Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwings and Watches

Keen eye! Custom 24. We've had watches, whiskey, are axes next?

I've always been a Dave Grissom fan and his playing introduced me to PRS. No one does maple tops like PRS.

I've maxed out on the guitars I want but there's always a spot for a PRS if I can find one I like.

Now if I can just get my hands on the BW!

I want this but I don't want this... Opinions?
h24535331.png
What does it matter as long as you like it. I personally would not wear that, but I’m pretty conservative.

I would suggest firearms next, but most of us have lost them all in boating accidents.
We'd have to make a separate password protected thread or something. People tend to get butt hurt when you show off certain things.

Although, to you fellow law-abiding, firearm owning Americans, I would be curious to see (DM me if you'd prefer) your CC holster set up in the BW cockpit. I've considered one of those magnetic holsters that goes on the underside of the dash but I find the driver seat area a bit cramped on space. The door jam would fit my VP9 in it's sticky holster but that's a very awkward draw.

I vote No on that watch.

I would also be interested in the holster setups. :)

I'll contribute a bit this thread, since I'm still in the market for a Blackwing and don't have any photos for other threads at the moment!

Here's an old gold chronograph that was my Grandfather's watch. He picked it up in the late '40's and I had it refurbished several years ago to get it running again. I rarely wear it, but it's neat to have for the family history.
IMG_4511.jpeg

This Breitling was my Dad's watch that he gave to me when I first started working on my commercial pilot's license. My Mom gave it to him in the early '70's when he got his private pilot's license.
IMG_4514.jpeg

I picked up this Seadweller 116600 as a 50th birthday present to myself. It's kind of neat since they were a really short run watch and you rarely see them. I should tuck it away, but it quickly became my daily watch and pretty much the only one I ever wear.
IMG_6761.jpeg

I wore this Breitling Emergency during my flying years in Alaska. Sadly I let it go a few years to fund another watch purchase and have been kicking myself since!!
thumb_IMG_1713_1024.jpeg

Holsters, many ways to go, but hypothetically speaking I would always keep my firearm on my person. The chances of having to exit the vehicle quickly during an “emergency” I believe are greater than using the firearm from the vehicle.

Holsters, many ways to go, but hypothetically speaking I would always keep my firearm on my person. The chances of having to exit the vehicle quickly during an “emergency” I believe are greater than using the firearm from the vehicle.
Hypothetically speaking, inside the waistband holster at 4 o'clock. It digs in a little bit bc of the seat side bolster. But hey, wearing a weapon isn't supposed to be comfortable, right? It's more like a constant reminder to be responsible & restrained at all times. Plus, wearing it means in the event of a collision & one is incapacitated, the weapon is less likely to disappear as it will most likely be traveling with you &/or the pros rendering aid.

Hypothetically speaking, inside the waistband holster at 4 o'clock. It digs in a little bit bc of the seat side bolster. But hey, wearing a weapon isn't supposed to be comfortable, right? It's more like a constant reminder to be responsible & restrained at all times. Plus, wearing it means in the event of a collision & one is incapacitated, the weapon is less likely to disappear as it will most likely be traveling with you &/or the pros rendering aid.
All good points. I, hypothetically, would only really carry on long drives. IWB for 4+ hours gets rather uncomfortable. Not allowed to bring one to work so it stays at home otherwise.

I would probably hypothetically carry IWB or OWB at 3 o'clock and use a small thin pad on the seat behind the grip to protect the nice expensive seats.

Definitely agree. That said, often I just keep a gun in the car even though I almost always carry IWB to the side. It's just nice to have as a second option. Plus, my girlfriend is in law enforcement (I'm a retired LEO) and since she generally doesn't carry off duty very much, it's nice to have it there for her too, just in case.
Awesome post sir! Some great watches and cool stories behind them!
Thanks. I've always loved hearing a good story about someone having a (watch/car/motorcycle/gun) for a very long time with a bit of history.

Never ever ever ever never leave a firearm in a vehicle. Ever. Never.

Best anti theft device in your car? A manual transmission. 😂

I had no idea the G-Shocks could be so expensive, $4K for a digital watch, wow!

View attachment 17037
Everyone needs at least one G-shock to wear whenever they may be putting their life at risk!!
Mine has a very similar look to that one (a $4k shock watch is nuts!) for 1/27th of the price!! 😅

Attachments

• 1763D310-B585-4C1C-9C9B-7A2196CD937B.jpeg
    1763D310-B585-4C1C-9C9B-7A2196CD937B.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 56

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace