Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2023 BMW competition announced

JFC even Vin Diesel would tap out here (family only goes so far) yikes!
sliding-drift.gif

So it weighs the same as the 4BW.
Yeah, a larger sedan weights the same as the smallest M 2dr? That's not good.

I remember thinking the '03-06 GTO was a boat for a coupe at 3800lbs.

Doesn’t G80 m3 while larger than 4BW, weigh less? As a 4BW owner, I just wish it weighed 150lbs less.

Most of their new models look trashy and appeal to people who aspirationally think they are luxury items when they are just uncouth and no longer the best driving cars in their respective class.
Best use of the word "uncouth"

Yeah, a larger sedan weights the same as the smallest M 2dr? That's not good.

I remember thinking the '03-06 GTO was a boat for a coupe at 3800lbs.

The 4BW isn't much bigger than the current gen M2. Even less of a difference to the G87.

Drove a new generation M4 on the street and I really wasn't impressed. Stupid quick yes, very boring though. Not a lot of engagement. I later drove the M3 on the track at COTA and I was sold that I wanted one. The new M2 will be most of what the 3/4 bring but under 70k. I'm expecting to be right around 70k after paint, DFC and carbon buckets.

Wrong forum I know but I'll be happier spending 70k on it than 70k on a 4BW even if the 4BW manual engagement is miles ahead. I'll enjoy the G87 while I wait for F87 CS prices to drop. If that never happens I'll likely start looking at a final year 4BW or maybe low mileage used one by then

The 4BW isn't much bigger than the current gen M2. Even less of a difference to the G87.

Drove a new generation M4 on the street and I really wasn't impressed. Stupid quick yes, very boring though. Not a lot of engagement. I later drove the M3 on the track at COTA and I was sold that I wanted one. The new M2 will be most of what the 3/4 bring but under 70k. I'm expecting to be right around 70k after paint, DFC and carbon buckets.

Wrong forum I know but I'll be happier spending 70k on it than 70k on a 4BW even if the 4BW manual engagement is miles ahead. I'll enjoy the G87 while I wait for F87 CS prices to drop. If that never happens I'll likely start looking at a final year 4BW or maybe low mileage used one by then
Will have to drive it to see ofc, but if the G87 is a not as good G80, then that's a hard pass.

The G80 is great and easy to drive fast, but no way would I buy one over a 4BW and apart from it being cheaper, I don't see what the G87 brings that would be anymore appealing.

Will have to drive it to see ofc, but if the G87 is a not as good G80, then that's a hard pass.

The G80 is great and easy to drive fast, but no way would I buy one over a 4BW and apart from it being cheaper, I don't see what the G87 brings that would be anymore appealing.

Despite the weight I'm expecting the G87 to be just a little better than the G80 just due to the smaller size. I felt the same way driving the F80 and F87 back to back. The engine difference was more severe last generation too.

It's definitely a preference thing and I've admitted on several occasions the 4BW is the better daily but it's not a daily for me so I'd rather have the more raw car.. Which is the F87 lol I'm curious how I'll feel about G87 vs 4BW once I've had my G87 for a few weeks. Only about 6 more months to find out

Despite the weight I'm expecting the G87 to be just a little better than the G80 just due to the smaller size. I felt the same way driving the F80 and F87 back to back. The engine difference was more severe last generation too.

It's definitely a preference thing and I've admitted on several occasions the 4BW is the better daily but it's not a daily for me so I'd rather have the more raw car.. Which is the F87 lol I'm curious how I'll feel about G87 vs 4BW once I've had my G87 for a few weeks. Only about 6 more months to find out
Ya that's it, if I go back to BMW it would be for another F87, ha. Each to their own for sure, but ya it just doesn't appeal at the moment. So many things I'm not keen on about the G8x are obviously in it too. The good thing is the the G87 will be around for ages, so lots of time to try it out and have opinions change!

Ya that's it, if I go back to BMW it would be for another F87, ha. Each to their own for sure, but ya it just doesn't appeal at the moment. So many things I'm not keen on about the G8x are obviously in it too. The good thing is the the G87 will be around for ages, so lots of time to try it out and have opinions change!
the G80 nose has grown on me.. I was never whole heartedly against it like 90% of the internet was but I knew it looked better on the sedan than the coupe. Looking at how the market on those progressed is why I decided that I'd pull the trigger on a G87 no matter what. I'm not in love with the design by any means but as long as it drives how I expect I'll be keeping it until further notice. If it doesn't drive how I expect then I'll just sell it back to my dealer after a few months and hopefully walk away even

the G80 nose has grown on me.. I was never whole heartedly against it like 90% of the internet was but I knew it looked better on the sedan than the coupe. Looking at how the market on those progressed is why I decided that I'd pull the trigger on a G87 no matter what. I'm not in love with the design by any means but as long as it drives how I expect I'll be keeping it until further notice. If it doesn't drive how I expect then I'll just sell it back to my dealer after a few months and hopefully walk away even
Just curious what your use case is. More track or more daily? Do you need 4 usable seats? Sounds like you prefer engagement of 4bw while m4 was missing the connection, but yet you expect g87 to be more raw. Have you driven 4bw on track to see how it compares to g80? I thought 4bw was putting down similar times with less power.

Anyways, buy whatever makes you happy. I just couldn’t follow the thought process :). I hope g87 is a great car - it’s good for consumers.

And unless you get one very early and get out of it early, expect to loose money. Car market next 2 yrs is going to be very different than car market last 2 yrs imo.

Just curious what your use case is. More track or more daily? Do you need 4 usable seats? Sounds like you prefer engagement of 4bw while m4 was missing the connection, but yet you expect g87 to be more raw. Have you driven 4bw on track to see how it compares to g80? I thought 4bw was putting down similar times with less power.

Anyways, buy whatever makes you happy. I just couldn’t follow the thought process :). I hope g87 is a great car - it’s good for consumers.

And unless you get one very early and get out of it early, expect to loose money. Car market next 2 yrs is going to be very different than car market last 2 yrs imo.
the m4 I drove was an auto. the m3 I drove on track was also an auto but with carbon buckets. I drove an M3 in manual and felt it was much better than the M4 auto and had no complaints about the shifter feel although not better than the 4BW.

I'll be using it for track days hopefully as I now have an SUV as a daily although no I don't need anything more than 1 seat. I expect the G87 and 4BW to feel the same in terms of relation to a 'raw' driving feel and that's why I said it's only until F87 CS prices come down. I'll also (hopefully) be in the first round of allocations and expect to see a car by May 2023 at the latest.

Edit - No I didn't get a chance to drive my 4BW on track. The track day was cancelled and then I sold it the following week. I'll get to drive it in April at SMMR. Glad I saved my one day M school because hopefully I can do a session around that timeframe to get a back-to-back feel for both brands

I was a bit set on getting one of these in about 1.5 years from now. That would put me just under 3 years of ownership on the CT4 and probably around 50-55k miles. After seeing the body, the weight and the fact that the price is probably going to be 70k with the options I want, I probably would just spend 10k more and get the M3. I want one more manual car after this one which would take me to 2026/2027 time frame.

Ideally the price on gently used 982 4.0 would come down to the mid/high 80s and I would get one of those instead.

Ideally the price on gently used 982 4.0 would come down to the mid/high 80s and I would get one of those instead.
That would be nice.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners