Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Constraints Tracker

Manual on constraint? It sure feels that way, although not yet officially announced.

Anyone else heard this?

My dealer told me the same thing today.

Also got the old "Manual is on constraint" FML. Anyone have any other news about this?
Translation: dealer ignorantly thinks no one buys manuals, so they don't want to order a manual car in case you back out and they have to sell it to someone else.

If the dealer is willing to lie to you this early in the game, just order from another dealership.
I would think Sewell would do better than that. I've had this order in since October and the last email I received states

"Next time we get allocation with a manual it will be yours."

Also got the old "Manual is on constraint" FML. Anyone have any other news about this?

I'm with Sewell Houston, and was in the dealership this past weekend to do some paperwork. The Sales Manager re-confirmed what they told me a few weeks ago when they offered me an order that had been accepted by GM: manual is on constraint.

He told me that their most recent allocation was actually all automatics. But apparently they have a limited ability to adjust allocations based on how they prioritize what they want. (This is all new to me, so I might not be repeating it correctly. Some of you experienced GM guys probably know more about this.) He did that adjustment, crossed his fingers, and was able to snag a few manuals.

The excitement with which he told the story made it sound like this was in the "flawless victory" category of accomplishments.

Either manual is on constraint or it isn't.

There is no magic way to "adjust allocations" to get around constraints. Constraints are usually a %. So if something is on constraint, it doesn't mean zero cars are getting built without that option (it can still be 0% but it could also be 10% so 90% of cars can't have it but 10% can)) but the dealer is told if they can get it or not. They can't adjust the allocation to now get that constraint item if it wasn't offered. The allocation is given by GM, its not a debate.

The only way I could see this happening is if GM hadn't given that constrained item to another dealer yet, but the allocations are always every Thursday and are open at the same time to every dealer.

I'm not someone who is in on the the entire game, I'm just a customer, so maybe some shenanigans happen behind the scenes but from what I know, this shouldn't be possible but if you're Sewell and get 50% of all Blackwings, maybe something can happen.

It could also be, as an example, a dealer receives 3 allocations but only one can be manual. They were able to give you that manual.

The only way I could see this happening is if GM hadn't given that constrained item to another dealer yet, but the allocations are always every Thursday and are open at the same time to every dealer.

I'm not someone who is in on the the entire game, I'm just a customer, so maybe some shenanigans happen behind the scenes but from what I know, this shouldn't be possible but if you're Sewell and get 50% of all Blackwings, maybe something can happen.
😁
1657935652819.png

It could also be, as an example, a dealer receives 3 allocations but only one can be manual. They were able to give you that manual.
If we’re talking about 5BWs, I think the number is closer to 3 to 4%. They’re big, but not that big.

If they are then I lucked out, within the last 7-10 days my build obtained all the parts, at 3400 now with a 6spd.

I'm also @3100 as of today with a 6mt. I didn't have these on my build but Carbon 1 and 2 packages are on constraint and I believe the carbon seats are as well. At the time my order was first pulled, all of the new for 23 colors were also on constraint but the dealer was eventually able to get Radiant Red on my build so I think every regular color is open now (not sure about noir frost)

Does anyone know what the total number of 5bw produced for 2022? And how many of those were in fact manual?

Does anyone know what the total number of 5bw produced for 2022? And how many of those were in fact manual?
730 manuals and 863 autos according to the tracker. There are probably a few more, but that's probably pretty close to the final numbers. I keep saying it, but with all the production woes, it's pretty impressive that they churned out 1600 cars considering the first year of production of the CTSV3 was 1900.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back