Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

ATS V power

Tuna

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'11 V Wagon, ( '13 427 Vette & '21 Vette)
What type and style of engine do you think Caddy will put into the ATS V when it comes along?

I'm betting on a 3.6L V6 with Twin-Turbos and about 425 to 450 HP.

The BMW M3 comes with a 414 HP V8 (4.0L) .
The Mercedes C63 AMG is 451 HP V8 (6.3L) .

Cadillac will want to match or trump both of these cars and do it with better power to weight and fuel mileage while matching or beating their performance. I think the V6 TT is the answer.

I just read something about a twin turbo v6 that GM is working on. Might appear in the ATS-V, Chevrolet SS among others. Can't wait.

I'm sure they won't use the LSA motor for the ATS-V. We may see what they will use when the C7 debuts. ??? Or they may stay with the V6 and do the twin turbo route. I just hope they come out with a hardtop convertible!! :smile:

After posting this, I found the following article from this past Feb. that supports the twin turo V6 scenario. Hopefully they will boost the power they are stating in the article. Don't think 380HP will get it against the Germans!!

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/cadillac/2014-cadillac-ats-v-ar109171.html

Last edited:
If there's room in the ATS for a V8, they could stuff an LT1 in there with 450 HP. But, I still believe that Caddy will put a V-6 TT under the hood with something over 400 HP.

Anybody going to the NAIAS? Looking forward to seeing the C7. I'll be sure to ask the Caddy reps about the ATS -V but won't expect any leaks from them.

Anybody going to the NAIAS? Looking forward to seeing the C7. I'll be sure to ask the Caddy reps about the ATS -V but won't expect any leaks from them.
Yes, I'll be going.

GM invited me out there to see the official unveiling of the C7, so I'll be covering that for CorvetteActionCenter.com as well as anything new related to Cadillac for the Cadillac V-Net.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back