Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2025 5BW updates

It’ll bite but won’t break skin so far.It appears manuals totally lost the volume knob and selection knob and home button, whereas autos still have them in front of the shifter. Kind of disappointing as I use the home button and knobs all the time.

Also, it looks like they moved the camera button from the physical button area in front of the shifter, to a virtual button on the giant screen. This seems especially dumb. I've learned where the button is and with muscle memory reach forward and press it when parking to know how far forward to park. So now, while parking, with no home button, I'm going to.. umm.. have to figure out whatever gesture is needed to invoke the home screen, and then look at the screen and find the camera button.. all the while stopped like an idiot halfway into the parking spot. Thanks, GM. LÖL.

All we wanted were some better cupholders with those little tabs that hold your drink in. And a bigger fuel tank.

(edit) @vagabond, I forgot to tell you... the knob and buttons *are* backlit - in theory - but when you dim your gauges below a certain point, they stop dimming and just turn off. I too keep mine dim enough that my volume knob and buttons are not backlit.
Thanks, I’ll try tomorrow. I’m often driving in the dark with backlighting dim.

All light modules should color and dim the same on a luxury marque imo.. HUD vs. home/volume vs. lower button panel vs. upper onstar and sunroof panel all slightly different. Shame! Shame! ;) But seriously though attention to detail matters and here we are talking about it.

Doesn't the mute button with the telephone handset on it that is on the steering wheel do that?
It worked Thanks!

I will not back down it’s odd as hell and unexpected a phone disconnect button functions as mute/pause/play though. But I’m glad it does.

Old gym new members.
Or is it the other way around.

Earlier I expressed my disinterest in the refresh but it should go without saying that this is a definitive improvement from the 1st gen design even if it’s not what I’m interested in as a driver.

Its tastefully integrated 9k display is a selling point for most ct5 buyers and I am assuming the backlighting is superior to the old design. The ct5 is their best selling model globally and this makes it more competitive in the marketplace.

The advanced performance data integration is more than welcomed here.

By federal law, manufacturers have to supply parts for 10 years. The old splitter should be available for at least 10 years so accident damage can be repaired
Tell that to SS drivers that struggle to find various parts.

Someone mentioned how changes can grow onto us over time. When I first purchased my SS, I was not thrilled with the lines. It took months for me to really like it. Maybe the new BW front end will grow on those of us grossed out currently.

Who remembers this antique:
j6sCSH0.png

Am I the only one bothered by the split up hood? Why can't it be just one piece down to the top of the grill? Was hoping the refresh would fix that visual flaw. Once seen/noticed, it can't be unseen.
Untitled-2.jpg

I'm just disappointed that there's no power bump.

Without that I'm struggling to rationalize a reason to get another one.

I gotta admit...I'm not at all like (in thinking) many of you car guys in this forum (and not just in this forum). When I'm happy with a car...well I'm happy with it. I've never lusted for or wished for a face lifted or even totally revised edition (even if demonstrably better). I just like and enjoy what i have and I keep it until the wheels fall off

Even when the 2nd gen turbo MR2 replaced the 1st gen I had - and was clearly a better car in almost every way...no thought or interest to trade it in or such - I just absolutely loved mine and driving it...no thought ever of replacing it (until increasing maintenance issues and a growing family and wife telling me to get rid of it and so forth...). Of course now I absolutely lust after the 2nd gen MR2...such a magnificent car....but unlikely I will ever buy or own one (shame...but I'm no mechanic).

Not knocking anyone here....I'm clearly in the minority and I get that and am used to that....just a different mindset. That being said its hard for me to imagine having to have the 2025 5 BW when one already has a prior version. Just doesn't seem different or better enough...but hey...new things are fun and cool....I get that.

I'd probably still own (nearly) all the cars I've ever had if it was entirely up to me...

Someone mentioned how changes can grow onto us over time. When I first purchased my SS, I was not thrilled with the lines. It took months for me to really like it. Maybe the new BW front end will grow on those of us grossed out currently.
It usually does seem to work out that way. When Audis went with that bigger front grill I thought it absolutely horrible. I'm totally used to it now and it seems normal and OK. I've even grown to accept the new )fat) BMW front fascias...don't love them...but I was initially totally repelled. Wouldn't bother me now...(but I like the BW looks better).

Tell that to SS drivers that struggle to find various parts.

So your saying we will all get used to looking at the G80 M3 front grill?

It would need to be 800HP for me to get interested in spending $30K+ for an upgrade.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back