esp.
What % did it get down to before the light/indicator came on?

Thanks!
I'd wondered if by 15% it would be raising it's hand. I'm still in the 70s so ages to go... or a challenge to get there quickly.

To make things even more confusing Mobile 1 ESP 0W-40 (Dexos2) is being rebranded to Mobile 1 Supercar 0W-40, with the DexosR. So, BW5 owners with the LT4 will probably hear more about this oil soon.

Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 7.54.25 PM.png

The BW4 cars can continue to use the much less expensive 5W-30 Dexos1 oil.

To make things even more confusing Mobile 1 ESP 0W-40 (Dexos2) is being rebranded to Mobile 1 Supercar 0W-40, with the DexosR. So, BW5 owners with the LT4 will probably hear more about this oil soon.

View attachment 11698

The BW4 cars can continue to use the much less expensive 5W-30 Dexos1 oil.

oooooh, Dexos "RRRRRRR"...because RRRRacecar. Should add at least 10hp once they get the labels changed...hope it's a red label for even more racecar.

If I ever get my 4BW, I'll miss the easy oil changes of my VW GLI using the oil extractor and filter on top of the engine. No jacking at all. I see the 4BW filter is down below so probably no benefit using the extractor.

I’m curious, does the 4BW still require 0W40 for track use? The C7 was that way.

If I ever get my 4BW, I'll miss the easy oil changes of my VW GLI using the oil extractor and filter on top of the engine. No jacking at all. I see the 4BW filter is down below so probably no benefit using the extractor.
Just gave away my extractor and all my leftover Liquimoly from my Golf R. Topside filter and extractor changes were so nice.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back