Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing Colors

E7O2v69WYAEGLQ-.jpg
E7OK2YwWEAYp43c.jpg

Both images credit to Bradley Brownell via Twitter

Any one else seeing gold flake in that orange?
This picture is a little over-processed, but should be the same paint code (Vivid Orange). It will be interesting to see it in sunlight.

Attachments

• 2022-Chevy-Camaro-SS-Vivid-Orange-001-Front-Three-Quarters.jpg
    2022-Chevy-Camaro-SS-Vivid-Orange-001-Front-Three-Quarters.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 235
I see the gold flakes. Reminds me of a Lexus RC F I drove which looked oh so good when you walked by it in the sun. This orange is a little darker though which suits me just fine. Good to finally see the color I ordered lol.

Blaze Orange moving. Seems like a dynamic paint.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210727-074445_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210727-074445_Samsung Internet.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 168
I don't like how that color lacks depth. There are very few shadows and subtle variations in surface hue that naturally occur due to light hitting the car at different angles. You end up losing much of the finer details and lines all throughout the exterior. The C8s with this color have the same problem. I think it would look quite good as a matte color though.

I don't like how that color lacks depth. There are very few shadows and subtle variations in surface hue that naturally occur due to light hitting the car at different angles. You end up losing much of the finer details and lines all throughout the exterior. The C8s with this color have the same problem. I think it would look quite good as a matte color though.
I had the same concern when I ordered my C8 in that color but it person it shows the lines really well.

I had the same concern when I ordered my C8 in that color but it person it shows the lines really well.
Ahh see, i've always wondered about that. I've only ever seen a car in that color a couple times, and none were under ideal conditions or in a place where I could study it up close. I feel like that shade of blue would look very good in low lighting/dusk/night conditions.

I still haven't seen satin steel on any BW's so far. I think its the only color I haven't seen yet and its the color I ordered on mine, lol

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back