Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2025 5BW updates

I like the old front end better. I liked how the vertical running lights were broken up a bit, it gave the illusion the lights kind of dipped back behind the bumper and then came back out. There was a sense of depth to it. Also, not a fan of those black plastic strips that curve down from the lights and break up the body color on the bumper.

Thanks for the post. The new colors are fun. I’m surprised black diamond and midnight steel colors went away. It looks like the upper and lower grill have more cooling area which is good. I thought there’d be a larger blower announced (e.g. Escalade-V) but 600hp+ is already bonkers on the street!

It’d be a ‘surprise and delight’ to wake up to an updated data recorder and new performance app on pre-25 cars!

Is it just me or am I seeing a complete lack of rotary controls for volume/tune on the manual?

I think they did a really nice job integrating the large screen; it flows well with the interior curves and doesnt block sight lines. Too many cars just have giant rectangular tablets welded on.

Was thinking the same (looking at you BMW). I like it.

I like the new front end but I really wish they kept the break in the running lights. Separating the 4 and the 5 might be even harder now.

EDIT: Not disrespecting my 4BW brethren, I just want cars to look unique!

Last edited:
Imagine a bunch of old farts driving caddies that don’t like change, kind of hard to believe!

The updates are awesome!!
LOL - though have to say back in the day when I participated in VW/GTI forums the young guys there also were very critical of the new GTI (then then new MK VII)....now that model is seen as certainly better then the MK VI (reliability and performance) and previous. I still do like my MK VI though....and its been pretty reliable overall with a few glitches now and then.

Looks great but I'm not a huge fan of the new gigantic dashboard screen.

As I replied in Rob's thread, I think the regular V front looks nicer than the Blackwing front. Why in the world does that lower vent black plastic extend up towards the headlight and split the painted front bumper? And as I have said since the first refreshed images were shown, no changes to the back lights make them a total mismatch to this new front end design language.

Hard to argue with the new interior, even if I personally like built-in driver displays. The enhanced PDR is cool, and the new vehicle app - this should have been in all Blackwings since day 1.

• New Performance in-vehicle app, featuring:
    • Real-time display of power, torque and boost
    • Live dyno graph-style trace of power and torque with interactive analysis
    • Array of performance gauges like g-force, tire temperature, and engine vitals, with full configurability enabling drivers to prioritize their favorite data

Agree…after seeing pics, not a fan of the new front end. The big dash screen looks acceptable. I’m good with my 2024.

There it's been announced, now I don't have to bite my tongue when you guys speculate if there's a '25 or of it's updated lol

Mixed feelings on the front end design, but I would love to see the new animated walk up lighting -- that sounds pretty awesome

Nice to see the 5VBW get updated / modernized.
The '22-'24 5VBWs are going to lose half their value overnight! Can't wait to pick one up for less than a 4VBW!

but seriously folks - the front end of the 5VBW is a mess of shapes as it is. The '25 is a different mess of shapes. What looks better is purely subjective. I at least appreciate the modernization / updated interior tech. Definitely a step forward and well done in retaining the physical buttons and keeping the screens from completely taking over.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back