Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

My wife had a 2018 Macan GTS. We loved it but traded it this past July for a new Escalade. We had our first child at the end of 2021 and the Macan, baby, baby stuff and dog just was not working. We both miss it a lot. She loves the Escalade but it's a different machine than the Macan was. The Macan can do things you just don't expect an SUV/CUV to do. The gas pedal can be changed with a pedal commander if it really bothers you/her. The carmine red paint is beautiful. The Macan does run a staggered wheel/tire setup FYI. It's not a big deal but limits tire rotations to side by side or not at all depending what tires you run. The new engines are Audi engines so the oil leaks issues that some of the first gen's had should be of no concern. I'd get sport + because the launch control is fun.

The Stelvio suggestion is also worth test driving. We have an Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio that I bought when it looked like I would never get a Blackwing. I had my wife drive it for a week while I detailed her Escalade when it arrived and she decided to keep it for her summer car. I had a Stelvio loaner for a day and didn't get to push it much but it wasn't a bad place to be. For the Macan GTS price a Quadrifoglio model would be the direct competitor. Alfa also has some beautiful red paint colors.

Both the GTS and Quadrifoglio make some great noises as well. Obviously they are no LT4 but they have some nice sounds for turbo sixes.

I believe the Genesis CUV thing is supposed to be highly rated as well.

View attachment 16405

The Macan GTS is above excellent, for me the Genesis GV70 Sport Plus or the GV80 Sport Plus are the only SUVs I would drive. They check every box, price included. If I wanted something huge, Escalade no question!

The Macan is fantastic at a certain price point, specifically a base model with under 10k in options.

IMO on Porsches, if you are conservative with the options then it's a competitive offering. It can really get out of control and then you might as well go with something else or step down in models. If you're willing to pony up the cash for a GTS that's the sweet spot. It has all the good options already and it's way cheaper than building a macan S out in that spec. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it, across all models Porsche is the most reliable German brand, but not the most expensive to fix either.

I have owned a 2010 Cayman for about 9 years now and I typically get these as loaners.

The last base model I had for about 2 weeks and I was very impressed with it from all aspects other then it's cargo capacity.

For starters, it has the PDK transmission which is fantastic! The shifts are crisp for when you want it and it's very intuitive. It's also smooth when you want it to be. Even the base model with 260 hp runs a 14.2 1/4 mi...Not bad. The GTS runs a 13.2 for comparison.

The base 2.0L turbo engine is retuned VW engine that is referred to as the EA888. It's a mass produced engine they throw in audis VW, and the macan. I have had experience with in my 2012 VW CC with an APR stage II tune. It has it's corks ( timing chain tensioner, water pump, and it's DI with no port injection so you'll have to pull the manifold every 4 years 50k and manually clean it or pay $750. It's been around for 10 years and I think they have revised several parts so it should be just as reliable as anything out there.

The tech is awesome, the screens are intuitive and it makes it all more livable.

The handling department is beyond what I expected and I think you'll be blown away at it's capabilities, considering how well it rides. That is speaking from the standard non psam suspension.

In a year or so they'll be an EV only macan so you know that the base model EV will be on par with a current GTS in straight line performance.

Do you plan to keep this car outside of a warranty? If so, either get an extended warranty to however long you want to keep it/mi or consider a BMW X3m40i because you won't have issues with the b58 engine.

You could also look at a SQ5 as it's cheaper than a GTS, better ride and more cargo space than a Macan.

I'd really consider a Durango hellcat or a trackhawk at GTS Pricing around mid 80s. That's the badass SUV.

I wouldn't ignore an Audi RS products either. Audi sport model lean more towards comfort then performance. They aren't stiff like BMW M products but they provide 85% of the performance and if its your wife's vehicle she won't care or notice the performance difference but will notice the better ride quality.

However Audi doesn't sell an RS Q5 which would compete directly against the GTS or X3 M but the SQ5 competes with the X3 M40i and Macan S.

Make sure you test drive it as I've read it's a harsh ride. The S58 engine is a monster though and I'm sure it's a blast. May not be comfy enough for your wife though.
Steve...please do NOT ignore this comment from @quikag .

I LOVE all the colors combinations in the M-series cars. I was more than ready to get out of my BMW 3-series wagon...and during a test drive of less than 10 blocks the X3M Competition was NOT for me all BECAUSE of the ride tuning. Absolutely STUPID HARSH.

Steve...please do NOT ignore this comment from @quikag .

I LOVE all the colors combinations in the M-series cars. I was more than ready to get out of my BMW 3-series wagon...and during a test drive of less than 10 blocks the X3M Competition was NOT for me all BECAUSE of the ride tuning. Absolutely STUPID HARSH.
That is pretty much what every reviewer said too, but was it that unbearable on the softest setting?

If so, that's kinda where I don't quite get the Sport SUV, esp if you have a sports car already. There's a line that's crossed just for the sake of it, the law of diminishing returns. These are primarily used on the street so why punish yourself. It's like using a big screwdriver to hammer a nail in, sure it will get the job done.

Steve where are you potentially buying from? I've had great experience with Park Place Porsche in Dallas (Jared). I've gotten 3 911s (the last just yesterday - yes traded the BW) and a Cayenne from them. I drove the Macan and really liked the drive it was just a tad too small for me. The Cayenne, E-hybrid, was a fun SUV but did not handle as good as the Macan.

WRT to the pre-facelift option. I actually like the new dash and not all those buttons.

The M SUV from BMW is very nice and I think potentially a better buy then a Macan.

As with all Porsche's everything costs and if you spec it out the way you like it will be a pretty penny but they are oh so fun to drive.

Piling on to the CPO route, the two years unlimited miles that Porsche offers is quite nice.

Another fun SUV was my Audi Q8. Great ride but expensive. I have a friend that has a SQ5 and that is a blast to drive as well.

My wife recently got a new SUV. Her top requirement was it had to be purple which restricts options to only a few models. The Macan is available on a purple but it was more than she wanted to spend. She got an MDX (I'd preferred the Type S but it doesn't come in their purple) and is very happy with it. From order to delivery was about two months, though that might have something to do with them being built about 20 minutes from our home.

I need some opinions on Porsche, and the Macan GTS in particular. It's time for my wife to get a new vehicle and she wants a small type SUV, and we were looking to get the 2024 XT4 Cadillac but now we are not so sure... I want her to have something she will enjoy driving and is bad to the bone, and something I can afford...

Any opinions will be helpful, thanks!
porsche-model.png
Good friend of mine just got his wife one. They love it.

If an XT4 makes her happy thats great, it will also make your wallet happy as well vs a GTS or X3 M

He actually drives a 2023 911 TTS, white with a drop top, so I don’t know if that’s correct

I took it as a sign from god to not sell my 4BW... My wife kept asking me are you sure, lol... She decided the car she wants now, and I have to figure out how to pay for it....
Finding the right car is a big win, I'm really glad you both like it. I'm a picky SOB and it won me over. I wasn't trying to talk you out of the GTS earlier, but the base is so good on its own. You have to fiddle around with the options to see if it makes more sense to get an S if the options you want are standard.

Try Park Place. They really did me right on my 5BW.

I second that, buddy of mine bought his Lexus from Park Place and he had good things to say about them. Sometimes dealers don't know how to move specialty cars like the BW or it's not the right fit for their lot. It would not hurt to get a second opinion, a dealer who might be more hungry to sell.

I'd hop on to CarMax, shift & carvana.com to see what they'll give you, would take 5 mins of your time. You might be able to take those quotes to the actual place you want to buy and try to get them to match or beat their trade in offer.

Right on! Color is a big deal, ordering an XT4 in black would be a real nail biter.

The white paint on my Cayman is hard as a rock, when I paint corrected it i had to use some pretty aggressive pads and cutting compounds. They are easy to work on, although you may need to buy special bits and sockets every now and then. But you can't have enough tools.

The Macan GTS is solid. My wife had one for a couple years, traded it for Cayenne GTS. Fun to drive, vault solid, great car. No regrets, highly recommend!!!

You guys had some great advise and the base model will work for her the best.. She said that getting the GTS was not what she really wanted... When we do order I'm going base with a few options she wants.. I have to have a Porsche now!

I may call Park Place just to talk for sure because some of the things at the Plano dealer I did not like..

After looking at Porsche I now realize what you guys are talking about with a quality car with fit and finish, paint condition, and seat comfort/quality...

The black Macan had zero problems with the paint, and I looked it over for 15 mins. All the body panels were perfect and the interior was exquisite.. should seriously consider EV options and my recommendation would be a Tesla dual motor / Performance.
I know this is not going to be popular here, but have you considered any EV options? Plenty out there, but my recommendation would be a Tesla Model Y Dual Motor / Performance in the price range. I know most folks here are not fans of Tesla or anything EV, but just take the time and test drive one and make your own decision. I've had a few base Macan or Panamera loaners in the past, and they will drive you crazy if you are a car enthusiast which you obviously are. Now, BMW X3M Competition or Macan GTS are on a different level but if it seems you're ruled them out. Having said that, I'd still get a nice EV daily driver over both of those high performance SUVs.

I know this is not going to be popular here, but have you considered any EV options? Plenty out there, but my recommendation would be a Tesla Model Y Dual Motor / Performance in the price range. I know most folks here are not fans of Tesla or anything EV, but just take the time and test drive one and make your own decision. I've had a few base Macan or Panamera loaners in the past, and they will drive you crazy if you are a car enthusiast which you obviously are. Now, BMW X3M Competition or Macan GTS are on a different level but if it seems you're ruled them out. Having said that, I'd still get a nice EV daily driver over both of those high performance SUVs.

Tall Steve feels about EVs the same way he feels about prostitutes, however maybe things are different if it's a shared experience with the wife.

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

Good memory recall, and your right! And you were also right about getting a GTS (husbands want), my wife does not really want one, but I talked to another dealer today and I will probably go all in at the end of the year...... GTS loaded.....

Will the CT4 blackwing survive or will it be sacrificed at the Porsche altar?

@Tall Steve did they have a Macan T available for a test drive? If you are ordering later that might be a configuration worth looking at. It's got the base engine but with a bunch of GTS like extras (I think handling and suspense), so could be a good option. My wife has an older 2018 Macan GTS and loves it

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back