Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Watch the TPC code for replacement tires

I've tried to forget about the abomination of those monikers from the time.
LOL.

I like them only for the FWD or Fiero swaps that the FWD LS V8 offers my childhood dreams. My first car was FWD GM so I will always be a softy.

<---Z24 driver in the mid/late 90's. A part of me wishes I still had it. Then again, I would say that about every car I ever owned.

<---Z24 driver in the mid/late 90's. A part of me wishes I still had it. Then again, I would say that about every car I ever owned.
We had an '88 Z24 that was stolen for parts in the mid 90's lol. My '91 Beretta GT, I Getrag swapped it in my college parking garage lol.

I had a Chevy Citation X-11 when I was in High School. Was it a cool car? No. Did I think it was a cool car? Damn right I did. :D
They are actually pretty cool today. If I was at a C&C and a mint one came in behind an red F360 I wouldn't even notice the Ferrari lol.

Huh. I have 8 305/30-19's in bags in the garage right now. I just went out to check. They are 55gal. You may have 42gal bags. Those are also labeled as 'contractor bags'. The 305's will not fit in 42gal.
I was wrong - I have Hefty contractor bags, 55 gal - box says they are 3' x 4'4" - I did have "help" from a toddler when I was trying to get this done so it's possible that this was user error!

What would happen if you installed a set of Pilots that were not the correct TPC?
I have Cup 2s and PS4s on each of my cars. The TPC spec is a nice hybrid of both. You would give up some grip with non TPC spec. If you go to a full Cup 2, they will cost more, not last as long and I find them a bit scarier in the rain.

I was wrong - I have Hefty contractor bags, 55 gal - box says they are 3' x 4'4" - I did have "help" from a toddler when I was trying to get this done so it's possible that this was user error!
Last update: These Hefty 55gal bags *might* just squeak around the unmounted 275s - probably equally likely to work as to tear, but the 305s aren't going in them. Look for something with an opening wider than the 36" on these.
55gal.jpg

When I was a kid I thought the Cavalier Z24 in blue/silver was the coolest car ever - it was my dream car!

When I was a kid I thought the Cavalier Z24 in blue/silver was the coolest car ever - it was my dream car!
That was the color of our '88!

Last update: These Hefty 55gal bags *might* just squeak around the unmounted 275s - probably equally likely to work as to tear, but the 305s aren't going in them. Look for something with an opening wider than the 36" on these.
View attachment 6952

This is what I have going on...

Those are 305/30-19 RE-71R's. New and unmounted.

IMG_8827.jpg

These are the bags I am using. Perhaps because they are 'liners'?

IMG_8828.jpg

PSA for those of you receiving your BW's in the middle of winter.

These pictures are from a ZL1 that was sitting new in the dealer showroom. It had been in the lot at the plant and then loaded and shipped (via car carrier) at the end of January.

20220202_094710.jpg20220202_094734.jpg

CHECK YOUR TIRES!

PSA for those of you receiving your BW's in the middle of winter.

These pictures are from a ZL1 that was sitting new in the dealer showroom. It had been in the lot at the plant and then loaded and shipped (via car carrier) at the end of January.

View attachment 7006View attachment 7007

CHECK YOUR TIRES!

We don't drive our cars if it's less than 40 degrees outside. Both have PS4S's on them.

Update on the original post: Went back to Cadillac dealer to get the right tire installed today, which they ordered from Tirerack....and it turned out to be the same non-TPC tire. So either they ordered it incorrectly, or Tirerack sent the wrong one. We then talked about TPC codes again since Tirerack service told them some bullshit, and I referred them to the owner's manual which clearly explains what it means. Either way, it seems hard to track down so far...at least they're trying and being helpful about it :)

Side note: The steering felt just a little off. I asked the dealer to do an alignment check and it was a bit out of spec on the front toe-in and steering angle was a bit off too, with only ~1200 miles of pretty easy driving. The good news was that the dealer said alignment service is covered under warranty for 7500 miles, which was surprising.

Bumping an old thread as I got a flat yesterday and Discount Tire replaced one of the rears with a non-TPC tire. If it's not going to seriously affect anything I may just leave as-is for now and then buy a full new set when that time comes.

Interestingly on TireRack right now, for the 4BW the front TPC is only two dollars more and the rear TPC is 9 dollars cheaper...

Front TPC $295.99
Front Non-TPC $293.99
Rear TPC $323.99
Rear Non-TPC $332.99

Bumping an old thread as I got a flat yesterday and Discount Tire replaced one of the rears with a non-TPC tire. If it's not going to seriously affect anything I may just leave as-is for now and then buy a full new set when that time comes.

Interestingly on TireRack right now, for the 4BW the front TPC is only two dollars more and the rear TPC is 9 dollars cheaper...

Front TPC $295.99
Front Non-TPC $293.99
Rear TPC $323.99
Rear Non-TPC $332.99
The TPC is a different compound. They will probably wear different, and if you are tracking I'd get a TPC tire.

Since we’re on the subject of tires anyone size up from OEM? My last car I was able to get a little better straight line traction without any rubbing by going up to 305’s instead of 295’s in the rear

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back