Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2025 5BW updates

For those that don't like the bolted on center tablet design language prior to the refresh, the mega-screen is a big curved tablet attached to the dash. It's not model 3 bad, but there is very little integration when viewed from the side and front. I'd bet its a net cost savings over the pre-refresh design.

I think some of you suffer from my newly made up diagnosis: fascia-minutia syndrome. If you think the M3 grill is ghastly, you don't have it. But if you think the difference between the two BW fascias is dramatic, then you do have it.

Interestingly they kept the same tiny door mirrors. The prototypes were running the larger CT4 mirrors but the 5 kept the tiny ones.

Am I the only one bothered by the split up hood? Why can't it be just one piece down to the top of the grill? Was hoping the refresh would fix that visual flaw. Once seen/noticed, it can't be unseen.
View attachment 23830
Funny, I never noticed this until the new front end. I had to go online and look at pics of the ā€œoldā€ 5 and then in the garage to check my 4. šŸ˜‚

The new update makes it look kind of robotic, like a transformer.

The OG headlights give me more of a wing design, that flows more cohesively with the overall language. Especially with the Bird moniker.

New PDR is cool. Huge screen Iā€™m sure will be nice probably. Just good to see they are still making these for a little bit longer. OG design or new, these things really are special, we all know it.

Cheers

I am :)

The 5BW is long gone, so is the Escalade V that replaced it (I can't tell you what I'm dding now cause @Rob will ban me) ... was really hoping for Caddy to give me a good reason to get another one with the refresh. šŸ«¤
Oh my too good for the commoner!

I am happy with the new style headlights . I always did prefer that they had the same driving light "boomerang" look of the CT4's. I am on the fence about the bigger dash display. I do regret not getting the PDR in my 22". My 22 only has 4100 miles on it it 2 years and if I were to trade it in for a 2025 upgrade , I'm sure it would be a at least $25k hit between depreciation and the newer MSRP pricing.
With that said, I will keep my 2022 5BW.
***I remember my Dad would buy the newer designed headlight bezels and grills and keep his 1982 Cadillac Brougham looking newer each year.

Iā€™m not sure what you mean.

Iā€˜m currently dailying an MS Plaid ā€¦ which is a bannable offence around these here parts. :(

I do miss rowing gears tho.
Thereā€™ll always be a seat at the table for you here.

Iā€™m not sure what you mean.

Iā€˜m currently dailying an MS Plaid ā€¦ which is a bannable offence around these here parts. :(

I do miss rowing gears tho.
Just joking since hadnā€™t heard a peep from you in quite some time, just leaving your town great place.

I gotta admit...I'm not at all like (in thinking) many of you car guys in this forum (and not just in this forum). When I'm happy with a car...well I'm happy with it. I've never lusted for or wished for a face lifted or even totally revised edition (even if demonstrably better). I just like and enjoy what i have and I keep it until the wheels fall off

Even when the 2nd gen turbo MR2 replaced the 1st gen I had - and was clearly a better car in almost every way...no thought or interest to trade it in or such - I just absolutely loved mine and driving it...no thought ever of replacing it (until increasing maintenance issues and a growing family and wife telling me to get rid of it and so forth...). Of course now I absolutely lust after the 2nd gen MR2...such a magnificent car....but unlikely I will ever buy or own one (shame...but I'm no mechanic).

Not knocking anyone here....I'm clearly in the minority and I get that and am used to that....just a different mindset. That being said its hard for me to imagine having to have the 2025 5 BW when one already has a prior version. Just doesn't seem different or better enough...but hey...new things are fun and cool....I get that.

I'd probably still own (nearly) all the cars I've ever had if it was entirely up to me...
I am more in your boat and probably even worse. I would much rather have a Marauder, Deville, Oldsmobile etc. etc. but that's me!

Found this, there's a short video on there too...
1000008857.jpg

Cadillac came in 2nd place (also known as first loser by Ricky Bobby) at 24 Hours of Daytona today. They were 2 seconds behind Porsche, which last won in 1969. Cadillac only brought 2 out of the 3 cars . The Yellow one failed earlier in the race. It sucks that you race for 24 hours straight and only lose by 2 seconds and you had the fastest lap car there. Just shows that it comes down to the skill of the driver and not always the horsepower.

Attachments

• Cadillac-V-Series.R-Race-Car-Lineup-Press-Photos-Exterior-001-760x500.jpeg
    Cadillac-V-Series.R-Race-Car-Lineup-Press-Photos-Exterior-001-760x500.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 42
Cadillac came in 2nd place (also known as first loser by Ricky Bobby) at 24 Hours of Daytona today. They were 2 seconds behind Porsche, which last won in 1969. Cadillac only brought 2 out of the 3 cars . The Yellow one failed earlier in the race. It sucks that you race for 24 hours straight and only lose by 2 seconds and you had the fastest lap car there. Just shows that it comes down to the skill of the driver and not always the horsepower.
brutal race on cars and drivers. I don't envy..

I wonder how much longer they are going to make the CT5V blackwing?

I think I need a 2025 when it can be ordered.

D.

Pretty sure the 10 year parts thing is a myth. At best, it's the warranty period.
I worked for Tier 1 suppliers to OEM's for many years. It's been a few years since I checked, but GM used to require us to make service parts for a given vehicle platform available for a minimum of 5 years after said platform ended production. Other OEM's have similar requirements.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back