Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Biggest fill up in the blackwing?

Seasoned Member
4508E730-9319-4183-9D29-F685489222CC.jpeg

I paid for the whole gas tank so I’m gonna use the whole gas tank!

Actually, I need to correct that. Didn't have enough coffee yet. Our regular just went up today. In Tucson it's $4 to $4.20, in PHX $4.50+

Premium is $4.50+ in Tucson and in PHX $4.85+

I'm not sure we've seen all the increase yet from the Tropical Storm in California yet, so $4.79 probably will be cheap in another week. It went up 20 cents in the last couple of days.

Last edited:
I gassed the V-Wagon a couple of days ago and paid $4.009 here in Yukon, OK.

$3.55 Costco in AR

Just paid $4.90 at Costco which is about .60/gal cheaper for similar Top Tier gas (technically since Costco has more additives than Top Tier requires, one could say they're superior.)

(technically since Costco has more additives than Top Tier requires, one could say they're superior.)

Here we go. Let's not start the gas quality discussion. 99% of it is all the same. Trust me, gas is gas.

So many things here: Were you nail-biting running on fumes coasting into the station? Is it a scam pump (>17 gal)? or is it spilling out the tank also? All too crazy for me
Maybe scam pump. I didn’t top off and no gas was spilling out.

But I probably was running on fumes. I caught to covid again and was driving home to quarantine as mandated by my work. Was feeling out of sorts so skipped the gas station when I should have filled up earlier. GPS took me on a weird route and I just couldn’t find a station along the way. When the fuel gauge just read low without any mile indications I felt a little concerned but my prior car (G37) could honestly go for another 80 miles when the gas light comes on I felt I would be fine. I drove a bit longer hoping to see a station but no avail. Set the GPS for a Shell station 15 miles away and got there no issues. Put in those 17.2 gallons and thought I cut it close since I seemed to remember the blackwing holds 17.5 gallons. Then I looked it up and apparently it holds 17. So the miles to empty gauge on the Blackwing seems pretty real. If it says you will run out of gas in 30 miles, you don’t have a lot of reserve left.

I've seen 17 and 17.5 in official documents, so who really knows? I don't try to press the "run until empty" scenario, unless I am forced to by circumstances. The fact that heat is a big killer of fuel pumps and that the fuel helps to keep it cool is preventive maintenance for me.

A few months ago my 5BW was reading 42 miles till empty. My Mom lives 22 miles away and there is a BJ's gas station that is usually .25 cents cheaper per gallon. I decided to go pay her a visit and get some cheaper 93 octane gas while I was at it. Of course, I get there and there is a line around the block. The car was now reading "take a guess at how much gas you have" and I was one car away from the pump after waiting at idle for 15 minutes. My butt had a pucker factor going. As the woman is getting done in front of me, I go to get my BJ's card out of my wallet and I find out I don't have it !! NOW, I am really sweating. The nearest gas station was about 1.5 miles away. This gas station has the price where they rob you without a gun. I bought 2 gallons for $9 bucks and went back to BJ's and went inside to get a new card, then went and got back on line at the pumps for 15 minutes ..........just to save $3.50 .

Geeezzz. Got the big girl out finally (or is that file footage again?)? And $3.98 for 93? Gad zooks that's cheap. I miss my 93, can only get 91 out west

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back