Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2023 models get new blackwing badge on the trunk?

This is on the GM company store, whatever the hell that site is, but has a lot of official BW merchandise. I have a feeling it will look like this. You can see the “Blackwing” border follows the V outline. The BW team did not want a badge, so I think it would probably be very subtle if they are forced to add one. This can’t be a coincidence this image shows up:

View attachment 11976

I like it but I wish GM would offer a black badge option.

Should have taken the v off all together and went with a single winged blackwing badge

From far away, the black wing badge looks too much like the Genesis badge. I could see Cadillac not wanting anyone to mistake their flagship for anything other than a V series.

From far away, the black wing badge looks too much like the Genesis badge. I could see Cadillac not wanting anyone to mistake their flagship for anything other than a V series.
I hear you and it’s a fine point, but maybe they shouldn’t have watered down the V in the first place then?

In my perfect world we would get a Cadillac badge on the front grill and a bw winged badge on the rear center, nothing else.

I hear you and it’s a fine point, but maybe they shouldn’t have watered down the V in the first place then?

In my perfect world we would get a Cadillac badge on the front grill and a bw winged badge on the rear center, nothing else.

I just wanted a small bump in the hood or reverse scoop or something. That’s all i wanted to see.

A hood bump (settle down partiers) would’ve been the perfect touch

BMW does it right. Just enough cues to differentiate but not overkill to lose the soul of the platform. Nothing ricey like you see the Japanese *cough* “performance” variants do.

This is on the GM company store, whatever the hell that site is, but has a lot of official BW merchandise. I have a feeling it will look like this. You can see the “Blackwing” border follows the V outline. The BW team did not want a badge, so I think it would probably be very subtle if they are forced to add one. This can’t be a coincidence this image shows up:

View attachment 11976
Fine. I’ll say it. Hideous. Not to mention the font size will be damn near microscopic if this is to be real.

I was thinking this would have made a great emblem.
Goat Emblem.jpg

Last edited:
Fine. I’ll say it. Hideous. Not to mention the font size will be damn near microscopic if this is to be real.
Agreed. It looks like some chintzy accessory that needs to be sold out of dozens of different shop fronts, as they keep getting shut down for copyright infringement.

Taking a logo and then adding text under it is mixing up 2 different design styles in the most afterthoughty way possible.

Agreed. It looks like some chintzy accessory that needs to be sold out of dozens of different shop fronts, as they keep getting shut down for copyright infringement.

Taking a logo and then adding text under it is mixing up 2 different design styles in the most afterthoughty way possible.

As previously pointed out, BMW does the same with their competition models. Badges look fine on those. You’ll be surprised, it will look acceptable.

As previously pointed out, BMW does the same with their competition models. Badges look fine on those. You’ll be surprised, it will look acceptable.
Yes I know: I owned one.
Letter + number + letters = fine
Not that already odd V-Caddy logo + letters. It's going to look naff.

I got that email too this morning and already called. Rep (Bob, nice guy) said he had just heard about it that morning and didn't have a ton of info, but took my name, email, phone, and VIN down and said he'd call me to let me know if he was able to process my Blackwing badge.

We shall see. I also would have preferred a nice actual Blackwing badge, but whatever. It's "free" and at least differentiates a bit from the normal V cars.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back