Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

AKG Audio.......

You really have to crank up the volume on this thing to get it to sound good. The Bose on my CT5V was definitely better in the low range. I don’t listen to the music all that loud because I like to hear the exhaust noise 🤷🏻‍♂️
I have to agree with this statement. I tend to keep my music fairly low and I was not as happy with it as I am with the sony system in my Flex... A good song came on and I felt the need to turn it up some, night and day difference!

I have to agree with this statement. I tend to keep my music fairly low and I was not as happy with it as I am with the sony system in my Flex... A good song came on and I felt the need to turn it up some, night and day difference!

Yea it’s real weird how dull it is when the volume is low. The Bose system in the CT5V was pretty consistent across all volume ranges. I’ve never had AKG before but it was nice to have good sound on low volume. I can already see my idiot friends turning up my volume and then me turning it back down on the steering wheel lol. My pet peeve. Don’t touch my volume 😂😂

I agree the sounds system is dull at lower volume. However, it’s great at mid to higher volume. To me it’s much more dynamic than most sound systems.

Yea it’s real weird how dull it is when the volume is low. The Bose system in the CT5V was pretty consistent across all volume ranges. I’ve never had AKG before but it was nice to have good sound on low volume. I can already see my idiot friends turning up my volume and then me turning it back down on the steering wheel lol. My pet peeve. Don’t touch my volume 😂😂
I wonder if it is the ANC that flattens the sound when played at low volume. That is if this car has noise cancelling.. most higher end cars do nowadays.

does anyone know speaker sizes and locations in the CT5-V BW?
my car isn't here yet but I need to purchase my speakers and amps next week while I'm back at my dad's house because my buddy owns a shop up there.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hey did you get speakers and amp installed? I am looking to do the same when my BW comes in.

I wonder if it is the ANC that flattens the sound when played at low volume. That is if this car has noise cancelling.. most higher end cars do nowadays.

I wonder if there's a simple way to disable it if it does have it.

The AKG in my CT4 BW has poor sound quality. Turned the settings for bass all the way up and it is still flat using my own music playlist. Over to my 2020 XT5 Premium Luxury with the Bose sound and it is fantastic using the same playlist.

I think the key is having high enough quality audio to go wireless Carl may and make it sound rich.

I bet on the wire it punches better.

Once you have a superb home audio setup, car audio becomes less important. But it is fair to hope for a decent enough sound in any car nowadays. My 2020 Sierra has a very good stock system that is more than enough for driving. When I want to really indulge fine listening - which is frequently for me - it is in my audio room :)

Once you have a superb home audio setup, car audio becomes less important. But it is fair to hope for a decent enough sound in any car nowadays. My 2020 Sierra has a very good stock system that is more than enough for driving. When I want to really indulge fine listening - which is frequently for me - it is in my audio room :)
Yes and no. I have a superb home audio setup, but I spend 4+ hours a day in the car and I am the Chief Engineer for six Los Angeles radio stations. So having a good sound system in my car is very important. I do recongnize I am in a unique situation however.

I wonder if there's a simple way to disable it if it does have it.
I believe that if a car has ANC and it is affecting the sound quality, listening with the engine off will highlight this.

I'm not an audiophile or snob...but I do love EDM...so I hope I can hear when the bass drops. :p

For those who may not get the reference...

Cadillac Marketing will love this post.
Cadillac marketing.

It was great pointing my management to where Cadillac Marketing's media contractor got the sound clip used in their commercials.

Check the lyrics. I'm a bag of dicks, put me too your lips. Seriously.

Cadillac marketing.

It was great pointing my management to where Cadillac Marketing's media contractor got the sound clip used in their commercials.

Always thought that was a strange choice for a commercial but what do I know!?

Cadillac marketing.

Woooooooooooooow. I'm dead. Lol you win! :D

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners