Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

For the sake of resale value I hope this is a mistake

if I wanted AT I would have gone Audi RS7 or Mercedes S580 (not a BMW type person), having owned both brands before. I had a B8 S4 for 8 years and it was a great car. Was actually shopping around for a S580 when I saw some 5BW Videos.

Never owned a Cadillac in 40+ years of driving. The LT4, 6-spd, and 4 doors was my hook into Cadillac. I’m a sedan person these days, liking the big roomy feel and nice ride the long wheelbase affords.
You could have written this about me. But I was looking at RS6 Avanti before I decided on the manual 5BW. Loved my B8 S4 6mt. My S6 was ok but needed a manual transmission! :)

I’m sorry I don’t follow.I had a C7 Corvette how would the drivetrain not fit ? It’s LSX and our cars are the Camaro platform what am I missing ?
My understanding is the trans tunnel was going to be too wide for the 7 speed to fit and still have the seat room they wanted.

Last edited:
So, here are a few CT5W BWs being significantly discounted! $10-11K off 3 cars and $10ish over on 5 others.

I’ve seen this kinda thing before and it likely could be a deceptive sales tactic. Similar to bait and switch. Anyone know the dealers reputation?

To me it seems the demand for these cars has been all but met. If you bought one of these for the purpose of making money on it, as in most cases with new vehicles, it's a bad idea. It appears the window for flipping these and making money has closed. Will it have value in the future? Say 30 years or so? Who knows! You bought a cool performance car. I doubt vehicles like this will be available much longer. That's why I bought mine. Just drive it and enjoy it. Don't worry about it's value and current discounts and incentives.

To me it seems the demand for these cars has been all but met. If you bought one of these for the purpose of making money on it, as in most cases with new vehicles, it's a bad idea. It appears the window for flipping these and making money has closed. Will it have value in the future? Say 30 years or so? Who knows! You bought a cool performance car. I doubt vehicles like this will be available much longer. That's why I bought mine. Just drive it and enjoy it. Don't worry about it's value and current discounts and incentives.

Agree 100%. Where I'm conflicted is if you have a current deal at MSRP that is awaiting allocation, are you potentially paying $10K too much? We'll see how wide spread we see discounts. I've inquired with this dealer about a particular car to see if this is real.

Agree 100%. Where I'm conflicted is if you have a current deal at MSRP that is awaiting allocation, are you potentially paying $10K too much? We'll see how wide spread we see discounts. I've inquired with this dealer about a particular car to see if this is real.
Maybe they will tell you the truth, maybe not. It could be one of those things where they say, yeah we have the car, when can you come down? Then when you get there they inform you it has been sold, but we have other cars for you to look at. Oldest play in the book.

The only way to know for sure if they’re selling a car for $10k off MSRP is the talk with someone that has bought a car for $10k off MSRP. I have not seen anyone on this forum get a 5 Blackwing for $10k off MSRP. I’m not saying it’s not possible, I just have not seen any evidence.

Last edited:
Crestview Cadillac is listing GM employee discount pricing. They say that most people in metro Detroit have that discount available to them.

Last edited:
You could have written this about me. But I was looking at RS6 Avanti before I decided on the manual 5BW. Loved my B8 S4 6mt. My S6 was ok but needed a manual transmission! :)
Oh, wow!! Love the 5BW but wouldn’havef passed up the RS6 Avanti. I know there is a substantial window sticker price difference, but the Avanti is something else. Anyway, enjoy!

Why are they taking $10k off some, but adding $10k to others? Older inventory, equipment? Game playing? Very odd.

I looked at a couple of them and they have no carbon fiber packages or seats. I would expect them to be slow movers given an upcoming refresh.

It looks like the crestview price is GM employee pricing

Why are they taking $10k off some, but adding $10k to others? Older inventory, equipment? Game playing? Very odd.

$10K off is with employee pricing. $10K over is without. Just got off the phone with them.

The fact that BW are now eligible for employee pricing is telling. But a $20K swing in price is silly. Still curious if anyone has actually done business with them.

Can you retro fit the carbon package on afterwards from the dealer?
Sure. I’ve done the OEM CF spoiler, but have been waiting since December on my splitter order.

What refresh?
People keep saying there is a coming refresh with no actual evidence. Honestly I wouldn't be completely shocked if 2024 is the end of the line for the current Blackwings with only the CT5 and CT5-V receiving any kind of refresh after that. It really is going to depend on if GM thinks a refresh of the current BW is even worth the effort or if its time to start moving some of the higher end sedans over to electric.

$10K off is with employee pricing. $10K over is without. Just got off the phone with them.

The fact that BW are now eligible for employee pricing is telling. But a $20K swing in price is silly. Still curious if anyone has actually done business with them.
I wonder if they really are or, if that's just a bait and switch tactic being used by the dealership. I just checked Educator Discount (which is the same as Supplier Discount) and it states that Blackwings are still excluded.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back