Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V What Don't You Like About Your CT4-V Blackwing

Cadillac CT4-V model
For those with the A10: Does the transmission auto-upshift at redline in manual mode?

My start up routine is start, put her in neutral, park brake, then by the time that is done the AA is linked and I hit the button and my spotify starts.
Wait, you put the parking brake on after you start the car? :unsure:

Wait, you put the parking brake on after you start the car? :unsure:
lol, I take it off. 6MT.

Although I've noticed if you're in gear and apply slight pressure to the gas while it's engaged, it will automatically release the brake.

lol, I take it off. 6MT.

Although I've noticed if you're in gear and apply slight pressure to the gas while it's engaged, it will automatically release the brake.
That was my next question...you don't need to disengage it, it does it automatically if you just drive away.

That was my next question...you don't need to disengage it, it does it automatically if you just drive away.
Force of habit. Used to manual E-brake. Some of this modern tech seems superfluous.

That aside, is it just me or are the parking proximity sensors a bit delayed? I can't tell if they only respond when I have the clutch engaged or if there's throttle application but they seem intermittent most days.

Old school. I recall the days of my youth when you were cool if you had the cassette with the aux dongle that stuck out.

Sounds like you have an old phone. Bluetooth works well too!
One thing I don't like is how the radio jumps to AA instead of my last input settings. I prefer the usb too, running a short cable to a 32 GB thumb drive in the console with 300+ albums on it in random mode. Better than Amazon Prime Music which seems to grab odd music at times. Anyway, many times it defaults to my phone even though I almost always was using usb.

Sounds like you have an old phone.

Inexpensive phone. Motorola Moto G7. About $250 when I bought it 3 years ago.

After having two successive $600 Samsung phones each last about 3 years before dying, I went with an inexpensive Motorola. This is the first time in 3 years I have found it missing any features I might want.

LOL, I bought a new phone to get rid of the tether. 🙂

A friend who has a car with wired-only Android Auto bought a USB Bluetooth dongle. He loves it.

I prefer the usb too ... a 32 GB thumb drive in the console with 300+ albums on it in random mode.

This is the way. Nothing like hearing Rage Against the Machine and ABBA back-to-back.

I also have folders of new, interesting stuff downloaded from YouTube. I created a "Cadillac" folder with several new-to-me songs from the "1st Song" thread. After listening to my traditional first song (Boston's More Than A Feeling) during my drive home from the dealer, I listened to the Cadillac-themed songs.

Attachments

• 20230212_170112~2.jpg
    20230212_170112~2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 142
  • 20230212_170058 1.jpg
    20230212_170058 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 139
I a little late but here she is with the stealth wrap and after a detail.

No filter....just pure sexy!

Xpel stealth and ceramic coat and maintenance is a breeze too. Not to mention pristine paint beneath. Expensive but worth it IMHO.

Does anyone else randomly get either the blackwing logo, the v logo, or the Cadillac crest on the gauge cluster when you get in the car? I can't figure out the reason why it's not always the blackwing logo. I'm always in my mode, not like it switching around or anything.

Does anyone else randomly get either the blackwing logo, the v logo, or the Cadillac crest on the gauge cluster when you get in the car? I can't figure out the reason why it's not always the blackwing logo. I'm always in my mode, not like it switching around or anything.
This is normal..... Next time get in the car and do nothing and watch the dash and the radio...... If you get in to quick and start the car you will not see it...

I gotta go with no. No vibrations. It's pretty tight. Lots of tire noise, which I'm not used to. I do wish the exhaust was louder.
Ive got an annoying dash buzz/rattle that appears to be at the plastic/pleather junction of the dash, just to the passenger side of the center dash speaker. Applying light hand pressure while driving makes it stop but is, clearly, not a permanent fix.

Ive got an annoying dash buzz/rattle that appears to be at the plastic/pleather junction of the dash, just to the passenger side of the center dash speaker. Applying light hand pressure while driving makes it stop but is, clearly, not a permanent fix.
The plastic base/lid of the wireless phone charger area rattles on mine.

So far my biggest annoyance is the absurd plastic cover over the positive battery terminal that you cant remove without tearing apart the whole trunk. Im on the road for work 2 weeks at a time and leave my car on the tender routinely so not having the pigtail connected to the battery and having to bootleg it off the engine bay connections is lame.

My second biggest gripe is that the car seems to be a magnet for mentally disabled drivers that are hell bent on finding new and exciting ways of demonstrating their inability to operate their vehicle competently.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back