Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Blackwing 6-sp (2022) surging during normal driving

Looks like it only covers '22 model year. '23+ must have updated parts.

Looks like it only covers '22 model year. '23+ must have updated parts.
The date on that TSB I posted is April 2022... so I don't know if there is an updated/newer one for later model years. @Ergoc5's car is a 22... so I thought that what I posted was what he was referring to.

The date on that TSB I posted is April 2022... so I don't know if there is an updated/newer one for later model years. @Ergoc5's car is a 22... so I thought that what I posted was what he was referring to.
Yeah TSB mentioned 22 MY, not sure if anyone with MY 23 or 24 are seeing this issue

Last edited:
Just as an update I got the car back from the dealer after the TSB fix...they also replaced the oil flow control valve. I don't have the hesitation so far (it was intermittent anyway) and the idle seems a bit smoother (maybe my imagination). However the car seemed to be out of alignment (they may have dropped the front subframe to get to the oil valve) and the boost was only around 6 or 7 psi ...it kissed 10 to 11 psi but seemed mostly around 6 or 7....are you guys seeing this usually? I thought I used to hit 9 psi normally....but seeing 6 or 7 where I used to see 9. I know this is rpm dependent on centrifugal superchargers but on PD superchargers I thought you would see steady boost. What are you guys seeing at different rpms? They checked it out and said it was working to spec.

EDIT ....could be TC kicking in as well....combo of narrower winter tires and cold pavement.

Last edited:
For those of you out there who have this surging problem, and aren't having success working through a dealership, I believe I can resolve this for you via remote tuning. We would need for you to purchase HP Tuners ($400), then we can set you up to do a data scan and capture the issue. Once we have it captured, I will see if I can figure out the cause and a potential solution for you. :)
I’d like to give that a try. How do I contact you?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back