Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwings and Watches

822E3C55-4197-4C12-A2A2-4AC34A6E3A89.jpeg

Has anyone been looking into the Watches and Wonders 2023 from Geneva? Some spectacular new watches have been released. Certainly the Rolex fans like TS must be clamoring for some of the new models. Patek has some cool new releases (never owned one, but the black and yellow 6007G looks awesome, and can also come with red or blue accents for those needing to match their calipers). Longines and Grand Seiko have cool new chronos.

The one that has caught my eye is right here. I owned a Chopard 8HF blackened titanium / ceramic in the past and loved it. Never owned a salmon dial, but I believe I will give this one a shot.

chopard_7513901.jpg
chopard_7513886.jpg

Has anyone been looking into the Watches and Wonders 2023 from Geneva? Some spectacular new watches have been released. Certainly the Rolex fans like TS must be clamoring for some of the new models. Patek has some cool new releases (never owned one, but the black and yellow 6007G looks awesome, and can also come with red or blue accents for those needing to match their calipers). Longines and Grand Seiko have cool new chronos.

The one that has caught my eye is right here. I owned a Chopard 8HF blackened titanium / ceramic in the past and loved it. Never owned a salmon dial, but I believe I will give this one a shot.
That looks great! Some of the Rolex releases were certainly... surprising... but I'm still left waiting for New Coke or a Titanium Sub.

Personally the one that's got me thinking about getting out my credit card is an acquired taste, but I'm a sucker for a California dial🤤

Pam1349_Cat_Sdr_Ccopy.jpg

That looks great! Some of the Rolex releases were certainly... surprising... but I'm still left waiting for New Coke or a Titanium Sub.

Personally the one that's got me thinking about getting out my credit card is an acquired taste, but I'm a sucker for a California dial🤤

Pam1349_Cat_Sdr_Ccopy.jpg
I forgot to mention Tudor, they have some nice new pieces too, especially the one with the opaline dial.

I love Panerai and back in the early 2000s collected them quite a bit. I also like the Cali dial you show, and the other version with the numerals. Can't beat a good Radiomir.

Not to change the subject but how many of you use a watch winder and do you keep all of your mechanicals on a winder or only those in rotation?

My wife gifted me a 4 pod watch winder and I find that all of my watches run slower or faster but they never keep great time.

Not to change the subject but how many of you use a watch winder and do you keep all of your mechanicals on a winder or only those in rotation?

My wife gifted me a 4 pod watch winder and I find that all of my watches run slower or faster but they never keep great time.
I don't think the winder will 'hurt' (or overwind) a modern automatic but I gave up on mine because I learned that I enjoy manually setting and winding most of them. Annual and triple (or heaven forbid perpetual) calendars would probably benefit most being put on a winder.

A good winder that only oscillates the watch 12 hours out of every 24 and set at the proper rate and direction is generally considered safe.

I was watching a show about high end watches. The speaker actually stated that if you don't wear an automatic watch enough......you should NOT keep it in a winder. Its like keeping your engine running while your car is parked and you are asleep. It only causes additional wear and tear and will require expensive servicing more often.
I guess it made some sense.

I was watching a show about high end watches. The speaker actually stated that if you don't wear an automatic watch enough......you should NOT keep it in a winder. Its like keeping your engine running while your car is parked and you are asleep. It only causes additional wear and tear and will require expensive servicing more often.
I guess it made some sense.

True if you use a cheap winder.

A good winder winds a watch on a 12 hours on, 12 hours off duty cycle with a choice of clockwise, counterclockwise, or bi-directional movements and a selectable number of TPD (turns per day). The specs for each watch manufacturer’s watch movements are readily available. The turning motion is likely more gentle than your own wrist.

Some nice watches in this thread - I tried getting into watches a few years ago with a couple Rolex's and ended up keeping a Panda for a while, but never really got the interest to stick. Always found myself worried I'd scratch it or something and would always just opt for the Apple Watch when I left in the morning. Do enjoy seeing other peoples collections though and all the unique combos.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back