Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2022 production numbers

I want a Rolex watch right now and can't get one even tho I have a connection thru an AD, but sometimes stuff happens.....

I feel like past V production was small because demand was also small.
V3 CTS-Vs had brisk demand for multiple years. MANY ATS-V had a LOT of money on the hood to move them...

V3 CTS-Vs had brisk demand for multiple years. MANY ATS-V had a LOT of money on the hood to move them...
it's news to me just being honest. I know the V wagon had reasonable demand, at least within the target audience, because car lovers love wagons. I haven't personally ran into many people seeking out other Vs until this blackwing but I am younger and cadillac is still appealing to older generations.

The money on the hood comment doesn't really mean much, doesn't benefit GM. We're going to be royally screwed once we actually get to the end of the ICE era. Huge markups on any remaining ICE vehicles and huge markups on the few performance EVs these manufacturers decide to make. If there was every a time to wrangle the middle man I think it's now

First thing lets address is the white goat/elephant in the room and say I'm an A-hole! (I've already had my bag of goat dicks, some will get this!!) Some of you guys are new and I get that, but you are trying to board a train that's full and leaving the station. You may or may not get a Blackwing and if you don't I'm sorry, but don't show up late to dinner and expect food on the table!

I had knowledge thru the V-Club before I ordered my 2020 CT5-V that this beast was coming and why I have two because I was ahead of the game, and Dustin/Sewell is bad to the bone! I could be wrong but I thought I heard a Cadillac executive say that the Blackwings would be limited, so make of this what you will... Have a great day and let the roasting begin!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
So how many CTSV3 did they build in the second year? Help me understand why they only build 27 a week verses 175 C8 corvettes a day.
Joys of having a full factory building just one specific car in Bowling Green. The Lansing Plant pushes out all the Camaros, CT4 and CT5s, plus all the different variants of each car.
I wouldnt say brisk, sales tapered and they didnt sell as much as V2s. But thats more than likely due to the $90K starting price. Hard buy in when the V2s were originally $60K cars...
it's news to me just being honest. I know the V wagon had reasonable demand, at least within the target audience, because car lovers love wagons. I haven't personally ran into many people seeking out other Vs until this blackwing but I am younger and cadillac is still appealing to older generations.

The money on the hood comment doesn't really mean much, doesn't benefit GM. We're going to be royally screwed once we actually get to the end of the ICE era. Huge markups on any remaining ICE vehicles and huge markups on the few performance EVs these manufacturers decide to make. If there was every a time to wrangle the middle man I think it's now
Less than 1800 in a 4 year span isnt reasonable demand.

First thing lets address is the white goat/elephant in the room and say I'm an A-hole! (I've already had my bag of goat dicks, some will get this!!) Some of you guys are new and I get that, but you are trying to board a train that's full and leaving the station. You may or may not get a Blackwing and if you don't I'm sorry, but don't show up late to dinner and expect food on the table!

I had knowledge thru the V-Club before I ordered my 2020 CT5-V that this beast was coming and why I have two because I was ahead of the game, and Dustin/Sewell is bad to the bone! I could be wrong but I thought I heard a Cadillac executive say that the Blackwings would be limited, so make of this what you will... Have a great day and let the roasting begin!!!!!!!!!

I’ll step up to the plate for this one. I don’t understand your opinion at all. I hope that every one who wants one has an opportunity to purchase. It means a bigger community of enthusiasts, more potential sales in the modding businesses, more spare parts available, more trained technicians and service personnel. It means more incentive for Cadillac to invest in similar cars in the future, ICE, or electric. Massive sales rewards and recognizes the engineering and design team for their massive labor of love.

And the only downside? Used cars have slightly lower value because of increased supply. Blackwings wouldn’t be the rare unicorn that ATS Vs are today. Those are both shallow, selfish, and irrational reasons to not wish for higher sales. But you at least recognized it as such :)

I’ll step up to the plate for this one. I don’t understand your opinion at all. I hope that every one who wants one has an opportunity to purchase. It means a bigger community of enthusiasts, more potential sales in the modding businesses, more spare parts available, more trained technicians and service personnel. It means more incentive for Cadillac to invest in similar cars in the future, ICE, or electric. Massive sales rewards and recognizes the engineering and design team for their massive labor of love.

And the only downside? Used cars have slightly lower value because of increased supply. Blackwings wouldn’t be the rare unicorn that ATS Vs are today. Those are both shallow, selfish, and irrational reasons to not wish for higher sales. But you at least recognized it as such :)
I don't understand what your trying to say to me? I have NO control over production and how Cadillac works the numbers... I simply said that people are constantly crying about getting a BW but are coming to the party late, and I did hear that the BW's were going to be limited, is that true I don't know, again not my call....... I guess you are right about me being shallow, selfish, irrational, for not wanting higher numbers tho, touche!

I don't understand what your trying to say to me? I have NO control over production and how Cadillac works the numbers... I simply said that people are constantly crying about getting a BW but are coming to the party late, and I did hear that the BW's were going to be limited, is that true I don't know, again not my call....... I guess you are right about me being shallow, selfish, irrational, for not wanting higher numbers tho, touche!
I didn't hear anything about a blackwing until at least 5 months after the reservation date for the initial 250. Cadillac wasn't on my radar. ATS-V is a nice driving car but I'd choose the econo-interior from something like a WRX over it.

After all the reviews hit and I had my mind set on one, I visited a dealership order in hand around Aug 2021 and was told only the 250 were being built. Funny enough it was Sewell in Grapevine and I should have researched further but I chalked it up to a loss and looked for M cars instead. My point being, some of us aren't late but misinformed.

I saw quite a while back, that GM was going to build 1500 each of BW4's and BW5's. Don't know if they break their word like Dodge does.

Hard to predict where production numbers will go with the CAFE standards. On one hand the EV’s coming out with help make it easier to keep the BW in production but on the other hand getting rid of it would give Cadillac more breathing room to build more of their non EV cars. Hope this makes sense.
It’s all about fuel economy averages.

Steve I’m not disagreeing that folks late to the game shouldn’t expect to wait, I’m more hoping that Cadillac bumps production up to meet demand. As snowwolfe points out, the all-electric vehicles should offset the fuel economy of the blackwings. And I’m pretty sure they are turning a healthy profit on the base 35 and 40k CT4 and CT5. Outside of supply chain issues, there’s no reason to dampen production.

Based on the tracker the highest VINS that were produced last week were #532 and #707, so a total of 1239 so far. The last manual in the registry was #451 on 3/16. The last auto in the registry was #633 on 4/12.

Math time. 8 weeks to build manuals 533-451, so 10 per week. 4 weeks to build autos 634-707, so 18 per week. Total 28 per week. 7 weeks until the final day of 2022 production of July 7. 1239+28*7=1435.

There will be exactly 1435 built.

That's actually pretty good considering the CTSV3 had 1900 built it's first year.
I just wanted to revive this thread, since production is almost over for 2022. Right now the highest VINs in the tracker are 709+683 which is 1392. Still another week of production, and obviously the tracker is not every car out there, but I'd say my guess was pretty close!!

Also, the number of manuals vs autos is pretty much split down the middle. I figured after the initial reservation orders, the auto would out sell the manual.

Any update on 2022 total 5BW’s?
I'm still in the process of adding 2022 Blackwings to the Registry. I've been focusing on the CT5-Vs first and I should hopefully have those finished next week. Then I'll go back to the CT4-Vs and continue adding those.

Based on the tracker the highest VINS that were produced last week were #532 and #707, so a total of 1239 so far. The last manual in the registry was #451 on 3/16. The last auto in the registry was #633 on 4/12.

Math time. 8 weeks to build manuals 533-451, so 10 per week. 4 weeks to build autos 634-707, so 18 per week. Total 28 per week. 7 weeks until the final day of 2022 production of July 7. 1239+28*7=1435.

There will be exactly 1435 built.

That's actually pretty good considering the CTSV3 had 1900 built it's first year.
Is there any current update for the final 2022 numbers? My manual is #488 for 2022. Thanks

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back