Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

AKG Audio.......

I realize that this is likely the last thing those who have received their BWs are thinking about but it would awesome if anyone could chime in on the AKG sound system. Understandably, it’s one aspect of the car that hasn’t been covered in the press yet but I’m curious to hear opinions.

I realize that this is likely the last thing those who have received their BWs are thinking about but it would awesome if anyone could chime in on the AKG sound system. Understandably, it’s one aspect of the car that hasn’t been covered in the press yet but I’m curious to hear opinions.
Oh believe me, as a consummate audiophile snob, I will absolutely chime in once the car comes in and I have some listening time under my belt 😂 Stay tuned...

How much y'all want to bet this will be one of our "gifts"? My dad received this in the mail from Cadillac...about 8 months after buying his 2021 Escalade with the upgraded AKG stereo. He "gifted" them to me last night. 🤣

Screenshot_20210815-170318_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210815-170332_Gallery.jpg

I will preface this by saying I don't have enough listening time under my belt, but my initial thoughts are the system isn't bad, but a little lackluster - particularly on the low's/bass. I have driven the car most of the time with no music as I prefer the engine noise which provides the vibe. I have a B&O system in my expedition platinum and it isn't great, but had a B&O system in my X5M which was the best system I have had in any car with the Bowers & Wilkins being a close second in a XJL.

I'm not a big audiophile, but the AKG doesn't sound bad at all to my ears. Decent range, decent bass (nothing car shaking, but some good, fairly crisp thumps), decent mid/highs, and staging.

For a "standard" audio system in the Blackwing, I'd say it's very competitive with any standard audio system from like an M5, E63, etc. It's better than the Bose in my old 991.2 GT3, definitely better than the B&O in my Raptor, maybe not quite as good as the Mark Levinson in my LX570, blows the Bose out of the water of my C6 ZR1. :D :D

Seriously, it's a good stock system for sure IMHO. It may not be better than like a Burmester in a Porsche, but those are like $5k options, so....

Not sure if anyone has messed around with it yet, but are separate stereo settings linked to each of the two key fobs? In other words, does fob #1 have its own preset stations and other stereo settings while fob #2 has its own settings, each of which kicks in when that specific fob is used to start the car? This didn't exist on my old CTS but I have this on my Quattroporte and it's hugely convenient.

Not sure if anyone has messed around with it yet, but are separate stereo settings linked to each of the two key fobs? In other words, does fob #1 have its own preset stations and other stereo settings while fob #2 has its own settings, each of which kicks in when that specific fob is used to start the car? This didn't exist on my old CTS but I have this on my Quattroporte and it's hugely convenient.

You can set different preferences for each key fob. Just have to assign a profile to each one

Just don't let anyone else drive your car and your presets will always be fine. :D :D

Seriously though, I'm not sure as I don't have a co-driver for my 5BW so nobody has messed with my settings.

I will say that my wife said she's started watching Youtube videos on how to drive a manual, so I am genuinely concerned. :oops::oops::oops:

Just don't let anyone else drive your car and your presets will always be fine. :D :D

Seriously though, I'm not sure as I don't have a co-driver for my 5BW so nobody has messed with my settings.

I will say that my wife said she's started watching Youtube videos on how to drive a manual, so I am genuinely concerned. :oops::oops::oops:
Mine said she was gonna learn to drive stick once i put my order in. I told her she better learn soon and she's going to have to go through extensive testing with me before she can even touch my clutch

I will preface this by saying I don't have enough listening time under my belt, but my initial thoughts are the system isn't bad, but a little lackluster - particularly on the low's/bass. I have driven the car most of the time with no music as I prefer the engine noise which provides the vibe. I have a B&O system in my expedition platinum and it isn't great, but had a B&O system in my X5M which was the best system I have had in any car with the Bowers & Wilkins being a close second in a XJL.
That's about what I figured and probably how I'd describe the Bose system that I had in my V3.

I ordered an M5 in case my BW order falls through and spec'ed the Bowers & Wilkins system. I've heard some positive reviews of it.

You let others drive your BW?

Yep. Fortunately, I married a car gal. So it's actually going to be my wife's daily driver and I will get the weekend driving privileges.
I turned mine into one… kinda regretting teaching her to drive stick now!

Okay so how is the Sound System?
Only only played with it for a short time to these are just initial impressions. Sound quality is decent. It does get load but Bass is on the low side for my taste. Sound clarity is good so similar to my SS, I'm sure putting an after market subwoofer will do wonders.

Few issues/annoyances that I have found so far.
1) No album art is shown when playing music from BT or radio (unless XM/Android Auto etc)

2) Screen went blank couple of times. Music keeps playing and if I turn the volume it does show the bar but nothing else. Fixes itself in few seconds.

3) There are random bugs with wireless android auto. Sometimes it takes over the audio output so if you switch to radio, it would either keep switching back to BT audio or the volume will stuck and you are not able to increase it (even though on the screen it shows that it is increasing). Muting/Unmuting seems to fix the issue.

4) Tuning dial is useless most of the time. Wish it was just a button at the bottom instead of a dial.

5) Every time I start the car it keeps asking for my profile password. I'm sure there is a setting for it to fix so will have to look into it.

Only only played with it for a short time to these are just initial impressions. Sound quality is decent. It does get load but Bass is on the low side for my taste. Sound clarity is good so similar to my SS, I'm sure putting an after market subwoofer will do wonders.

1) No album art is shown when playing music from BT or radio (unless XM/Android Auto etc)

2) Screen went blank couple of times. Music keeps playing and if I turn the volume it does show the bar but nothing else. Fixes itself in few seconds.

3) There are random bugs with wireless android auto. Sometimes it takes over the audio output so if you switch to radio, it would either keep switching back to BT audio or the volume will stuck and you are not able to increase it (even though on the screen it shows that it is increasing). Muting/Unmuting seems to fix the issue.

4) Tuning dial is useless most of the time. Wish it was just a button at the bottom instead of a dial.

5) Every time I start the car it keeps asking for my profile password. I'm sure there is a setting for it to fix so will have to look into it.
If you have to keep entering your password, did they setup your infotainment or is it still in Demo/Pre-purchase mode?

I personally don’t have any of those minor issues. The only thing I noticed is when using apple carplay it cuts out for like half a sec every now and then.
Quality isn’t disappointing but expected a little more out of a 100k car

I personally don’t have any of those minor issues. The only thing I noticed is when using apple carplay it cuts out for like half a sec every now and then.
Quality isn’t disappointing but expected a little more out of a 100k car
My CarPlay did that when I first connected it. I redid the Bluetooth connection and since it had been solid. The sound is much fuller than my SS and for a stock system I am happy with it. Phone calls are very clear and the other end of call can hear me clearly when I’m speaking at a normal voice level.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back