Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Update installation

SC-CTV4BLKWING

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
eventually 2023 CT4-VBW
I've been getting update notifications since yesterday morning and have hit install update, but it never seems to do anything as I'm prompted again to do an update when I turn the car off, this morning it happened again, so I actually set it to install at 1:30 a.m. hoping that it will finally update, anyone else having this issue. BTW, haven't really paid attention to what is supposed to be updated...

Did your car have a clear signal where you parked it overnight? If not, leave it outside for 90 minutes if not overnight and that typically works.

Did your car have a clear signal where you parked it overnight? If not, leave it outside for 90 minutes if not overnight and that typically works.
The first time I tried it - it was outside and the third time it was outside, this morning was the 4th time I got the prompt but unfortunately it will be in my garage when it's supposed to have the download/update.

I just got a notification for this update....I don't have the car with me....did anyone try it yet?
Screenshot_20230328-093339.png

I got the same notice this morning. Haven't had time to do yet.

I just installed it. The description is the DRL recall but the app is still showing the recall is needed. Maybe that takes time to update...

I just installed it. The description is the DRL recall but the app is still showing the recall is needed. Maybe that takes time to update...
The dealer did mine last week Thursday or Friday, and said it takes a few days to update in the system. My Cadillac App still shows 'Non-Compliance Recall'. I find this stupid and likely human related. If the data is input, the system should be updated.
Something is wrong with GM, dealers, service techs, and their inability to use technology. Real-time updates should be pretty easy at this point. When a service issue trips a warning light in the vehicle, I get the notification right away from the Cad app. Same connected system.

I had mine done almost three weeks ago at the dealer. The website took an day or two to update. It shows the recall was done. Very odd.

The recall warning is now gone from the app too. Makes me happy. I didn't want to do the 50+ mile roundtrip to the dealer just for an update that can be done with a flash drive.

Edit: Never mind. Still showing the recall in the app.

Last edited:
Here is the screenshot from the app.

Attachments

• IMG_3832.png
    IMG_3832.png
    249.1 KB · Views: 115
Well the one I posted had a different number....sorry I thought you were responding to my post with the notification image
Too much going on today. I looked at the update twice and thought I was looking at the same number. My bad.

I did the DRL recall update on Friday afternoon and the notice in the app didn't clear until the following day.

Did mine today as well. "GM N22-238693" - "A variety of software improvements to make your in-vehicle experience better." Sounds like an infotainment update.

Attachments

• GM Update.png
    GM Update.png
    158.4 KB · Views: 62
LOL, tried the GM N22-238693 update today (popped up as available yesterday) and got a failure. Tried several times with same result. One time it said something like the car was not in a state where the update could be done (whatever that means). Eventually, it said if the problem continued, see the dealer. Then, it acted like there was no update to do and when I asked it to look for updates, it said there were none to be found. I'll let some time go by and see what it does.

Did the update today. The car will be disabled for up to one hour while the update occurs. It looks like the update needs to be manually confirmed before it will install.

I have found that updates often fail when I am parked in the garage even with excellent WiFi connection. But leaving the car outside in the driveway for the update has never failed. Seems that some form of connectivity to GM cell/satellite network is required where weak or no signal will cause it to fail. At least in my experience.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back