Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

'23 model year colors

Cadillac's color palette displays are just awful, they really give you no legit chance at knowing what the color is like in the wild.
Do they really not have the colors on a panel (if not the whole car) somewhere they could upload high-res images to their site, instead of these wonky renderings.

Cadillac's color palette displays are just awful, they really give you no legit chance at knowing what the color is like in the wild.
Do they really not have the colors on a panel (if not the whole car) somewhere they could upload high-res images to their site, instead of these wonky renderings.
That takes the surprise out of it.:happyanim:

The issue is that it is very illumination dependent. My Shadow Metallic looks very dark gray under bright light, but looks very blue under lower lighting. I love the color and bought the car without ever seeing it in person.

No, I'm not playing, and would like to see a lime green or purple.....
The Mopar folks enjoy a broad color palette.

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 1.44.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 1.44.57 PM.png

Kind of wish GM had individual color options available. Been checking out a few picture threads over on bimmerpost and this dude's M3 is the color I'd go for on a BW if given the option... Twilight Purple
1663264295625.png

That and I've always like Java green as well.

From certain angles that new Stang looks just like a Camaro.

From certain angles that new Stang looks just like a Camaro.
Probably on purpose to draw some of the Camaro base while the Camaro program sunsets.

Speaking of color. Just saw this in the parking lot.

464B0469-E793-4E30-AE76-A17F3566F02A.jpeg

Probably on purpose to draw some of the Camaro base while the Camaro program sunsets.
That would make sense if Camaro was eating the Stang's lunch, but Camaro has such a smaller sales base...

That would make sense if Camaro was eating the Stang's lunch, but Camaro has such a smaller sales base...

True, it is still crazy to think that both the Dodge and Chevy muscle cars are done in a year or so. I guess Ford will have the only V8 muscle car with a manual transmission. Even our beloved Blackwings will be gone...

The new Mustang images do help paint a better picture for MSM. Outside of the "look at me" colors, the options are pretty disappointing for the '23 model year (said with an understanding that this is highly subjective topic).

Last edited:
I do like when manufacturers do a special color for one year only.
Subaru was doing that for their WRXs early on, and occasionally after.
Chevy did that on the Green on the 2020 Camaro, etc.
More options are always better than less.

I do like when manufacturers do a special color for one year only.
Subaru was doing that for their WRXs early on, and occasionally after.
Chevy did that on the Green on the 2020 Camaro, etc.
More options are always better than less.
Currently driving a 2020 Series.White WRX. To most it’s just a white car, but as a special shade it’s unique. Comes with some other goodies that weren’t offered on a non-STI before it’s release. I’ve loved it but it’ll be getting sold if my 5BW order gets picked up.

Currently driving a 2020 Series.White WRX. ...I’ve loved it but it’ll be getting sold if my 5BW order gets picked up.

Damn. I thought I was taking a big step up by going from an '18 STI Limited to a 4BW. You going from a WRX to a 5BW dwarfs that!

Doesn't really count because I traded my 911 for it to get into something cheap while waiting, but I'll be ditching my Crosstrek Limited when I get my 4BW.

Damn. I thought I was taking a big step up by going from an '18 STI Limited to a 4BW. You going from a WRX to a 5BW dwarfs that!
The WRX was a unique opportunity during Covid to get a deal on a car I knew would go up in value if I treated it right. Kept the miles low knowing one day I want to upgrade to something with more power. Hopefully it works out!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back