Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Constraints Tracker

The only way I could see this happening is if GM hadn't given that constrained item to another dealer yet, but the allocations are always every Thursday and are open at the same time to every dealer.

I'm not someone who is in on the the entire game, I'm just a customer, so maybe some shenanigans happen behind the scenes but from what I know, this shouldn't be possible but if you're Sewell and get 50% of all Blackwings, maybe something can happen.

It could also be, as an example, a dealer receives 3 allocations but only one can be manual. They were able to give you that manual.

50% of the allocations........ That sounds awesome and absolutely horrifying at the same time.. lol

50% of the allocations........ That sounds awesome and absolutely horrifying at the same time.. lol

I'm doing my part to help others, 4BW - 10AT on order. I have had half a dozen MT cars/trucks over the years, but the 4BW will be my 127mi/day commuter to and from downtown LA including the 5, 170, 101 and through Hollywood. No, I dont think anyone would want a MT for very long given those conditions. That or your left leg will look like a tree trunk after a few months and you will walk funny.

the 4BW will be my 127mi/day commuter to and from downtown LA including the 5, 170, 101 and through Hollywood. No, I dont think anyone would want a MT for very long given those conditions.

One year I was visiting family in California, and drove from Ventura down to around San Clemente on the Wednesday afternoon before Thanksgiving. In an Evo VIII. Legitimately one of my all-time worst automotive experiences.

I've driven in the US, Mexico, Canada, Ireland, Wales, Scotland, England, France, Belgium, The Netherlands, and Germany. I've driven in New York City, Dublin, London, and Paris. In my experience, Los Angeles drivers have been the worst - by far. It's as if they lack a fundamental understanding of the driving process.

I totally get why you would get an auto there.

One year I was visiting family in California, and drove from Ventura down to around San Clemente on the Wednesday afternoon before Thanksgiving. In an Evo VIII. Legitimately one of my all-time worst automotive experiences.

I've driven in the US, Mexico, Canada, Ireland, Wales, Scotland, England, France, Belgium, The Netherlands, and Germany. I've driven in New York City, Dublin, London, and Paris. In my experience, Los Angeles drivers have been the worst - by far. It's as if they lack a fundamental understanding of the driving process.

I totally get why you would get an auto there.

You also get Adaptive Cruse, which I have come to love on the freeways out here, and the advanced stop assist, which I have had to use a few times.

In order to get my car built, I will have to remove CF1 & CF2, along with the carbon fiber seats. That kinda sucks, as those are some of the best looking parts of the car.

I did drive a CT5 Blackwing last week (an auto), and I thought it was a great car. Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL has one in their lunchtime touring fleet. Handled good, great acceleration, looked awesome. This one had all of the carbon fiber bits, so I think it must have been an early production model.

I put in my order in late May for CT4 BW manual. My dealer got an allocation so I got the call last Friday. I was told in order to get my car built, I'd have to remove CF1 and CF2. I reluctantly agreed so they put in the order and all seemed fine. 15 minutes later, the GM calls and tells me that I would have to change Midnight Steel Metallic to another color. My original intent was to go with Electric Blue but I had changed my mind to Midnight Still. I did not agree to the change so the dealer did not pull my order until the color becomes available. So the wait goes on until the dealer gets another allocation but I am not sure where that leaves me on the waitlist.

I put in my order in late May for CT4 BW manual. My dealer got an allocation so I got the call last Friday. I was told in order to get my car built, I'd have to remove CF1 and CF2. I reluctantly agreed so they put in the order and all seemed fine. 15 minutes later, the GM calls and tells me that I would have to change Midnight Steel Metallic to another color. My original intent was to go with Electric Blue but I had changed my mind to Midnight Still. I did not agree to the change so the dealer did not pull my order until the color becomes available. So the wait goes on until the dealer gets another allocation but I am not sure where that leaves me on the waitlist.
That is a huge swing in colors there - but ya definitely don't want to go with something you will literally see all the time. One thing if it's some stitching or maybe a different wheel color, but ya that is a bit much.
Maybe have a look for '22s in stock in either of the '22 grey metallic colors that I'm guessing midnight steel went someways to replace?

If it is worth anything to you, my dealership explicitly told me during order on Saturday that Midnight Steel was "on constraint."

Comedy Central Idk GIF by Lights Out with David Spade

Can confirm that the Midnight Steel is on allocation, and as described by my dealer as having a "slow roll out".

Heard the same thing. I decided to wait, and hopefully by the time my name comes up again for Midnight Steel I will have seen an actual picture of it on a car (or at the very least the configurator).

Same here, I am going to wait until I can order Midnight Steel. As for the CF packages, I am not too optimistic.

Placed deposit Oct 2021, finally got my call from local Cadillac dealer Saturday night. She could place the order if I did the following:
1) Remove anything carbon fiber (including the seats) -- I agreed (reluctantly)
2) Remove the rearview mirror-camera -- I agreed.
3) The order was bumped to 2023 model (increased base price), but could NOT order the new Maverick Noir Frost.

It was either go back into the waiting pool, or agree to the above.

I agreed. :-/

Placed deposit Oct 2021, finally got my call from local Cadillac dealer Saturday night. She could place the order if I did the following:
3) The order was bumped to 2023 model (increased base price), but could NOT order the new Maverick Noir Frost.

Shoot, so is the camera mirror also on constraint?!

It's the Parking Package Y6L that is on constraint.
Ugh, well that's annoying! I'd really want all of the stuff in that package.

Oof, can you still get 'bucket seats' like in the 4BW? Or it's the carbon backed ones or plain standard ones? That's bloody annoying, so jacked price, less stuff... hopefully you'll see it as early in the Autumn as possible!

Same here, I am going to wait until I can order Midnight Steel. As for the CF packages, I am not too optimistic.
I’m going all in (mostly), Midnight Steel, CF seats and CF1 for my 2023 order. My 2022 5BW has the CF backed seats and so far they seem very comfortable.

Does anyone know if manual orders are getting picked up? It seems the autos are predominantly out there now, and I'm hoping the 6MT was just a temporary thing.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back