Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V .

CT5-V Model
I don't know much about cars but that doesn't sound like lifters or fuel injectors.

Strange that it seems to be only the manual engines having issues, I know they’re built with different components, but I have yet to hear an automatic going down?

Watch this short video. I feel 90% like it is a lifter ticking, and the weird thing is that about once a minute it goes away for a few seconds and then comes back, as you can hear in the video.

Just took it for a 10 minute drive and it's gone (for now). 🤷🏻

Sounds like a rod knocking, due to spun bearing failure. Take it to the dealer.
Doesn't sound at all like a rod knock, its a ticking lifter. Rod bearing failure comes from the bottom and is a heavy metal to metal knock and sometimes isn't consistent, meaning it sometimes it isn't present at idle for instance.

Are you 100% sure the dealer used the correct oil? I usually go back to the last thing that changed and start there. I'd either learn to do the change myself or find a good independent shop that you trust for things like oil changes.

Are you 100% sure the dealer used the correct oil? I usually go back to the last thing that changed and start there. I'd either learn to do the change myself or find a good independent shop that you trust for things like oil changes.
No idea, changed before purchase. Thinking it's time for a change though

If it’s rod knock there would be fluctuation in your oil pressure, I know from experience on other motors!

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners