Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

120th annie shifter

Joespenard

Seasoned Member
Wondering if anyone here has access to the shifter knob cap part number for the 120 Anniversary 23" m\y ? The control shaft & knob assy. is the same # 24046077 22-23 m\y .

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I am under the impression that the shifter logos on the 120th anniversary car are all unique, just as the door sill plates. Meaning vin xxxx1910 has a shifter emblem with the Cadillac logo from 1910, vin xxxx2001 will have the logo from 2001, etc. I don't believe all manual 120th anniversary cars have the same shift knob cap.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I am under the impression that the shifter logos on the 120th anniversary car are all unique, just as the door sill plates. Meaning vin xxxx1910 has a shifter emblem with the Cadillac logo from 1910, vin xxxx2001 will have the logo from 2001, etc. I don't believe all manual 120th anniversary cars have the same shift knob cap.
They do not!

Last edited:
That was my thought awhilebackago. I would like to be able to know the back story on ur research..??
What backstory? The cars we own obviously do not have an original Blackwing engine. I'm not disagreeing with you on that. The ct6v doesn't even come in a manual and a 1930s engine probably maxed out at 35 mph. These new logos were designated to our cars by the marketing team or engineers or whatever you want to call them. They are still officially called Blackwings. I love my car a lot and I like the tasteful design you originally posted that was designated to these cars that we currently own.

What backstory? The cars we own obviously do not have an original Blackwing engine. I'm not disagreeing with you on that. The ct6v doesn't even come in a manual and a 1930s engine probably maxed out at 35 mph. These new logos were designated to our cars by the marketing team or engineers or whatever you want to call them. They are still officially called Blackwings. I love my car a lot and I like the tasteful design you originally posted that was designated to these cars that we currently own.
Yes . Your research to be able to have the 120 Annie cap sourced. Nevermind.

Yes . Your research to be able to have the 120 Annie cap sourced. Nevermind.
Just made a bunch of phone calls and have a few family members that live in Michigan. I've been looking for the 120th medallion way before I found this thread I think it looks awesome.. so are we ok with getting close to the original design? I need at least 5 to 10 people on board or it's just not worth it.

Take the original 120th design delete the shift pattern, center the crest, and add more horizontal lines. Elegant without clutter. Get budgetary pricing then I’m in. I can do some CAD work on it, but won’t be for a while as most of my free time is booked up with outdoor activities. The winter here is my summer.

Last edited:
Take the original 120th design delete the shift pattern, center the crest, and add more horizontal lines. Elegant without clutter. Get budgetary pricing then I’m in. I can do some CAD work on it, but won’t be for a while as most of my free time is booked up with outdoor activities. The winter here is my summer.
Sounds good. But remember it's 3d printed high grade stainless steel won't be too cheap. I would say rough estimate expect maybe $250 a piece for 5ppl maybe less if we can get 10ppl.

What would be useful is a top down straight on view of the medallion. I suspect it’s going to be a lot more money than that for 5 pieces. The NRE alone I would suspect is ~$5K. Are you able to get a rough estimate from the shop for 5 and 10 pieces.

I only spoke to someone who works in their front office and told me I would have to submit an official proposal to get an accurate price but she said off the top of her head it would be north of $1000 for 5 pieces.

The
Continue..??
The forums were shut down all week that's why I said we're back in business. "The man" doesn't want us to have nicer shift medallions! 😜 Anyway I'm ready to move forward with an official proposal with the logo me and @rubberduck agreed upon as long as I know at least 5 people are officially on board. Just need to figure out if we need a cad file or if that simple photo edit will work. When can we get started on the cad file?

Last edited:
I believe I could draw up this model and have it 3d printed for much less than anyone has suggested so far. Does anyone have their original shifter medallion already pulled from the vehicle? If I had photos and a couple of measurements, I could easily draw this up in an hour. My car is in winter storage still and I have zero desire to tear my shifter apart right now.

Just got back from 7 days of camping.

The medallion and plastic insert are two separate pieces and unless one wants to separate them I’m not sure you’ll get all the measurements needed. If I was starting from scratch, the correct way to do this is 3D scan all the individual pieces. Since the supplier has made these parts before they must know the dimensions of all the pieces. That being said, a slight scale error may be acceptable to them as they can resale the CAD model. This is really the big unknown for me as to what they require and what they can work with given a maximum NRE budget. Also, I have not been able to find any straight top down high resolution photos of the 120 to work with.

Don’t worry though, this entire process should be as fast as getting an OEM CF splitter.

This was the best image I could find of the 120th.

Attachments

• IMG_2607photo-1.png
    IMG_2607photo-1.png
    257.2 KB · Views: 20
After one hour of research this is the closest top down emblem design I could find. Obviously we would only use the center crest portion. It's supposed to be from a 1920-1925 emblem. There are some noticeable differences from the 120th shifter emblem. Another thought is to solicit some of the members here that actually have the 120th car to take some photos. But not from a cell phone camera, there is too much barrel distortion at close distances, but from a real camera. @dwduck do you have some time to do that?

Cadillac Emblem 1925.png

Sure I can try to see who has one and ask them.. but I'm confused why we would even need to do that since we are not copying the 120th exactly and not including the shift pattern.. I already made the logo wouldn't we just need the diameter of the medallion and we just center the logo I made as best as possible then just run a bunch of horizontal lines behind it?
After one hour of research this is the closest top down emblem design I could find. Obviously we would only use the center crest portion. It's supposed to be from a 1920-1925 emblem. There are some noticeable differences from the 120th shifter emblem. Another thought is to solicit some of the members here that actually have the 120th car to take some photos. But not from a cell phone camera, there is too much barrel distortion at close distances, but from a real camera. @dwduck do you have some time to do that?

View attachment 24814

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop