Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

AKG Audio.......

Always thought that was a strange choice for a commercial but what do I know!?
I am 99% sure it was pitched to Cadillac Management who have 0 clue of the clips origins. They would be aghast. I want them to know, but I am scared to tip them off, that they'd shoot the messenger. I shared it with my management and they were like, they had to know, right?

Cadillac marketing.

It was great pointing my management to where Cadillac Marketing's media contractor got the sound clip used in their commercials.

Check the lyrics. I'm a bag of dicks, put me too your lips. Seriously.

And milk just flew outta my nose.

happy show GIF

Is that a Cadillac board meeting in the video? Maybe they let cadillac use the song is they got to use the board meeting for a video shoot? ;)

Cadillac marketing.

It was great pointing my management to where Cadillac Marketing's media contractor got the sound clip used in their commercials.

Check the lyrics. I'm a bag of dicks, put me too your lips. Seriously.
Reminds me of a commercial for the women's Olympic gymnastics team way back when. The song they used? "Stupid Girl"...you can't make this stuff up.

Hey did you get speakers and amp installed? I am looking to do the same when my BW comes in.
I have not yet...been really busy but I uninstalled all of my equipment from my truck just waiting to install in the BW

I have not yet...been really busy but I uninstalled all of my equipment from my truck just waiting to install in the BW
That’s what I did too. I took out my pair JL Audio 10TW3 and JL Audio XD600. Having a custom box done whenever my BW arrives

That’s what I did too. I took out my pair JL Audio 10TW3 and JL Audio XD600. Having a custom box done whenever my BW arrives
Nice! I had Audiofrog GB10, GB25, and GB60's up front that I removed as well as a JL Audio VX800/8i and VX1000/1i. I'm still trying to figure out what subs to run (heavily considering 3 8" JL's but there are definitely better 8" subs on the market I've just always had good luck with JL products for amps and subs...not so much their components though.

Nice! I had Audiofrog GB10, GB25, and GB60's up front that I removed as well as a JL Audio VX800/8i and VX1000/1i. I'm still trying to figure out what subs to run (heavily considering 3 8" JL's but there are definitely better 8" subs on the market I've just always had good luck with JL products for amps and subs...not so much their components though.
I agree. JL seems to be my go to brand. I have tried Kicker, SSA, and Pioneer, but I have always ended up selling them and buying JL. I currently have JL in my 2021 Ram now. There are definitely better subs out there but, I want to have more trunk space available, so I am going with the best shallow mount subs, which I think are the 10TW3.

I have run exclusively JL subs since the mid 90's lol.

I agree. JL seems to be my go to brand. I have tried Kicker, SSA, and Pioneer, but I have always ended up selling them and buying JL. I currently have JL in my 2021 Ram now. There are definitely better subs out there but, I want to have more trunk space available, so I am going with the best shallow mount subs, which I think are the 10TW3.
hands down the TW3 line is amazing...I have 2 12's in my 2019 ram 2500 and I've never heard a better shallow mount sub including the TW5's....I also like the W6 line better than the W7 line though so maybe it's just my ear and how I listen to music. only sealed boxes for me...hate the way ported boxes sound. They're never crisp and tight.

I was looking at one of these boxes. My interior is the Sky Cool Gray. The guy was going to do: kerf ported, large acrylic window on top, exterior stained black with high gloss, red trim accents, with light grey painted on the inside of enclosure. Blackwing logo on the inside or somewhere on the glass
3792AE7A-6E98-47D1-9245-4BE9FBD15207.jpeg

those look nice. I'm not a fan of the sound produced by a ported box but again we all listen to different music and in different ways. They look like quality enclosures for sure though.

My car is finally built! Hope to have it shipped to my dealer soon. Some of you have had yours a while. Any further feedback on the AKG sound system is appreciated. Thanks.

My car is finally built! Hope to have it shipped to my dealer soon. Some of you have had yours a while. Any further feedback on the AKG sound system is appreciated. Thanks.
Im content. I prefer it to the Bose in our CT4. The Surround setting adjustment might not be everyones cup of tea but I kind of like it.

I find you have to really crank the volume otherwise it sounds flat. Not sure if the amp is undersized or the cross-over is suboptimal for the variety of music I like.

I find you have to really crank the volume otherwise it sounds flat. Not sure if the amp is undersized or the cross-over is suboptimal for the variety of music I like.
That is my opinion as well. Not as good as the Bose systems that I have had in my Audis and really more on the level of the Bose system our Telluride. The "Surround" sound doesn't seem to do much, so I just crank up the exhaust. :) But my car is the only place I get to listen to music, and it would have been nice if it was a little better system.

Did you have the Bowers and Wilkins system in your M5? I have it in mine and it’s one of my favorite things about the car.

Congrats on yours being built! Hope the wait isn’t too long for you.

Did you have the Bowers and Wilkins system in your M5? I have it in mine and it’s one of my favorite things about the car.

Congrats on yours being built! Hope the wait isn’t too long for you.
Yes I did and as you say it was fantastic and well worth the $$$ BMW charges for it. I'm hoping the AKG is even half as good.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back