Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

AKG Audio.......

From 2017+ cars I’ve had. This AKG is one of the better sound systems I’ve had in a car lately. My z06 and zr1 both sucked (Bose), my f350 sucks (B&O). The huracán honestly was worse than any of them. I think those were B&O too, but I can’t remember.

you should be pleasantly surprised with the blackwing.

Here's a quick potential hint for some

I adjusted the audio settings Day1. Day 2 or 3, I got around to creating a driver profile. About a week later I realized all the equalizer settings were at neutral and realized why I wasn't quite so sure I liked the AKG setup. It's acceptable now, not sure it's that much better than the Bose setup I had in the V3 yet though.

Anybody found a way to customize the split home screen to show navigation from Android auto? By default it just shows built-in Nav.

Anybody found a way to customize the split home screen to show navigation from Android auto? By default it just shows built-in Nav.
CarPlay does it.... #iPhonesAreBetter
willem dafoe smile GIF

Not sure I understand. After I did the one-time Android hand-shake, all I see if Android navigation (or whatever Android app I've selected after I hit the Android Auto button on the home screen - same as CarPlay.)

Not sure I understand. After I did the one-time Android hand-shake, all I see if Android navigation (or whatever Android app I've selected after I hit the Android Auto button on the home screen - same as CarPlay.)
Will check. Might just be a user error.

This is the screen I'm referring to. I do not see a way to customize it (which is a bummer).

Attachments

• 20210909_201005.jpg
    20210909_201005.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 126
This is the screen I'm referring to. I do not see a way to customize it (which is a bummer).
How did you get the split screen set up? I've been looking for that feature since I got the car but for some reason wasn't able to find it.

How did you get the split screen set up? I've been looking for that feature since I got the car but for some reason wasn't able to find it.
Just click on Home.

That just brings me back to the home screen with all the icons? The manual doesn't mention anything about the split screen mode. What am I missing?

Click the home button again after going to the screen with all the icons

Click the home button again after going to the screen with all the icons
Found it, thanks! Would be nice if it was more customizable... Don't care for how it only shows the track title on SiriusXM and not the artist name. I'd gladly give up the redundant HVAC info at the top and the phone info at the bottom to get more media details.

Found it, thanks! Would be nice if it was more customizable... Don't care for how it only shows the track title on SiriusXM and not the artist name. I'd gladly give up the redundant HVAC info at the top and the phone info at the bottom to get more media details.
I seem to recall getting that data when I used the audio portion in the right hand corner of the DIM, not the entertainment screen.

AKG is decent, if you use good content.

Wireless Carplay is muddy (so don't listen on that, if you're an audiophile).
I think Wired CarPlay was better, but I can't get CarPlay to consistently run Wired (keeps switching to Wireless).

USB w/ 320Kbps MP3 sounds clean, but no Album Art and MetaData wrongly displays Album-Artist (instead of Song-Artist).
Chevy MyLink [Volt & Bolt] had USB Album Art & proper Song-Artist display, so hopefully an OTA Update fixes this.

Ultra-HD Streaming [Amazon Music, via Infotainments native Alexa app] sounded OK (but no Album Art either).
Other Streaming services w/ Ultra-HD quality should sound good also.

HD FM & XM aren't great (but it's less-bad than in other cars).
Tuner Signal Strength is very impressive, compared to cars of past.

Changing EQ settings only adds distortion.
I left it flat all the way across.

Really bummed about the Wireless Car Play sound quality.
I may need to figure out how to force Wired Mode.
Wondering if newer phones (than an SE 2020) work better via Wireless CP?
Also wondering if Wireless Android Auto might sound better?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back