Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V .

CT5-V Model
And since I know nothing about the V8 in the 5BW, it isn't the usual Direct injection tick is it?

Sounds like lifters ticking. Either that or you have a slight miss.

And since I know nothing about the V8 in the 5BW, it isn't the usual Direct injection tick is it?
Nope, was much louder. Thinking maybe improper oil or something from dealer that sold it to me. 🤞🏼

Just spent 30 mins searching what oil I could buy locally, looks like Mobil 1 European 0w40, but not sure if that is dexos ii rated, mobil website is clear as mud 😤

I just ended up ordering the super car 0W-40 from Walmart and it'll be here Thursday, nobody nearby had this formula and the European stuff didn't seem to meet the proper standard.

tmp.gif

Just changed the oil in the '24 5BW. Took 9 quarts of 0w40 Supercar. Oil level shows just below middle on the dipstick after sitting for 10 minutes after engine is at temp.

I concur that it sounds like a lifter, which is probably good news (compared to a spun bearing). And it's very likely that a correct oil change will fix it. If not, hey, it's under warranty, and won't require a total tear-down or engine replacement.

I believe that I got my special Euro-whatever Mobil one from Amazon. I don't do Wal-Mart.

I concur that it sounds like a lifter, which is probably good news (compared to a spun bearing). And it's very likely that a correct oil change will fix it. If not, hey, it's under warranty, and won't require a total tear-down or engine replacement.

I believe that I got my special Euro-whatever Mobil one from Amazon. I don't do Wal-Mart.
Walmart sells almost as much stuff as Amazon, same Super Car formula, but could get it here more quickly.

This has been discussed before, but isn't "Euro" the wrong stuff? I know they changed the name, only adding to all the confusion, but I thought it was "ESP", later changed to "Supercar"? It has to have "Dexos" on the label.

This has been discussed before, but isn't "Euro" the wrong stuff? I know they changed the name, only adding to all the confusion, but I thought it was "ESP", later changed to "Supercar"? It has to have "Dexos" on the label.
Yes, European is not dexos 2, but ESP or SuperCar, they need a new marketing team at Mobil

You sure it's not the evap purge regulator clicking? They are up by the throttlebody, will intermittently click at idle, and can be unnervingly loud.

You sure it's not the evap purge regulator clicking? They are up by the throttlebody, will intermittently click at idle, and can be unnervingly loud.
I don't know about that, I used a long screwdriver like a stethoscope to the head and it sounded like it was right in there. Was quite loud.

Ah yes, I believe that you are correct, it is ESP. I just knew that I couldn't find it at a decent price, or in stock, at the usual places, so I ordered it through Amazon.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back