Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Video: 13K miles and my first real issue

Video related thread.

burn813

Original Ginger
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
I have the car at the dealer, and I hope to learn more information, but right at about 13K miles, the supercharger started knocking on start and had a light grinding. It felt like it was a little down on power, but I didn't notice anything from inside of the car and if it wasn't for my wife being outside of the car when I started it, I am not sure I would have caught it so early. The car is currently at Elco Cadillac. They have inspected it and do believe that it is the SC. They have ordered a new unit and hopefully it will be back on the road soon. For anyone who is wondering, there was no CEL and there was not really any indication inside of the car.

Here is a quick video of start up: IMG_4257.MOV

I have the car at the dealer, and I hope to learn more information, but right at about 13K miles, the supercharger started knocking on start and had a light grinding. It felt like it was a little down on power, but I didn't notice anything from inside of the car and if it wasn't for my wife being outside of the car when I started it, I am not sure I would have caught it so early. The car is currently at Elco Cadillac. They have inspected it and do believe that it is the SC. They have ordered a new unit and hopefully it will be back on the road soon. For anyone who is wondering, there was no CEL and there was not really any indication inside of the car.

Not all too common but, I’ve heard instances of the snout bearings going bad on some LT4s. Great that they’re taking the route of just replacing the supercharger.

Bummer, that’s real scary hope it’s nothing else. I’m sure dealer will take of it including oil change,I would ask for oil testing for piece of mind.
JM2C

wow that is quite noticeable!

I have been down this road with my '16 CTS-V. Same issue. SC replaced and all was good.

The service advisor said "it's ordered", and "a few days"
Somewhere in Lansing, a 5BW on the production line just got flipped to MP status. :D

The good news is that, of all the engine components that could possibly experience catastrophic failure, the SC is just about the easiest to replace "cleanly".

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back