Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2023 website build tools are online

My first choice was Satin Steel but then I saw it was discontinued for 2023 I thought about going with another color but this new Argent Silver is close enough I guess. I am still not sure why they had to change the Infrared>Radiant Red and Satin Steel>Argent Silver if they are so close?

View attachment 12889

View attachment 12890
Wait, isn't that Rift. :rolleyes:

Yes it's off white.

Maybe I'm just an uncultured ogre but I feel like we've always had a term for exactly the color Rift is. It's off white.
I don't know, I hate off white (think Chrysler 300 yellow snow 🤮) and I love Rift obviously.

My first choice was Satin Steel but then I saw it was discontinued for 2023 I thought about going with another color but this new Argent Silver is close enough I guess. I am still not sure why they had to change the Infrared>Radiant Red and Satin Steel>Argent Silver if they are so close?

View attachment 12889

View attachment 12890
My build looks very similar to yours. I can't wait to see what the Argent Silver looks like in person!

I've seen Argent Silver next to the Satin from last year and they are both great. The difference is so subtle it's hard to tell the difference unless they are right next to each other. Here are some pictures I took today of Argent.

Attachments

• tempImageEZNvpj.png
    tempImageEZNvpj.png
    18.6 MB · Views: 93
  • tempImageQlV6Mg.png
    tempImageQlV6Mg.png
    14.6 MB · Views: 89
Here is the same color on a 2023 Camaro. They market it as Sharkskin but it is the same paint code.

sharkskin.jpeg

Yes it's off white.

Maybe I'm just an uncultured ogre but I feel like we've always had a term for exactly the color Rift is. It's off white.
I can't concede "off white". :) It shows too much grey in certain lighting situations that "off white" can't. The "color" varies with the lighting (which I like and find interesting).

My car has both carbon packages which explains most of the extra difference. The destination charge also increased $400.

Do you think since gas has dropped in price we can renegotiate that destination charge? :) Prices go up but they never seem to go back down, do they?

I can't concede "off white". :) It shows too much grey in certain lighting situations that "off white" can't. The "color" varies with the lighting (which I like and find interesting).
Lighting makes the difference! #riftgang

Up here in the Great White North the 5BW increased 10k before any options. My build went up 12k from '22 to '23 however carbon seats are on constraint so I "saved" about 5k and my '23 that is scheduled for production is "only" 7k more then my '22 build.

Crazy how much the base price of the 5BW went up after one model year but the C8 has only increased by what, 5k over 3 model years?

Up here in the Great White North the 5BW increased 10k before any options. My build went up 12k from '22 to '23 however carbon seats are on constraint so I "saved" about 5k and my '23 that is scheduled for production is "only" 7k more then my '22 build.

Crazy how much the base price of the 5BW went up after one model year but the C8 has only increased by what, 5k over 3 model years?

More than likely due to the low production volume of the 5BW. They are selling over 30k C8s per year right now vs. like 1600 5BWs for 2022.

Can't find Maverick Noir Frost?? Seemed to be the closest to last years Shadow & don't really think the other colors are for me but think I need to see them in person. Midnight steel seems too blue?

Can't find Maverick Noir Frost?? Seemed to be the closest to last years Shadow & don't really think the other colors are for me but think I need to see them in person. Midnight steel seems too blue?
MNF is supposed to be restricted to the 99 4BW Sebring IMSA Track Editions.

Midnight Steel is the replacement for Shadow Grey and yes it has more of a blue hue to it. I almost chose it but I stuck to Argent Silver instead.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back