Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Constraints Tracker

My dealer called and said they could get my CT5BW in for production IF I'd drop the HMR/HJC/HJD High-Performance Seats.

He said those seats may NEVER be available... I'm going to wait and see what happens.

My dealer called and said they could get my CT5BW in for production IF I'd drop the HMR/HJC/HJD High-Performance Seats.

He said those seats may NEVER be available... I'm going to wait and see what happens.
You’re going to skip an allocation?

Why not get the mid tier seats? Without the CF backs?

I agree with you. I also ordered those seats and yes, I'd wait too. Until GM says no more, I'm waiting. Who knows if the dealer really knows or is just saying that? The heart wants what the heart wants.

I actually wanted the mid-level seats because I had a negative experience with a carbon steering wheel in the past scratching and didn't want to risk that happening to my seats, and aside from leather type and carbon backs, functionally it is the same seat. I even like the quilt pattern on them. My 5BW order got assigned to a Jan 3 build date a week ago (with CF1) at a relatively small dealer (order from early August), so they are probably right.

I actually wanted the mid-level seats because I had a negative experience with a carbon steering wheel in the past scratching and didn't want to risk that happening to my seats, and aside from leather type and carbon backs, functionally it is the same seat. I even like the quilt pattern on them. My 5BW order got assigned to a Jan 3 build date a week ago (with CF1) at a relatively small dealer (order from early August), so they are probably right.
Is it just me or does it feel like the small dealer folks are doing really well lately in terms of getting picked up?

I've a CT4BW order with a build week of Jan 3 as well. We will see how it goes! My small dealer here though says no way on getting an allocation so a went with a middle of the road one. John Elway in Denver (great people) said I could pre-order a couple months ago but should get it next August-Fall. Look, as much as I love the BW's...I aint waiting that long for them lol. Maybe something more exotic but I've waited since Feb to even get on a list!

I've a CT4BW order with a build week of Jan 3 as well. We will see how it goes! My small dealer here though says no way on getting an allocation so a went with a middle of the road one. John Elway in Denver (great people) said I could pre-order a couple months ago but should get it next August-Fall. Look, as much as I love the BW's...I aint waiting that long for them lol. Maybe something more exotic but I've waited since Feb to even get on a list!
Wait so did you order in February or a couple of months ago?

Wait so did you order in February or a couple of months ago?
I've been trying since pre-orders went up in Feb. Bothered dealers until I could actually make a pre-order a couple of months ago. Passed on an M2 CS, M3 Competition, Shelby in the meantime. The BW seems to check most all the boxes for me.

I've been trying since pre-orders went up in Feb. Bothered dealers until I could actually make a pre-order a couple of months ago. Passed on an M2 CS, M3 Competition, Shelby in the meantime. The BW seems to check most all the boxes for me.
Pretty much same boat? Though, I can't buy Ford "GM Family" setting it the Shelby is 100% better than setting in the Camaro. Not a fan of BMW's way overpriced, depreciates insanely and heaven forbid you need a part no thanks you guys can pay for that tariff. I will take a GM single cam-in-block engine any day over some overpriced predator ford contraption. I am on list for C8 but the BW is checking all my boxes too!

Note: I was aware of the CT5 BW preorder and should have just sat my butt down in front of computer and clicked the button.........now it's like I am talking to the wall trying to get one without some stupid ADM...

Pretty much same boat? Though, I can't buy Ford "GM Family" setting it the Shelby is 100% better than setting in the Camaro. Not a fan of BMW's way overpriced, depreciates insanely and heaven forbid you need a part no thanks you guys can pay for that tariff. I will take a GM single cam-in-block engine any day over some overpriced predator ford contraption. I am on list for C8 but the BW is checking all my boxes too!

Note: I was aware of the CT5 BW preorder and should have just sat my butt down in front of computer and clicked the button.........now it's like I am talking to the wall trying to get one without some stupid ADM...
Seems like it's ADM or a colossal wait. Pick your poison!

Considered a 911 or Cayman GTS 4.0 but they're all saying 2 years wait plus their version of ADM for the more rare cars. They call it a "relationship fee" if only I'd bought my previous Porsches from them I wouldn't have this problem (they can kindly shove off!).

I'll wait until I can get something at MSRP. The F Type is serving me fine in the meantime.

Seems like it's ADM or a colossal wait. Pick your poison!

Considered a 911 or Cayman GTS 4.0 but they're all saying 2 years wait plus their version of ADM for the more rare cars. They call it a "relationship fee" if only I'd bought my previous Porsches from them I wouldn't have this problem (they can kindly shove off!).

I'll wait until I can get something at MSRP. The F Type is serving me fine in the meantime.
Akin to joining a frat. Paying extra to hang out with a few douches? No thanks.

Akin to joining a frat. Paying extra to hang out with a few douches? No thanks.
That feels painfully accurate. Feels like a lot of the dealerships lately have been getting more "fratty" too. This mentality of not wanting to sell cars to you if you're not part of the club is bonkers. I may be showing my age a bit but it seems like it wasn't that long ago marques would be trying to convert you.

Constraints updated! Only good news this week is a higher percentage on CT4-V BW. All CF packs for both models now at 0%. Still no availability on the CT5 carbon seat backs.

Constraints updated! Only good news this week is a higher percentage on CT4-V BW. All CF packs for both models now at 0%. Still no availability on the CT5 carbon seat backs.
Thanks for doing this powwaah!

While I am sorry for everyone else, this is great news for me as my order has no CF on it and the guy ahead of me does! Here's hoping they got an allocation and he/she can't live without CF!

Thanks for doing this powwaah!

While I am sorry for everyone else, this is great news for me as my order has no CF on it and the guy ahead of me does! Here's hoping they got an allocation and he/she can't live without CF!
Sure thing! Yes, the good news here is that us no-carbon-CT4 folks should start seeing 1100's bump to 2000's over the next few weeks.

Could you clear something up for me, apologies if already answered. Do the constraint percentages concern the allocation of new orders, or what is being built that week? Like does it mean 0% of cars built will have CF, or 0% of orders accepted will have CF?

Could you clear something up for me, apologies if already answered. Do the constraint percentages concern the allocation of new orders, or what is being built that week? Like does it mean 0% of cars built will have CF, or 0% of orders accepted will have CF?
Constraints apply to 1100 orders only. If you have an allocation (past 2000), constraints will not affect you.

Constraints apply to 1100 orders only. If you have an allocation (past 2000), constraints will not affect you.
Now I'm very confused- so these numbers are more like 'free allocation' beyond the current plan? Because that suggests that they may be building cars with CF seats or CF2 packages, even if the number listed here is 0%. Is that possible?

Now I'm very confused- so these numbers are more like 'free allocation' beyond the current plan? Because that suggests that they may be building cars with CF seats or CF2 packages, even if the number listed here is 0%. Is that possible?
Of course it's all subject to change, but if you look at the TPP weeks on the first post of this thread, theoretically there should be no CF packs in production this month until we get to January, where allocations for the constraints were opened up slightly, only to be closed again going into February.

For example, for CT5, the week of Jan 10, 5% of production should have CF2.

Sure thing! Yes, the good news here is that us no-carbon-CT4 folks should start seeing 1100's bump to 2000's over the next few weeks.
Wait what about the 5BW no C/F dudes like me at 1100 ;shrug hahaha

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners