Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2025 5BW updates

Found this, there's a short video on there too...
View attachment 23866
I was at the Rolex 24. I saw the cars pictured above in person -- there were two of them parked side by side with 2024's. The differences in the '25 exterior weren't very noticeable to me except for the one piece vertical LED's . I thought that the new instrument panel screens blend in pretty well with the dash. The look reminded me a lot of a current Escalade.

I worked for Tier 1 suppliers to OEM's for many years. It's been a few years since I checked, but GM used to require us to make service parts for a given vehicle platform available for a minimum of 5 years after said platform ended production. Other OEM's have similar requirements.
Sure. It's definitely in their best interest to do so, but they aren't required to by any law.

I worked for Tier 1 suppliers to OEM's for many years. It's been a few years since I checked, but GM used to require us to make service parts for a given vehicle platform available for a minimum of 5 years after said platform ended production. Other OEM's have similar requirements.
Growing up in the late 60s and 70s an Uncle of mine used to have a fat wheeled off trail motorcycle from the 1950s that was made for hunters to go through woods and underbrush called a Tote Goat. We had awesome fun up in the woods of Northwestern PA for years and years. Well...no parts made for it or available...he machined his own....not a modern car by any stretch but i always thought it was pretty cool...didn't need any road or trail...would climb over logs...sad to see him sell it (mid 80s or so)....

Well I am glad I waited! I may be alone, but I think the look is an improvement. The three new colors looks great. Hard to really know what they actually look like until seeing in person, but I actually like all three. Will have a big decision to make. When do you think Cadillac will open up the ordering portal for these?

Well I am glad I waited! I may be alone, but I think the look is an improvement. The three new colors looks great. Hard to really know what they actually look like until seeing in person, but I actually like all three. Will have a big decision to make. When do you think Cadillac will open up the ordering portal for these?
Likely will be May.

Looking at those new colors.......I find myself wanting to like the Typhoon Metallic, but a "turquoise" is usually not my thing. Has anyone actually seen the Typhoon color? How "green" is it? It's hard to put any stock in these tiny swatches on a computer screen. If the Typhoon is too turquoise, I may actually go for the "Drift Metallic". I wonder how black or blue "Deep Space Metallic" actually is. At the end of the day, I'll probably have to walk a Cadillac lot and try to see these colors in real time before making a commitment. I'll likely have this car for a long long time, and I certainly don't want the color selection to be a swing and a miss for me.

Looking at those new colors.......I find myself wanting to like the Typhoon Metallic, but a "turquoise" is usually not my thing. Has anyone actually seen the Typhoon color? How "green" is it? It's hard to put any stock in these tiny swatches on a computer screen. If the Typhoon is too turquoise, I may actually go for the "Drift Metallic". I wonder how black or blue "Deep Space Metallic" actually is. At the end of the day, I'll probably have to walk a Cadillac lot and try to see these colors in real time before making a commitment. I'll likely have this car for a long long time, and I certainly don't want the color selection to be a swing and a miss for me.
Totally agree with your thought process as I tend to address car colors the same way... but on the other hand, I've always loved every color on my car-->even the ones that didn't turn out how I thought they would...grew on me and became a part of me. Hoping the same for you.

I’ve had to order colors on a couple cars without seeing them in person…you have to get an order in the system in order to have a chance at an allocation at your dealer. You’re not likely to see typhoon or drift soon at a nearby dealer. For me, having an order in the system early last summer helped me to get an allocation as many people in line had not updated their order for the next model year and some new colors were produced right away.

I’ve had to order colors on a couple cars without seeing them in person…you have to get an order in the system in order to have a chance at an allocation at your dealer. You’re not likely to see typhoon or drift soon at a nearby dealer. For me, having an order in the system early last summer helped me to get an allocation as many people in line had not updated their order for the next model year and some new colors were produced right away.
Gotcha, well I am absolutely determined to get a '25 and have been reaching out to the dealer at least monthly for quite some time now to make sure I am top of mind and not forgotten. I am hell bent on getting an allocation. I decided to pass on the '24 and have waited this long........so if it means ordering halfway blind on a color, then so be it. Would likely be Drift at this point.

Gotcha, well I am absolutely determined to get a '25 and have been reaching out to the dealer at least monthly for quite some time now to make sure I am top of mind and not forgotten. I am hell bent on getting an allocation. I decided to pass on the '24 and have waited this long........so if it means ordering halfway blind on a color, then so be it. Would likely be Drift at this point.
Make sure you are working with a high volume blackwing dealer…I ordered one out of state for that reason. I’m still partial to the ‘22-24 as that’s what I own…if I had to order a ‘25 I’d probably get black to mask some of the distracting lines I find in the new front end. Good luck! Drift is definitely a cool color.

Make sure you are working with a high volume blackwing dealer…I ordered one out of state for that reason. I’m still partial to the ‘22-24 as that’s what I own…if I had to order a ‘25 I’d probably get black to mask some of the distracting lines I find in the new front end. Good luck! Drift is definitely a cool color.
For sure! I too am working with a dealer out of state that is frequently mentioned around here. They certainly are a high volume blackwing dealer. They are confident I will get one (salesman). The question will be, do I fly out and drive it home (approx 900 miles) or do I have it shipped?

For sure! I too am working with a dealer out of state that is frequently mentioned around here. They certainly are a high volume blackwing dealer. They are confident I will get one (salesman). The question will be, do I fly out and drive it home (approx 900 miles) or do I have it shipped?
Drive it home and you'll be finished with the unofficial normal driving break-in period with plenty of miles to really enjoy it. Don't forget to take a picture of the tach when the red line changes!

(Official total break-in is 1500 miles... and I believe it may be a touch longer for track use (due to other components besides the engine)).

I finally got confirmation today from the dealer that I am working with, which is 4 hours away, that I am third on their list. I've been on the list for 14 months and they are probably considered a high volume black wing dealer, but they do get a decent number of them. He's pretty sure he has a few more coming since they just sold three of them near the end of the year.

I would also love to see the colors in person, though I am with the other guy above that would probably just order black to help hide some of those weird front end lines, but I kind of like black anyway because it makes these cars look badass.

There are all kinds of videos out there that show Drift and Typhoon in limited lighting situations.

As much as I like (probably should say love) the new Typhoon Metallic, I think I would probably go with the Deep Space Metallic. Being a dark blue, it would help disguise the black vertical bars in the bumper.........that is, if that's even an issue.

D
Drive it home, we did 3400 mile tour on the way back! Great time 😎 with wife 👍

Well, here is a really good look at both the Typhoon Metallic and the Drift Metallic:

Typhoon looks totally more “green”. Tough choice between the two. Still leaning towards the Drift, but it is really close. How can you not like both?!

As much as I like (probably should say love) the new Typhoon Metallic, I think I would probably go with the Deep Space Metallic. Being a dark blue, it would help disguise the black vertical bars in the bumper.........that is, if that's even an issue.
I think the Typhoon might look cool with a matte wrap (akin to the previous Dark Emerald Frost, but different ;)).

I was trying for a long time to get into the rodeo and "waiting to see" and working with the wrong dealer burned me. When I heard there was a stock allocation for a 6 speed in the new color I had only seen in pictures, ordered with the options I wanted, I jumped on it. Order was placed early in the production cycle and finally built in December. I was told it was the first car in that color at that dealership. No regrets.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back