Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V What Don't You Like About Your CT4-V Blackwing

Cadillac CT4-V model
Has anyone gotten an annoying vibration/resonance at ~2k rpm from the sport or above exhaust settings? It sounds like it's coming from the rear right headliner area.
I gotta go with no. No vibrations. It's pretty tight. Lots of tire noise, which I'm not used to. I do wish the exhaust was louder.

As a former M2C owner, zipping past 7k in 2,3,4 was one of the funnest parts. As you point out, pointless really, but still lots of fun and where the thrashiness of the exhaust worked.
Once my break-in is done, I do think shifting (pun? kinda intended) my mental model of when I should be changing will be one of the things to get past for sure.
I think you'll be fine. It's a very audible car thankfully so you can hear when it's time to shift. Was your M2C manual or DCT? I feel it will probably be an easier transition going from DCT to manual than manual to manual.

I think you'll be fine. It's a very audible car thankfully so you can hear when it's time to shift. Was your M2C manual or DCT? I feel it will probably be an easier transition going from DCT to manual than manual to manual.
I had a manual. I've yet to own an automatic in 30yrs of car ownership.
One of the appealing things of the BW :)

The location of the CEL. It’s hidden behind the steering wheel. If I hadn’t of received a text and an email regarding it, I would have never know as there was no drive ability issues. I’ll update the CEL in a separate post when I find out what’s up.

1900 miles on the clock and so far my rando nitpicking list is:

- turning radius: it's not block the Suez bad, but I do feel like a few tugboats at times could help
- dash reflects onto the windscreen when sunny. The cheap plastic on top of the dash is really shiny, some faux alcantara or leather would be duller and really reduce it.
- no throttle option in My Mode: actually this one effs me off. Zero point not having it there, except to differentiate My Mode from V Mode. I get the marketing schtick, but we have 2 My modes, so give them both the same settings.
- it's popular: I have to talk to strangers now.
- center storage: be shallow. Be narrow. Please don't be both. Oh you're both.
- no sunglass storage. Same as my M2C at least. But convenient sunglass storage is so...um... convenient.
- steering wheel gets slippy when hot out and giving it the beans. I need to look at my options list or maybe the interior combo negated it, but an alcantara wheel would be great.

- no throttle option in My Mode: actually this one effs me off. Zero point not having it there, except to differentiate My Mode from V Mode. I get the marketing schtick, but we have 2 My modes, so give them both the same settings.

I don't believe most companies allow throttle mapping changes to automatically apply during start up.

Yep. I have and it's incredibly annoying. It doesn't do it in touring/stealth/whatever, but any setting above that and it does.

It's the kind of rattle I would expect if I'd changed the exhaust or downpipes, but for it to vibrate on a stock exhaust is kinda disappointing. I shouldn't have to enjoy the factory exhaust settings (regardless of level) with a side of rattles.
Hey Guys,

First post here, just started browsing earlier today. Excellent forum so far :)

I too experienced the vibrations in my right rear door area, I even made a point to record a video of it, and forward it to my sales associate, just to confirm it existed before I got the windows tinted. Anyway, I was able to troubleshoot my issue for the most part (perhaps it's not the same issue for you guys). I determined that the bottom of the rear door panel (plastic) is not actually secured at the bottom and there is some wiggle room between the panel and metal of the door. There's 3 or 4 areas where there are tabs on the panel that stick out and rest against the door (you can slide a finger under the bottom edge and feel these spots). I was able to place a bit of dampening material, roughly postage-stamp sized squares, behind the plastic tabs, between the door panel and the door. 95% of the rattle was gone, it's only the rarest resonant frequency that I get a brief rattle on occasion, and I believe it's because I didn't pad the front most tab (in line with the passengers seatbelt mounting position). When I took delivery it happened every time I rolled out, at basically 2100rpm with the exhaust valves open. I hope this works/ helps for you guys. I was reluctant to have them start ripping the car apart, for the obvious reasons, so I was really happy to find an at home solution without having to remove door panels on a car with 100 miles.

Last edited:
First post here, just started browsing earlier today.

Welcome!

This is a most excellent first post. Rattles are one of the things that drove me crazy about my (recently-traded) '18 WRX STI. With the Blackwing, I was hoping to putting all that behind me. My 4BW is not here yet (it's scheduled to be built week after next), but this anti-rattle "mod" will be near the top of my list of things to do.

Thanks!

Few items on my list also =

"favorites" radio channel feature is wonky
minimal back seating area
lots of road noise (unsure if it's the tires or lack of insulation)
engine will automatically shut down if idling for a time (trying to stay cool in this heat wave)
dash radio grille had to be replaced (warranty)
lower rear diffuser had bad clips (warranty)

all in all it's a well thought out screamer

engine will automatically shut down if idling for a time (trying to stay cool in this heat wave)

Apparently a feature rather than a bug, per the owner's manual:

Extended Parking

If the vehicle is left parked and running with the remote key outside the vehicle, it will continue to run for up to 15 minutes

If the vehicle is left parked and running with the remote key inside the vehicle, it will continue to run for up to 30 minutes.

Hey Guys,

First post here, just started browsing earlier today. Excellent forum so far :)

I too experienced the vibrations in my right rear door area, I even made a point to record a video of it, and forward it to my sales associate, just to confirm it existed before I got the windows tinted. Anyway, I was able to troubleshoot my issue for the most part (perhaps it's not the same issue for you guys). I determined that the bottom of the rear door panel (plastic) is not actually secured at the bottom and there is some wiggle room between the panel and metal of the door. There's 3 or 4 areas where there are tabs on the panel that stick out and rest against the door (you can slide a finger under the bottom edge and feel these spots). I was able to place a bit of dampening material, roughly postage-stamp sized squares, behind the plastic tabs, between the door panel and the door. 95% of the rattle was gone, it's only the rarest resonant frequency that I get a brief rattle on occasion, and I believe it's because I didn't pad the front most tab (in line with the passengers seatbelt mounting position). When I took delivery it happened every time I rolled out, at basically 2100rpm with the exhaust valves open. I hope this works/ helps for you guys. I was reluctant to have them start ripping the car apart, for the obvious reasons, so I was really happy to find an at home solution without having to remove door panels on a car with 100 miles.
glad you got it sorted! I just realized that I never posted an update on mine either. I too didn't want to start tearing things apart but isolated my issue to the right rear headliner. I made a service appointment and the day before had the windows tinted. the headliner must not have been fully clipped in as it seemed to sit a little higher when I got it back (is now level, was a bit off before it seemed). the dude tinting it must have just punched it up and clipped it in. made it to the dealer trying to make it happen again and couldn't. I pulled in got my missing v badge and said thanks but its fixed and left haha.

I've gotten 3 dealer survey requests to ask if I was satisfied with this visit 😂

Had it for two days and LOVE it!! But, I want it to be louder ... any ideas? I have it in "My Mode" with engine sound all the way up. Maybe I am too used to driving my Miata which has a header and aftermarket exhaust and, well, no sound deadening since it's a Miata...

I rarely drive at night, the other night I used the wireless charger and noticed the little light that lights up the charging pad. It was reflecting on my phone, anyone else annoyed by this? I guess Ill buy some tape....lol

I can echo what a few people have said on here.
The serious stuff:
Slight notch in second gear. I can feel it occasionally where it will either pop the shift stalk back into neutral or prevent me going into 2nd. Firmer shifts can fix this but I would rather it looked at.

Also, the alarm system going off. This is probably my biggest pet peeve. I have only had it happen once but now I just leave my car unlocked when at home or at work. I plan to have these two looked at when I take it to the dealer.

The small stuff:
Having to press the brake pedal when releasing the parking brake. If I'm in neutral or clutch in and the car is barely moving, then just let me set the parking brake! I'm sure this is a safety issue but it's just so counter intuitive. I don't even mind the button on the left side.

Having to turn on rev match every time I turn on the car. Yes, I'm sure this can also be a software fix.

The boost gauge being in mm hg. Why can't I set it to psi?

I wish I could turn the parking sensor view any time I'm under 5mph. It comes on randomly and it's usually AFTER I've parked.

This car really doesn't get enough credit as to how much you can customize and set. It truly is a pleasure to drive and I feel like I've only explored 10% of what it offers.

I can echo what a few people have said on here.
The serious stuff:
Slight notch in second gear. I can feel it occasionally where it will either pop the shift stalk back into neutral or prevent me going into 2nd. Firmer shifts can fix this but I would rather it looked at.

Also, the alarm system going off. This is probably my biggest pet peeve. I have only had it happen once but now I just leave my car unlocked when at home or at work. I plan to have these two looked at when I take it to the dealer.

The small stuff:
Having to press the brake pedal when releasing the parking brake. If I'm in neutral or clutch in and the car is barely moving, then just let me set the parking brake! I'm sure this is a safety issue but it's just so counter intuitive. I don't even mind the button on the left side.

Having to turn on rev match every time I turn on the car. Yes, I'm sure this can also be a software fix.

The boost gauge being in mm hg. Why can't I set it to psi?

I wish I could turn the parking sensor view any time I'm under 5mph. It comes on randomly and it's usually AFTER I've parked.

This car really doesn't get enough credit as to how much you can customize and set. It truly is a pleasure to drive and I feel like I've only explored 10% of what it offers.

The parking brake automatically releases if you try to drive off. In fact it's key to the hill start feature. On a hill set the parking break, then drive off to release it with no roll back... so says the owner's manual.

Doesn't the boost guage change if when you set the English or metric units?

The parking sensors on these new cars all seem to have to learn when I'm parking. I didn't realize I pull into parking spaces so fast. The ones on our Murano don't operate at anything over 3mph. Half the time they don't kick on until I'm almost parked and shutting down the car lol.

Last edited:
The boost gauge reads in psi for positive pressure and Hg because that how it reads negative pressure. @Mirza Grebovic explained this once and I'm probably saying it wrong.....I'm not an engineer I'm a goof....

It's the dif between 'boost' and 'vacuum' and GM isn't the only manufacturer that displays it this way as that's what hg indicates, instead of converting it to some -psi value.

I think it's more obvious as such when off boost cause you have more time to look around, as opposed to being on boost when you're caning it and should be eyes up.

It's the dif between 'boost' and 'vacuum' and GM isn't the only manufacturer that displays it this way as that's what hg indicates, instead of converting it to some -psi value.

I think it's more obvious as such when off boost cause you have more time to look around, as opposed to being on boost when you're caning it and should be eyes up.
LOL, you said it better.... Thank you sir!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back