Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

4BW Front Plate Mounting

sethsquire

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4-V Blackwing
I'm picking up my 4BW tomorrow and my sales guy was nice enough to email me and ask if I wanted them to install the front plate bracket. I hadn't considered it before, and the car is going to get PPF'd in the front so I told him no. Has anyone figured out an acceptable mounting solution for a front plate on a 4 which doesn't mess with the parking sensors or involve drilling the bumper? I'll drill if I have to but I'd rather avoid it

Tow hook mount or even the windshield suction cup approach might be options.

I'm picking up my 4BW tomorrow and my sales guy was nice enough to email me and ask if I wanted them to install the front plate bracket. I hadn't considered it before, and the car is going to get PPF'd in the front so I told him no. Has anyone figured out an acceptable mounting solution for a front plate on a 4 which doesn't mess with the parking sensors or involve drilling the bumper? I'll drill if I have to but I'd rather avoid it
I'll be in the same position as you someday and I have the same questions. There have been a few threads on the subject here but so far I have yet to see an actual front plate mounted on an actual 4BW.

IMO the windshield suction cup mount looks totally ghetto...I'd rather drill the bumper.

Other threads:

I'll be in the same position as you someday and I have the same questions. There have been a few threads on the subject here but so far I have yet to see an actual front plate mounted on an actual 4BW.

IMO the windshield suction cup mount looks totally ghetto...I'd rather drill the bumper.

Other threads:

I saw the threads but no actual solutions. Agreed on the windshield mount, and I don't even think that's legal in NY. Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and drill it once the PPF gets put on, I didn't even care until the salesman mentioned it as an option.

I ordered this one from CravenSpeed for my -4BW but haven't installed it yet (still waiting on my front plate).

I think it fits in the lower grille, but will update this post when I actually go for the install and have my plates.

I assume it may have some impact on cooling but the plate part is just one bolt so I'll take it off before any trackday.

I ordered this one from CravenSpeed for my -4BW but haven't installed it yet (still waiting on my front plate).

I think it fits in the lower grille, but will update this post when I actually go for the install and have my plates.

I assume it may have some impact on cooling but the plate part is just one bolt so I'll take it off before any trackday.

Thanks Matt, let us know how it goes!

Isn't the grill pattern different on the BW5 vs the regular 5V?

IMG_20220414_092705_418.jpg

Update: Goddamn, what a titanic pain in the ass I'm having mounting this bracket. I got the bracket on and it didn't trip the parking sensors, so I figured I was winning at life. As soon as I put the frame and plate on the sensors freak out, particular the outboard one on the edge of the bumper nearest the plate. After much cursing and fighting, I may have gotten it to work sans the bracket, but I won't know for sure until I drive it tomorrow.

If there's some secret I'm missing here I sure as hell don't know what it is. It looks like the plate is within a few inches of the inboard sensor, and that one seems to be fine but the other one is freaking out. Ugh....

I had a platypus on the front of my s6. So many 'it's ugly' comments plus if not set perfectly it would set off front sensors... so I removed it and never had an issue.

I ha
I had a platypus on the front of my s6. So many 'it's ugly' comments plus if not set perfectly it would set off front sensors... so I removed it and never had an issue.
I had a Platypus for my M2C - so I could drive it off the lot (as a front plate is 'mandatory' in CA) and it worked great. Dif cars will be better suited for it ofc.

I did take it off though and was never hassles about missing the front plate. Good to keep it in the trunk incase some dumb cop raises a stink though and can say ya I took it off to wash the car let me put it back on 🙃

Just get a suction cup frame for your windshield. It’s easier

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners