Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

94 Used CT4-V Blackwings for sale

jsbwjm

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4-V Blackwing (ordered)
So I was just on Car Gurus tooling around a bit

There are 94 used 4BW’s for sale:
70 auto trans (1 2023) 74.5%
24 manuals 25.5%

There are 42 used 5BW’s for sale:
29 auto trans (4 are 2023) 69%
13 manuals (2 are 2023) 31%

Initially I was concerned that there were a high percentage of 4BW’s on the market meaning that buyers were dissatisfied, but now I’m more open minded. Especially considering that there are 1329 registered 4BW’s here.

The numbers definitely suggest that 5BW owners are more satisfied (1763 registered). The numbers also suggest that 6MT owners, either 4 or 5’s, were more satisfied than their auto trans counterparts. The one takeaway is that you’re going to have a hard time flipping your 4BW for profit.

Registered 4BW’s:
791 59.5% auto
538 40.5% 6MT
1329 total

Registered 5BW’s
993 56.3% auto
770 43.7%
1763 total

Definitely interested in others’ thoughts. I have no idea how these numbers stack up against other cars

Yeah I don’t think anyone with a 4BW can expect a profit especially with the auto. The 5BW is and will always be the unicorn of the two but I suspect the 4BW will hold its value in the six speed configuration similar to how Jeep wranglers and Toyota tundras used to. Love my 4BW and when I trade it in at some point I will expect a hit but not as bad as BMW or some of the other luxury vehicles.

unfortunately I think a lot of impatient CT5 BW buyers bought 4BWs to kill time until they could get a CT5 so that may add to some of the count and they were never really intending to keep the car. But mostly, given the current market correction - I suspect a lot of folks jumped out of these cars (many without a CT5 or alternative vehicle) because a car is a depreciating asset after all. I don't think all of the used market suggests they were dissatisfied...I think it suggests there were a lot of joy riders and people that were just...bored and looking to spend money/drive something fun for "free." Cheap money (low interest rates) plenty of time to sit at home and shop and taking advantage of a once in a lifetime market conditions. I should add, the "Blackwing Market" is not unique. There are plenty of lightly used Broncos, Corvettes, M3s, M4s, Trackhawks, Hellcats, and other niche/specialty vehicles...and there are A LOT more of those for sale than CT4 BWs for that matter. This is before taking into layoffs and financial situations that have changed for a lot of folks since purchasing new cars...

Last edited:
I think some of the 4 buyers were like me. Couldn't get an allocation for a 5, so bought a 4 instead. I thought I'd keep my 4 and order a 2024 5 and trade the 4. Lucky for me, a preowned 5 with almost no miles became available almost identical to my order and I traded my 4 for what I paid for it.

Prices are getting very attractive on 4's. Another $5-10K and I'd be tempted to buy another one as a daily driver.

I saw some of those used 6MT CT4BW listings and didn't see any bargains there. A few thousand off for a year less warranty and an unknown first owner care of the car. Warranties don't cover clutch wear.

Some of those 4's are preproduction vehicles, "Captured Test Fleet". They are "saleable" units. I wonder about warranty blocks and how hard they may have been used. Some were oddly equipped too.

I ponder what percent of ct4 and ct5 are listed at or near msrp for auto and manual. The ct4 BW seemed to be built in lower quantities than the ct5 BW. Over time with its smaller production count, maybe the ct4 BW will hold its value well? Guess we have to find out when caddy will stop making them. On the flip side, caddy just said they are spending $$$$ to build out the next gen v8. Maybe the BW isn’t the last v8 BW after all…

Some of those 4's are preproduction vehicles, "Captured Test Fleet". They are "saleable" units. I wonder about warranty blocks and how hard they may have been used. Some were oddly equipped too.
Oh, that explains the low mileage. I was wondering why so many people would trade so quickly, unless they really hated the car.

I think some of the 4 buyers were like me. Couldn't get an allocation for a 5, so bought a 4 instead.
I am one of them, but I was trying to a non-Blackwing 5V and happened upon an in-stock 4BW in the color combo I wanted.

I think you would need to know if the BW registrations are a representative sample of the total BW production before you could draw any meaningful conclusions from the Car Gurus data.

Being the cheaper of the two, the 4BW is accessible to more people so totally plausible that there would be more of them in the world. Explaining the higher number of 5BW registrations might be due to the fact that they are harder to get and most of them end up on the tracker and eventually in the registry. That would be my first pass at the data.

I would agree that the 6M is more desirable and the data appears to support that. #savethemanuals

A couple thoughts. 1) Those numbers don't align with the production figures here, which has 2022 4BW production at 1664 and 5BW production at 1791. 2) The number of cars listed for sale is only a point-in-time snapshot and doesn't account for throughput over a longer time period.

All I got from reading the first post is that manuals are better...

grand theft auto art GIF

Please explain,^^^^ based on the statistical #'s posted? Me personally, I agree the Unicorn 5BW 6M is the shit! If I could, I would have sought it out and bought one some way somehow. My conditions did not allow long term enjoyment I fear for me. What option sold more and why^^^^? Limited production #'s, are cars not options correct? The trick here is the A10 is a paid extra option? 6M is not. We had the tranny debate, why are the stats not pointed in that direction (6M more sold) just a debate again? I'm not trying to step on anything, I'm an owner too. Please reconcile?

Desirable by definition, pls see.

I wouldn’t put too much stock in the number of used vehicles being representative of dissatisfaction.

For the most part dealer stock orders are always automatics. Dealers stock ordered more 4s than 5s. During the crazy times we had last year it was not uncommon for dealers to offer me a chance to buy a random automatic they got in while I waited for my order to come in.

Unfortunately there were flippers in the market and some dealers were putting miles on cars so they could sell them at the inflated used market prices while claiming they always sell at msrp.

All it really shows is there are 100 or so used Blackwings on the market. Which is still relatively speaking extremely few.

Appreciated input @ClassaxV , the #'s posted ^^^^ lack reasoning in my opine? Of what we know.

What's that have to do with anything^^^^Seriously, you gotta pull the tranny debate back in it? Apples and Oranges....Vette productions #'s aren't even close. Also, it's a different product altogether? Read post 13 again if you like.

The 5BW 6M has been anointed by far smarter folks than I. And I agree. Thats why I asked why the #'s point they way the do?

You ready, my opinion. The answer is bottom line $$$ and profit....

What's that have to do with anything^^^^Seriously, you gotta pull the tranny debate back in it? Apples and Oranges....Vette productions #'s aren't even close. Also, it's a different product altogether? Read post 13 again if you like.

The 5BW 6M has been anointed by far smarter folks than I. And I agree. Thats why I asked why the #'s point they way the do?

If you look at the registry, the overwhelming number of stock orders were fully loaded automatics. The inverse is true for the sale orders with a little more than 61٪ being manuals.

The 4s were stocked ordered and often picked up as interim cars by people awaiting custom orders. Why because at $75k they were more accessible.

The BW used market looks nothing like the used C8 market. C8s were 89% sold orders in 22 compared to the near 70 60 splits for 5s and 4s respectively. Before that nearly every c8 was sold before production.

The last two years saw a lot of flipping, way more across a wider spectrum than I've ever seen in over 30 years.

So yes of the almost 150 or so BWs on the market the vast majority are automatics which makes sense seeing they are marketed as niche performance model . The majority of enthusiasts buyers I would think would prefer the manual.

Let's us not for get the shockingly high number of buyers on this board alone who apparently order the latest and greatest of everything to drive a few 6 months or so until the next thing comes along.

So yeah A) the initial take rate for the manual on these cars are very high. B)stock orders which were nearly all automatics seem to be winding up on the used lots very quickly. C) Thank you @Rob for creating a registry that we can track down the history of these cars . And finally D) drive then if you got em because resale trends are too volatile at present to be indicative the key factor on whether to hold on to one or not.

I think he was making a joke, all C8s are DCTs.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back