Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

AKG Audio.......

AKG is decent, if you use good content.

Wireless Carplay is muddy (so don't listen on that, if you're an audiophile).
I think Wired CarPlay was better, but I can't get CarPlay to consistently run Wired (keeps switching to Wireless).

USB w/ 320Kbps MP3 sounds clean, but no Album Art and MetaData wrongly displays Album-Artist (instead of Song-Artist).
Chevy MyLink [Volt & Bolt] had USB Album Art & proper Song-Artist display, so hopefully an OTA Update fixes this.

Ultra-HD Streaming [Amazon Music, via Infotainments native Alexa app] sounded OK (but no Album Art either).
Other Streaming services w/ Ultra-HD quality should sound good also.

HD FM & XM aren't great (but it's less-bad than in other cars).
Tuner Signal Strength is very impressive, compared to cars of past.

Changing EQ settings only adds distortion.
I left it flat all the way across.

Really bummed about the Wireless Car Play sound quality.
I may need to figure out how to force Wired Mode.
Wondering if newer phones (than an SE 2020) work better via Wireless CP?
Also wondering if Wireless Android Auto might sound better?
Pretty similar experience as me. I have the ZFold3 (cannot get any more latest in Android world) and I experience the same issue as you. At first I thought it was just some setting issue so I played with equalizer settings on car and on my phone but cannot get good sound via wireless Android Auto). Also, still not sure what "Surround" setting does as I don't hear any difference.
I have not tried wired Android auto but will try and see how it goes but even if it works well I won't be using it much as I don't want a wiring running in the cabin.
FM HD/XM sound decent but lack of album art and interface weirdness and lack of customization is big bummer.
I seriously hope that OTA updates make thing better but going by GM's track record, I am not gonna hold my breath because unlike other companies they have never put much work in the audio system.

HD FM & XM aren't great (but it's less-bad than in other cars).
Tuner Signal Strength is very impressive, compared to cars of past.

Changing EQ settings only adds distortion.
I left it flat all the way across.

Really bummed about the Wireless Car Play sound quality.
I may need to figure out how to force Wired Mode.
Wondering if newer phones (than an SE 2020) work better via Wireless CP?
Also wondering if Wireless Android Auto might sound better?
Related to your comments, my wireless Android Auto seems to work just fine. I only used wireless CarPlay once so far but don't recall an issue.

On signal strength, we have a few cars and this is the first one that doesn't have SXM drop-outs at specific points due to hills/trees that the other do (I still get some but about 75% fewer and where I do get them they are shorter in duration now.)

Related to your comments, my wireless Android Auto seems to work just fine. I only used wireless CarPlay once so far but don't recall an issue.

On signal strength, we have a few cars and this is the first one that doesn't have SXM drop-outs at specific points due to hills/trees that the other do (I still get some but about 75% fewer and where I do get them they are shorter in duration now.)
I do not have connection issue with Android Auto either but how is the audio quality?

I do not have connection issue with Android Auto either but how is the audio quality?
As lunarx mentioned earlier, seems to vary depending on what music you throw at it. I thought it was OK for the music I listen to but had a friend in the car who is more of an audiophile. He had me play Superstition by Stevie Wonder and crank the volume to around 45% as a test. That's when I found the system was much more dynamic and has fairly tight bass (most of my music doesn't have much bass.) Ironically, I think the Bose system in the V3 has more bass (hard to believe with Bose...) but not necessarily better quality.

If you want to get the most out of your AKG system load Hi-Res audio files onto a USB stick. Using Wireless Car Play will not do it justice.

The AKG in my CT4-BW is better than my Bose in my ATS-V. The AKG provides deep enough lows without wanting to add a subwoofer immediately. Mid-range is also decent, where it falls short at is in the highs. However, this is where most car audio systems fail short at even home audio systems. Not a deal breaker to say the least but don't expect orchestra concert hall type of sound. For a stock car audio system it is up there on the high end and will be satisfactory for most listeners.

The settings came flat. I tweaked them to taste and it sounds really good and goes fairly loud. My SS I added an amp and sub but do not think I'll bother with this system. It sounds much better overall.

I’m not an audiophile however, I’m pretty particular. After tweaking the settings, I’m very happy with the sound via wireless car play. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Starting in iOS14, you can select Apple Music to use lossless versions. Makes a significant difference. If you already have a large library downloaded to your device, delete it and then re-download after selecting 'lossless'.

IMG_8042 (2).jpg
IMG_8043.jpg
IMG_8044 (2).PNG

Thank you found lossless, how do you delete and reload library. I just don’t want to loose all my music by not doing it correctly.

If you notice in the 2nd picture, there is a section called 'Downloads'. If you click on 'Downloaded Music' you can select what to delete there. You won't lose anything. Your playlists and library are unaffected, it's just if the songs are stored locally or streamed.

If you notice in the 2nd picture, there is a section called 'Downloads'. If you click on 'Downloaded Music' you can select what to delete there. You won't lose anything. Your playlists and library are unaffected, it's just if the songs are stored locally or streamed.
thank you, appreciate your help

does anyone know speaker sizes and locations in the CT5-V BW?
my car isn't here yet but I need to purchase my speakers and amps next week while I'm back at my dad's house because my buddy owns a shop up there.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Car audio is a strange topic. Cars are a notoriously tricky space to design for from an audio perspective, with odd dimensions, imperfect listening positions, and a whole bunch of varied ambient noise to account for. You also get a hodgepodge from equipment providers, with some really drilling down into the car audio space, some half-assing it, and others just licensing their brand name to other manufacturers. I had a Bang & Olufsen system in my S4 that I thought was wonderful, and a Harman Kardon system in my 340 that was a joke--both from the same parent company, but clearly built to wildly different specifications. I have a Fender-branded system in my Golf R right now that is apparently built by Panasonic, and actually sounds pretty decent. AKG is known for headphones and pro audio equipment (specifically microphones), and doesn't have much history in speakers or the automotive space beyond their current deal with Cadillac... so who knows. Hopefully it'll be good, but we'll see.

Audio equipment is my other money pit hobby, so it's a topic of interest for me, haha
I had a Bang & Olufsen system in my S4 as well and thought it was very good, better than the system in my S6.

How about a bit of feedback on this sound system from you guys and gals that have had yours a while now? I'm still waiting for mine (nine months today). Thanks.

You really have to crank up the volume on this thing to get it to sound good. The Bose on my CT5V was definitely better in the low range. I don’t listen to the music all that loud because I like to hear the exhaust noise 🤷🏻‍♂️

My 5 blackwing sound system sounds better than my 4 blackwing. Not sure if the speakers are smaller like most everything else in the car.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back