Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing Colors

My dealer called me when putting in the order to say that the SSJ 20 will not be available as the supplier is short due to Covid. I also wanted the monochromatic badges (like escalade) and they said they cannot find it in the global connect.
I just ran through the entire CT4-V and CT5-V order guide and couldn't find any reference to optional badges?

SFZMonoChrome Emblem220

Also these cars are apparently not being ordered through the Global Connect system, but another way through GM.
That's news to me. There's only two ways that orders can be configured - either through GM's Order Workbench in their Global Connect System or GM AutoBook Pro which is a separate system. However - either method goes through GM's main ordering system. I'll double check on Monday, but as far as I know right now - there is no separate ordering system for the Blackwings.

I agree with you, I cannot find it in the order guide ... I got it from the CadillacVnet CT5V Blackwing pricing announcement

1613177084230.png

Maybe they changed before the order guide came out ...

That's news to me. There's only two ways that orders can be configured - either through GM's Order Workbench in their Global Connect System or GM AutoBook Pro which is a separate system. However - either method goes through GM's main ordering system. I'll double check on Monday, but as far as I know right now - there is no separate ordering system for the Blackwings.
I wouldn't know to be honest ... just when I ordered, the dealership opened up a system and told me that the blackwings were not being ordered through the Global connect system, so it must be one of the other ones you mentioned.

The pricing and options that were posted which you cited was accurate at the time of the posting. I'll reach out to Cadillac on all of this on Monday and I'll try to get some answers for everyone.

thank you. please let us know what you find out. Much appreciated that you are making the effort.

Reactions: Rob
thank you. please let us know what you find out. Much appreciated that you are making the effort.
I can tell you that the monochromatic emblems still show on the pricing sheet, but I'll see what I can find out from Cadillac on Monday.

I am thinking I will cancel my reservation. Cadillac should have this better figured out better for such a hyped release. Just drive our Vector Blue V3 until Cadillac gets this stuff figured out.

D.

my thought is, you have until (I think) two weeks before you accept delivery to cancel and receive your deposit back. I think that is what it said in the agreement. So I will go all the way to see what Cadillac says about the options and additions/deletes. I am going to go through and accept (just for the 6speed manual with 668HP) and will change/modify on my own if something is not to my liking. I also believe (as my dealer said) that Cadillac will not refuse any build the clients of the 250 want, so I think we will have time to get further details ... even before Cadillac starts to builds any of the CT5-V Blackwings. Look at it as a free option until you have facts that show you would not want the car. I know that some of the issues are with supply chains, as to why some options are "iffy". Just my 2 cents.

I'll sleep on it. But it is not like these are the only 250 they are going to make. We really love our 2018 CTS-V in Vector Blue. With that being said - I would order a manual trans for sure.

I want to see more pics of the car in the various colors from all angles. More details fo the interior also.

I wonder what upgrades are coming. Like the Magnesium wheels, etc.

I wonder how long the blackwing will be around.

D.

I'll sleep on it. But it is not like these are the only 250 they are going to make. We really love our 2018 CTS-V in Vector Blue. With that being said - I would order a manual trans for sure.

I want to see more pics of the car in the various colors from all angles. More details fo the interior also.

I wonder how long the blackwing will be around.

D.
They are only building 750 more of each from what I was told. Additional reservations have been shutoff.

According to this article from GM Authority, it doesn't look like the magnesium wheels will be an option for the 2022 model year.

Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing Magnesium Wheels: Photo Gallery

"It’s currently unclear how much GM will charge for the mag wheels on the CT4-V Blackwing, but we do know that they will not be available for the 2022 model year."

1000 total per year or the complete production run?

Any idea how many years it will be made?

Many thought the C7 ZR1 would be built for another year or so. Glad I got one - amazing car.

D.

I asked my dealer about supplier pricing - no response.

What kind of deals are people getting?

D.

Just an update. I have forwarded questions to Cadillac and I'm still awaiting their response.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back