Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2023 website build tools are online

Midnight Steel is the replacement for Shadow Grey and yes it has more of a blue hue to it. I almost chose it but I stuck to Argent Silver instead.
Shadow Metallic is quite blue in artificial light and gray in sunlight. I suspect Midnight Steel will also be mostly gray in sunlight, but lighter than Shadow.

More than likely due to the low production volume of the 5BW. They are selling over 30k C8s per year right now vs. like 1600 5BWs for 2022.

Sure but C8 buyers will happily pay more, aggressive, increases, its that much of a hot ticket item and GM could get away with it.

The 5BW is much less production but a 10% increase in the base price is pretty nuts, either GM screwed up with the original MSRP or the car its made out of highly sought after carbon fiber goat grazed microchips. A 10k increase on a 90k car is pretty ridiculous, I use the C8 as an example of a vehicle that is highly sought after and has only had small little increases, GM could easily milk it for more but the 5BW getting such a large increase is pretty crazy, even in todays world.

It is what it is but the only cars that had that much of a price increase between the '22 and '23 model years are vehicles that cost 1.5x+ as much. Even the 911 "only" had like a 6k price increase but it starts at 30k more then the 5BW.

I know the 10k is Canadian pesos but even in the states the 7k increase is pretty significant on a car that started in the mid 80s. I still think GM screwed something up with the original MSRP (it was comparable to a 3rd gen CTS-V which is pretty remarkable) or something in the car became much more expensive compared to other vehicles. The Camaro ZL1 which shares a lot of parts had a decent price increase as well but even it was about 5k Canadian compared to the 5BW 10k, I beleive US price increase was 3.7k? So maybe its related to the LT4.

Either way for a manual supercharged V8 sport sedan, the increase is still worth it, but whoever got a '22 is laughing.

Last edited:
Sure but C8 buyers will happily pay more, aggressive, increases, its that much of a hot ticket item and GM could get away with it.

The 5BW is much less production but a 10% increase in the base price is pretty nuts, either GM screwed up with the original MSRP or the car its made out of highly sought after carbon fiber goat grazed microchips. A 10k increase on a 90k car is pretty ridiculous, I use the C8 as an example of a vehicle that is highly sought after and has only had small little increases, GM could easily milk it for more but the 5BW getting such a large increase is pretty crazy, even in todays world.

It is what it is but the only cars that had that much of a price increase between the '22 and '23 model years are vehicles that cost 1.5x+ as much. Even the 911 "only" had like a 6k price increase but it starts at 30k more then the 5BW.

I know the 10k is Canadian pesos but even in the states the 7k increase is pretty significant on a car that started in the mid 80s. I still think GM screwed something up with the original MSRP (it was comparable to a 3rd gen CTS-V which is pretty remarkable) or something in the car became much more expensive compared to other vehicles. The Camaro ZL1 which shares a lot of parts had a decent price increase as well but even it was about 5k Canadian compared to the 5BW 10k, I beleive US price increase was 3.7k? So maybe its related to the LT4.

Either way for a manual supercharged V8 sport sedan, the increase is still worth it, but whoever got a '22 is laughing.

I hear you. $7k is ridiculous. I think GM is just getting in on the money grab as well. There is no way the cost of goods increased that much from 2022 to 2023. The 2023 4BW increased $1,500, Camaro SS $1,800, ZL1 $3,700, 5BW, $7,000. When does it end?

Is the bronze center cap for 5bw a new option for 23? Don't remember seeing that for 22. It adds some package that includes black lug nuts and increases the price by 1k (!) but the summary does not show what package this is.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220922_225821.jpg
    Screenshot_20220922_225821.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 60

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace