Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2022 production numbers

EBDC5DAE-6F98-46A9-AE65-31B9EB53A51B.jpeg

Based on the tracker the highest VINS that were produced last week were #532 and #707, so a total of 1239 so far. The last manual in the registry was #451 on 3/16. The last auto in the registry was #633 on 4/12.

Math time. 8 weeks to build manuals 533-451, so 10 per week. 4 weeks to build autos 634-707, so 18 per week. Total 28 per week. 7 weeks until the final day of 2022 production of July 7. 1239+28*7=1435.

There will be exactly 1435 built.

That's actually pretty good considering the CTSV3 had 1900 built it's first year.

Last edited:
Nice. How about the CT4V BW?

Nice. How about the CT4V BW?
BW4 in BLUE
Based on the tracker the highest VINS that were produced last week were #532 448 and #707 733, so a total of 1239 1181 so far. The last manual in the registry was #451 385 on 3/16 4/25. The last auto in the registry was #633 703 on 4/12 4/13.

Math time. 8 2 weeks to build manuals 533-451 386-448 , so 10 30 per week. 4 4 weeks to build autos 634-707 704-733, so 18 7 per week. Total 28 37 per week. 7 weeks until the final day of 2022 production of July 7. 1239+28*7=1435 1181+37*7=1440.

There will be exactly 1435 1440 built.

That's actually pretty good considering the CTSV3 had 1900 built it's first year.
P.S. I have no idea what I'm talking about.

So how many CTSV3 did they build in the second year? Help me understand why they only build 27 a week verses 175 C8 corvettes a day.

So how many CTSV3 did they build in the second year? Help me understand why they only build 27 a week verses 175 C8 corvettes a day.
It's likely based off prior sales numbers. GM likely assumed it would sell slightly worse than the V3. The CT5 I think is the worst selling car in its class. I don't think anyone anticipated what a hit this car was. Honestly most people who have saved up 80+K for a car are going to go for a much flashier C8 vette or entry level porsche or BMW M. I think almost everyone who purchased a BW did it because they either had experience with a similar product from GM or other domestic automaker, or is a true enthusiast that doesn't care about getting attention or brand recognition.

I believe because the Corvette is approximately 7 times more popular than the CT5V Blackwing...not to me though, by golly
For the exact MSRP of my 4BW I could get a 1LT Corvette with most of what I'd put on it (I find the options list to be long and gaudy on the Corvette tbh) but I bet I'd have 0 luck finding a dealer selling at MSRP. I'd also bet I wouldn't see the car until late 2023.

Sorry got off topic lol I wish more Vs could be built but unfortunately 4 doors isn't as sexy as 2 to most people, no matter what engine you put under the hood

I owned a 2021 C8 vert for 3 months. It was a great car but I wanted comparable performance in a more civilized car. I wanted to get in and out of my car with dignity and not feel shoe horned into the cockpit when I drive. I also missed having a manual transmission and thought the DCT was amazing and boring at the same time. I view the CT5V Blackwing as a old man's Z06 corvette. I know the Wing isn't as sexy but I don't need the race car look any more. A low key wolf in sheep's clothing car is much more exciting to me.

Then they should be ashamed for being the world's biggest tease. Giving enthusiasts exactly what they want but only enough to get an inch most can't scratch
So Cadillac should not follow past years V production??? I thought they wanted the Blackwings to be exclusive???

That's the $64000 question. Does GM want it exclusive or do current owners want it exclusive? Even if GM makes one for everyone who currently has one on order by the numbers it will still be a rare and exclusive car compared to a corvette.

I feel like if they doubled production and made 3000 of each it would still be exclusive. That's not a lot of cars. Especially when you consider how many won't be driven, how many will be wrecked and not able to be salvaged.

Yeah, the Blackwings are like the opposite of Ferraris. Instead of telling everyone they are limited production, then building a bajillion of them, you actually don't mention anything about limited production, but secretly don't build as many as possible. Seems like a solid business plan.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back