Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2023 CADILLAC CT5-V BLACKWING PRICING

Ugh, when the C8 was only increased by $1k I thought it would be similar for the BW... $7k is a bit of a gut punch.
Although the C8 pricing was only announced a few months ago, I bet GM, in hindsight, most likely realized they ‘underpriced’ their price increase.
The cost of stuff is really hitting the fan now.

Hey @1StunnaV, before I call my dealer, can you advise if this price protection policy that was announced last month would apply to my order that I submitted last year?

Thanks as always for participating in this forum.

I just read through the official document.

The way I understand it, the price protection does not cover rolling from one model year to another model year. It would only cover the price increases for the same model year that was ordered.

When a new model year is released, the orders don't roll over. The customer has to place a new order or the dealer can do it for them. Its a new order at that time so a new price protection would begin.

With that said, without getting into all of the dealer side details, the way this program works, it leaves the dealer open to losing $ or potentially even selling the vehicle at a loss. I would not be surprised if dealers start placing people on waitlists now, rather than placing orders in the system to sit at 1100 status..........

I like the fact that you can get semi-aniline leather without the carbon backs. All I wanted was the upgraded leather anyway.
Me too. I think the highest level seats also look the best, but I never wanted the carbon fiber backs. They sure look cool, but I prefer the suede. This offers that choice now, and if I do get a 5, it is how I would option it.

Hey @1StunnaV, before I call my dealer, can you advise if this price protection policy that was announced last month would apply to my order that I submitted last year?

I'm not sure about other GMs, but I know for sure Corvettes used to change in price throughout the year. So, you could order now, and by the time your car got built (and most importantly invoiced to the dealer) a few months later, the price could change. This was all pre covid, but the price protection seems to be for that kind of deal. I remember reading in the past about trying to lock in a "price" with a Corvette dealer, and it all had to do with the timing of the invoicing of the car.

So, to do my same 5 build as a 2023 (which I cancelled when I bought my 4), it would be $12K more, including the increase in shipping. OMG! Guess that makes me happier I got my 4.

I don't know much, but I told ya the increase would be pretty good, though I thought $5K. Told ya, they'd probably change the top tier seats. Makes sense. You can now get semi aniline with out carbon. Now they can sell the seats, and put carbon backed on constraint.

Let's see how all this plays out for 2024. That's my plan at this point. Wait until 2024, see what's up and decide.

Thanks to Dustin for his input.

Let's see how all this plays out for 2024. That's my plan at this point. Wait until 2024, see what's up and decide.

Thanks to Dustin for his input.
I wouldn't expect them to change their mind on pricing, unless it's going up again. Looks like the dealer problem just might end yet another car earlier than intended

Thanks for taking the time to look into this @1StunnaV, I appreciate it.

Yeah @Finally-a-V, my MSRP went up by exactly $12k too. Time to make some decisions. Do I really need that PDR for the 1-2x I’m going to be on a track? Carbon backed seats are definitely out.

@Daijoubu I read something similar about that on one of the Corvette pages. Who knows anymore, not just GM but everyone is changing the rules as we go along. It’s like the Wild West out there.

Oh and just for grins I spec’ed a 120 with my options and it came out to $148k. Yow!

$20 says if the 5 is up $7k, the 4 will be $3500-5k

@Ivy1Le .....I'm sure 2024's will go up to, but maybe less. Also, it gives me some time to make some money in the market (hopefully), and by then, I'd probably trade/sell my truck and the 4 and go back to one vehicle. Who knows. Maybe things will calm down, supply might improve. Things are crazy now.

@SIX 40

I received confirmation from Cadillac. Price Guarantee does not apply from one model year to another model year. See screenshot of email below.

I want to thank you for bringing up this topic as this needed to be addressed quickly.

1653499796460.png

Last edited:
$20 says if the 5 is up $7k, the 4 will be $3500-5k
I will work up a document when I have time... but below is the most important

Base for the 4 went from to $58,995 to $60,495
Carbon pkg 1 went from $4,350 to $6,150
Carbon pkg 2 went from $2,650 to $4,450

Carbon pkg 1 went from $4,350 to $6,150
Carbon pkg 2 went from $2,650 to $4,450
Damn it Dustin, I was just about to accept his offer and win the $20!!!! Lol. I would have happily sent you half 😉

I think I would like to get my order in for a custom spec 4BW ASAP lol before they go any crazier. No carbon for me, too rich for my blood

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back