Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Interior Noises

DonD

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing
I have a Road Atlants edition 4BW. I'm very happy with the car, zeo mechanical issues.

I do have a significant issue with plastic sounding squeaks in the interior. I've been all over the interior focusing on lose fasteners in the seat itself, nothing I can find that is lose. The noise does seem to be coming from the carbon fiber back of the seats.

No way in Hades am I going to try to remove the seat backing as i know nothing about how it is attached. Risk of serious and expensive damage. Will address it with the dealer when I take it in for an oil change late next week.

Has anyone else had such an issue? Thanks, Don

No interior squeaks from me but I have the base seats which supports your theory about the carbon fiber seat backs. Good luck.

I have a plastic rattle coming from the middle of the dash every time I take off from a stop due to the exhaust rattling at a certain frequency. Really fucking annoying and highlights the fact that all the plastics in this car feel like the cheapest plastic I've ever seen on anything, car or not. I have a suspicion that there's just cardboard underneath some of the 'soft touch' points in this car.

My 5BW doesn’t have any major rattles. I do get a rattle with my phone on the wireless charging pad if it’s not positioned just right. I have the airflow induced door panel buzzing issue above 65mph, but I recently discovered the mirror is setting off this resonance. Will probably take the door panel apart soon.

My previous car was a 19 AMG and it was a rattle box. I disassembled all the door panels and part of the headliner and fixed many of them. The Audi I had before that was very good. These days I think it’s kind of a crapshoot.

Last edited:
I have a plastic rattle coming from the middle of the dash every time I take off from a stop due to the exhaust rattling at a certain frequency. Really fucking annoying and highlights the fact that all the plastics in this car feel like the cheapest plastic I've ever seen on anything, car or not. I have a suspicion that there's just cardboard underneath some of the 'soft touch' points in this car.
Same here, same spot. 4BW?

My phone charging pad sometimes makes a rattle/buzz noise when it’s affected by certain drivetrain resonances, usually when pulling away from a stop. It can sound like it’s coming from the dash/vent area.

My number plate on the steering wheel is the only thing that rattles in mine. It's only on rough enough roads though. I'm dreading the speaker rattle if and when mine starts.

I won't use 6th gear because of a rattle in the back that I haven't ID'd yet. It's set off by the exhaust I'm sure of it at a certain frequency/resonance.

I won't use 6th gear because of a rattle in the back that I haven't ID'd yet. It's set off by the exhaust I'm sure of it at a certain frequency/resonance.
Look into the back deck over the speakers. Mine rattles when I play heavy bass music and also when I accidentally lug the engine.

Ditto on the 2k rpm exhaust rattle. Also have one coming from the dash/screen area, goes with exhaust and suspension bumps.

This could be from the rear view mirror housing. There is a plastic insert behind the mirror stalk. Especially if you have removed it to hardwire a radar detector, it can rattle with high frequency bumps. If you try putting your finger on it when you hear your rattle you can tell if it is the source that way. I wound up putting some black electrical tape along its seam and that 90% took care of it. Mine started after I popped that piece out and then reassembled for wiring purposes.

I had a similar rattle (buzz?) in my '22 4BW. Eventually I isolated it to the spot just right of the central vents in the dash by the windshield. I could make it stop with one-finger, light pressure - see first picture.. I showed it to the dealer's lead technician. Ran over some road reflectors to force it to make noise on the test ride. Once he heard/saw that, he was convinced it was real.

He fixed it after having it for a day. Looks like he replaced the Instrument Panel Upper Right Trim Panel, part (or procedure) 1032010. See write-up in second picture. 3.1 hours of labor, but no charge (under warranty).

FYI, I originally thought it was from the rear-view mirror housing, but I think the sound was bouncing off the windshield, which made it sound like it was coming from a higher position than it was.

Hope this helps!

2022 4BW dash rattle smaller.jpg
2023-09-12 Cadillac service record - buzzing noise front dash smaller.jpg

I had a similar rattle (buzz?) in my '22 4BW. Eventually I isolated it to the spot just right of the central vents in the dash by the windshield. I could make it stop with one-finger, light pressure - see first picture.. I showed it to the dealer's lead technician. Ran over some road reflectors to force it to make noise on the test ride. Once he heard/saw that, he was convinced it was real.

He fixed it after having it for a day. Looks like he replaced the Instrument Panel Upper Right Trim Panel, part (or procedure) 1032010. See write-up in second picture. 3.1 hours of labor, but no charge (under warranty).

FYI, I originally thought it was from the rear-view mirror housing, but I think the sound was bouncing off the windshield, which made it sound like it was coming from a higher position than it was.

Hope this helps!

View attachment 26213View attachment 26214
Nice job. Would be awesome if they were all this easy to resolve.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back