Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Constraints Tracker

I see the weekly allocation is single digits, but could that change? I don't know enough about how GM manages parts inventory. I assume the engine guys are churning out powerplants, but are they stockpiling the various BW specific parts or building them to use? I guess I'm asking: assuming the constraints cleared up, could they clear up a bunch of order backlog by making a BW-heavy run?

Or is their JIT system such that it's not easy to make a shift like that?
For sure it can change, a good example is last week when CT4 BW jumped to 20%, that's a pretty significant boost. Even the *very* small dealer I'm connected with got an allocation. I think we're gonna see waves like this going forward. Obviously GM wants to make and sell these cars, they make them a ton of money and they have zero incentive not to build as many of them as they can, we're just in a weird time with all the supplier issues. Most if not all the current constraints are listed as "supplier restriction".

For sure it can change, a good example is last week when CT4 BW jumped to 20%, that's a pretty significant boost. Even the *very* small dealer I'm connected with got an allocation. I think we're gonna see waves like this going forward. Obviously GM wants to make and sell these cars, they make them a ton of money and they have zero incentive not to build as many of them as they can, we're just in a weird time with all the supplier issues. Most if not all the current constraints are listed as "supplier restriction".
It really seems random which dealers get an allocation. I'm at the top of the list with a deposit down over at Lockhart Cadillac and they didn't get a single allocation. Sad day for me!

I'll keep hoping that one day I get a car haha!

The pipe is just as backed up coming out of the factory as going in. I have a 4BW like many others here that was built over a month ago now just sitting in a frozen shipping distribution yard. I‘m in metro Detroit and it’s amazing to see the thousands upon thousands of newly built vehicles from all makes piling up in enormous formerly empty or abandoned parking lots waiting to be sent to dealers. So even if all supplier constraints miraculously ended today, very few of us will be getting our cars anytime soon unless Cadillac can poach some CDL drivers from Amazon or something. Apologies for rant, getting kinda frustrated.

No need to apologize I think everyone here is equally frustrated... at least those that don't have their car yet. I imagine your situation is even more frustrating than mine since your car is just sitting there.

Given the chance, I'd fly over and pick mine up when it's made. Driving it home sounds a lot less obnoxious than waiting!

It really seems random which dealers get an allocation. I'm at the top of the list with a deposit down over at Lockhart Cadillac and they didn't get a single allocation. Sad day for me!

Yep! A major part of getting an allocation is the "days supply" of the dealer. Two scenarios:

Small Dealer A sold 2 CT4 V BW in the last 180 days, and has 1 currently on order being built, and nothing in stock.
180 days * (1 available unit / 2 sales) = 60 day supply

Large Dealer B sold 15 CT4 V BW in the last 180 days, and has 3 on order, 2 in transit, and 1 in stock.
180 days * (6 available units / 15 sales) = 72 day supply

Even though Dealer A is significantly smaller and sold less units, they are more likely to pick up an allocation because their days supply is lower than Dealer B.

There's more to it than this, but this is a huge factor in getting an allocation.

Yep! A major part of getting an allocation is the "days supply" of the dealer. Two scenarios:

Small Dealer A sold 2 CT4 V BW in the last 180 days, and has 1 currently on order being built, and nothing in stock.

Large Dealer B sold 15 CT4 V BW in the last 180 days, and has 3 on order, 2 in transit, and 1 in stock.

Even though Dealer A is significantly smaller and sold less units, they are more likely to pick up an allocation because their days supply is lower than Dealer B.

There's more to it than this, but this is a huge factor in getting an allocation.
Simple solution is Lockhart needs to just stop stocking Escalades! lol

The very small dealer who was able to get an allocation for me last week has never even had a blackwing, was that just a stroke of luck?

The very small dealer who was able to get an allocation for me last week has never even had a blackwing, was that just a stroke of luck?
Yep, I have a feeling that last week a lot of small dealers got some love. The dealer I am connected to is about as small as they get and they also got one.

I am in the same boat with them on a CT5 Blackwing.

It’ll be 9 months waiting for me by Christmas. The M5 I ordered arrived at the port this morning. I think the universe is trying to tell me something.
It’s telling you to pass your bw to someone if you get the m5 versus cancelling :p

It’s telling you to pass your bw to someone if you get the m5 versus cancelling :p
Dude I would but the dealer told me if I backed out they’d be selling it with ADM.

Hmm now you got me thinking maybe I’ll buy it anyway and sell one of them. My wife would totally go for that idea. For the record it’s a manual Rift with Natural Tan carbon buckets, CF1 and 2, CCBs and bronze wheels. 😍 Judging by that spec it’s gonna be a while!

Any idea approximately what the typical timeframe is once order hits 1100. I understand a ton of variables exists just trying to see if some type of "norm" is out there, aka 6-9 months, etc. My build has no C/F on it, but you never know if they run out of bronze tech wheels...LOL

I'm a patient man so it is what it is, I'll be happy if I can get one of these great 5BW..... Hopefully in '22

Any idea approximately what the typical timeframe is once order hits 1100. I understand a ton of variables exists just trying to see if some type of "norm" is out there, aka 6-9 months, etc. My build has no C/F on it, but you never know if they run out of bronze tech wheels...LOL
You're right in that there are tons of variables, and it comes down to the dealer and the number of allocations they receive combined with their demand for orders. Unfortunately there is no norm.

Sounds like my local dealer. They got a single CT-5 V Blackwing and sold it with 10-15k adm. Said it was the only one being produced for my state and all that jazz. Also, the 4 Blackwing is a "vapor car" that isn't being produced followed by a sales pitch for an Escalade.

I'll be making the commute up north a few miles to avoid using that dealer. Hopefully they go under as they're also refusing the electric updates to the dealership.

Sounds like my local dealer. They got a single CT-5 V Blackwing and sold it with 10-15k adm. Said it was the only one being produced for my state and all that jazz. Also, the 4 Blackwing is a "vapor car" that isn't being produced followed by a sales pitch for an Escalade.

I'll be making the commute up north a few miles to avoid using that dealer. Hopefully they go under as they're also refusing the electric updates to the dealership.
whaaaa? Why do people just make stuff up?

whaaaa? Why do people just make stuff up?
An excellent question. I just had to hear the whole thing since it was just so patently wrong. Guy was completely on a rage train about just about everything especially the electrification of Cadillac. Won't be doing any of that at this dealership while he's still alive!

Which dealer? There's a few of us waiting at Hendrick Monroe which is pretty small.
Perhaps Ben Mynatt in Concord? Found out they rust received an allocation for a vehicle supposed to be produced in January.

Dude I would but the dealer told me if I backed out they’d be selling it with ADM.

Hmm now you got me thinking maybe I’ll buy it anyway and sell one of them. My wife would totally go for that idea. For the record it’s a manual Rift with Natural Tan carbon buckets, CF1 and 2, CCBs and bronze wheels. 😍 Judging by that spec it’s gonna be a while!
Thats my exact build sans the carbon. (I did it hoping it would speed it up)

Also…. They can’t control who shows up with you to the finance table lol

Lmk if you are serious I don’t mind flying to you etc etc. my wife loves a good excuse to travel and meet new people lol and if you want to make money on it we’ll I understand you.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back