Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Am I the only one burning quarts of oil?

Jpjr

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5V Blackwing
I’ve added three quarts since my last change. Zero leaks. Zero smoke. I don’t get it other than it’s a bespoke motor and stuff happens. Am I just an unlucky unicorn?

How and when are you checking the level? I've added air to the tires, but no oil.

My 4BW has not burned a drop. If your adding quarts upon quarts that often, something is seriously wrong with the car.

I’ve added three quarts since my last change. Zero leaks. Zero smoke. I don’t get it other than it’s a bespoke motor and stuff happens. Am I just an unlucky unicorn?
Over what period of time in miles such as 500, 1500, 5000? Are you checking it the same engine temperature each time in the same parking spot?

Something is definitely wrong here….

Something is definitely wrong here….

Lots of sports cars burn oil, especially forced induction that run on 0w. Hence why the powertrain warranty on most high end cars specifies what defines an excessive amount.

The added oil is over thousands of miles and there is no indication anything is wrong between the engine temp, oil temp, or oil pressure. Just the oil level. Car runs fine.

I’ve added probably a quart of oil in total between oil changes in the 10K miles I’ve driven my 5BW. This includes around 10 track days. I definitely think your use is abnormal and would take it to the dealer.

25K on my 4BW now. Ill see about 1/2 qt used in 5K miles. If your using 3qt between oil changes that's definitely excessive.

I changed mine at 1500 miles and it didn’t look like it burned any during break in. I’m now at almost 3k and thankfully it still doesn’t look like it’s using any.

I got your answer my man to your burning oil shoot me a email 29santino26@gmail.com
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

They put in the wrong oil inside your car
I just went threw the whole summer and the dealership been putin mobile 1 0w40 without the dexos 2 in it

All factory cadillac V are filled with Mobile 1 super car 0w 40 with dextos 2 in it

I bet you your manufacturer oil change lasted the right amount and ever since the 1st oil change been burning like a mother

Wasted my whole summer burning 3L of oil every 2000km thinking something wrong in engine

Make sure your dealership puts the right oil with dexos 2 in it all LT4 will burn others if not

Last edited:
Threads like this (and my current experience dealing with the wife's car and BMW - long story) make me wonder if it's worth the $70 I'll save having the dealer do the first "free" oil service.

Typically the top-notch experienced techs are not the ones doing routine oil changes. And I don't want to discriminate, but it's possible that many of the younger techs may not know how to properly operate the clutch.

They put in the wrong oil inside your car
I just went threw the whole summer and the dealership been putin mobile 1 0w40 without the dexos 2 in it

All factory cadillac V are filled with Mobile 1 super car 0w 40 with dextos 2 in it

I bet you your manufacturer oil change lasted the right amount and ever since the 1st oil change been burning like a mother

Wasted my whole summer burning 3L of oil every 2000km thinking something wrong in engine

Make sure your dealership puts the right oil with dexos 2 in it all LT4 will burn others if not
Hmm, I wonder if your car will still burn the dexos2 oil as well, since that's also the wrong oil for an lt4.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back