Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwings and Watches

I think you do have to look at Panerai movements. I like the P9010 movement. I'm still looking for a PAM01351. Love the look of the watches and the Ti case to boot. Should have never sold mine.

After seeing the GS above I'm now hunting for a nice GS watch.

Happy Thursday fellas.

Panerai PAM372 here. OG, this one is listed as 47mm, which is very large for a watch, but that measurement refers to case size. The dial, I would have to try and measure that. Most Panerais are extremely legible, as the brand started as an Italian Navy instruments company, and visibility under water was the key design criteria.

View attachment 16769

Now, here is a photo of the same watch in the CT4-V BW I briefly owned. Which allows me to highlight a great feature of the car most overlook... the sueded, soft touch door trim above the armrest. Perfect for placing your arm without fear of scratching a fine timepiece on abrasive material (y)

View attachment 16770
You SOB😉... That's awesome! Panerai watches was the first watch that inspired me to own mechanical watches.

I don't have the wrist to pull that off, biggest I go is 44mm.

Last edited:
You SOB... That's awesome!

I don't have the wrist to pull that off, biggest I go is 44mm.
42 to 43 is my max and that rules out a majority of the PAMs. I like the Luminor 40 and submersible 42, but they use the P.900.

Oris Artelier James Morrison.
20230210_073906.jpg

Here's a stock photo, I couldn't get the lightening right, it's a very deep blue. I swapped the band as I'm saving this watch for my 2nd son when he turns 21.
1676044424845.png

I love a good watch that has an intense "lume" for night. I saw a story where they used to use radioactive paint to mark the dial. The woman that painted the dials used to lick the tips of the brushes to get a nice point. Sadly, they did not live long after the radiation poisoning set in. Timex does make the nice Indiglo watches.
If you like lume for night -- you should look into Ball watches. They use glass tubes filled with tritium gas (yes, radioactive gas). Only downside is the luminosity fades after ~10 yrs. Ball says they can be "recharged" by having the dial replaced.

If you like lume for night -- you should look into Ball watches. They use glass tubes filled with tritium gas (yes, radioactive gas). Only downside is the luminosity fades after ~10 yrs. Ball says they can be "recharged" by having the dial replaced.
I have 2 Ball watches, one of them is 14 years old and the tubes are fine. You can have them repaired too.

Anybody have a recommendation for a “cheap” watch brand? My current one broke. I’m almost embarrassed to say how much (little) I’d like to spend. Let’s just say I don’t care about watches and don’t want to spend much on one, but I also don’t want to be uninformed and buy a piece of crap. Rather buy a Honda than the Hyundai, if ya know what I mean.

Anybody have a recommendation for a “cheap” watch brand? My current one broke. I’m almost embarrassed to say how much (little) I’d like to spend. Let’s just say I don’t care about watches and don’t want to spend much on one, but I also don’t want to be uninformed and buy a piece of crap. Rather buy a Honda than the Hyundai, if ya know what I mean.
Seiko.

I would recommend the Seiko diver 200 Solar. I have one I use for camping trips. I bought it online from Japan. Japan is really the best place to get them from, wide selection and good prices.

Seiko 5 are the best watch for under $100. You can spend another $100 to $150 and get a Seiko SARB which, fit and finish rivals a $400 watch.

There are dozens of styles you really can't go wrong. You'll never have to change a battery. I have had my seiko 5 for 10 years, and I wore it daily for 5 years. Still keeps amazing time even for mechanical automatic watch.

Also, you can go with a quartz or mechanical in Hamilton, Victorinox( formally swiss army), Junkers and Tissot.

Last edited:
I would recommend the Seiko diver 200 Solar. I have one I use for camping trips. I bought it online from Japan. Japan is really the best place to get them from, wide selection and good prices.
Ive bought from that guy, I had an issue with my SARB and he took it back. He's totally legit and very good to do business with.

That really is where we should all be focusing our energy. Not getting my Blackwing badge yet has my life in disarray. I am having a hard time sleeping, I'm more grumpy around the house and at work, and I'm comfort eating more with junk food. I'm in a downward spiral. I need that badge to come soon before I gain 50lbs and my wife kicks me out of the house.

I still don't have my damn badge. Thinking about dumping my Blackwing. It's worthless without that badge.

So…. No bw yet…. But here’s my Seiko SPB187 watch I modded with the save the ocean Manta dial and MM300 hands. Any my… bmw 3 series…. With a 4 cylinder

But it’s a manual transmission, damnit!
Is that a PRS on the right?

I agree with those saying seiko. I have turtle and a 5, both mechanical. The turtle was $250ish and the 5 was 135. Amazing quality for the money.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back