Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

Palm beach Cadillac auto nation got another CT5BW manual for msrp. $96k. That is two CT5BW manuals for sale in last two weeks at that dealer. Maybe market is softening up?

Last edited:
Palm beach Cadillac auto nation got another CT5BW manual for msrp. $96k. That is two CT5BW manuals for sale in last two weeks. Maybe market is softening up?
Great deal for someone looking for a barebones manual 5BW.

Nobody? There are fewer good shops on Yelp in the area than I thought there would be...
I searched and read reviews online then decided to speak with CeramicFX and Jekyll and Hyde’s for PPF. I chose CeramicFX. Gunes, the owner, seems very knowledgeable and says all the right things. I visited his shop and saw his work on a Rivian R1T in progress. Looks excellent, but I can’t really recommend him until he finishes my CT4VB. Hopefully, Sewell will deliver to him on Thursday 1/26.

You could also call Detail Werkz Dallas. Brian (you may have seen him on Fast ‘N Loud back when) installed the most perfect and consistent tint work I have seen on 2 of my previous cars. Also, excellent paint correction and the best ceramic coat I’ve had. He contracts out his PPF work though, and I decided I would rather work direct. Otherwise I would take my CT4VB to him.

None of these options are discount shops. Full PPF, ceramic, and tint will be closer to $8-9k at any great shop in Dallas. Probably $3k for paint correction, ceramic, and tint. Or $5k for front end PPF, paint correction, ceramic, and tint.

Palm beach Cadillac auto nation got another CT5BW manual for msrp. $96k. That is two CT5BW manuals for sale in last two weeks at that dealer. Maybe market is softening up?

Market is definitely softening up. I suspect that non carbon allocations are relatively plentiful. Lots of dealers are getting cars in that are not pre sold. Carbon cars are the bottleneck.

I thought PB Autonation is one of the MSRP dealers in the FL?

I just got a phone message tonight from Cincinnati Cadillac saying they just got in a 2022(!) CT4-V Blackwing 6 speed and were asking MSRP. I had called them searching last August before I found the own I bought in nearby Lebanon Ohio. It's their favorite color combination, black on black on black. I'm pretty sure this is the car 2022 Cadillac CT4-V for sale in CINCINNATI - 1G6D65RP6N0460545 - Cincinnati Cadillac I'm really surprised they are still getting 2022s into inventory at this point.

Just saw another post of west palm beach Cadillac having another CT5 BW. That is their 3rd in couple weeks. All MSRP. One wonders if the current market with 6 percent interest is shaking out the weak buyers.

At a macro level I think the YOLO/Crypto/free Govt money fueled debauchery is over and people are coming to their senses. No question the pandemic had profound influence on the decision making process for most, but it was based on a straw man premise.

Just saw another post of west palm beach Cadillac having another CT5 BW. That is their 3rd in couple weeks. All MSRP. One wonders if the current market with 6 percent interest is shaking out the weak buyers.
100k sports cars with 2 doors or 4 are not intended for weak buyers. Anyone stretching to buy a Blackwing or any other luxury good is making a bad decision.

100k sports cars with 2 doors or 4 are not intended for weak buyers. Anyone stretching to buy a Blackwing or any other luxury good is making a bad decision.
What a true statement! A lot of times people buy stuff they cant afford and struggle to pay for it........ I wanted to purchase my wife a new car last week, and I could have financed it but that's not the way I like to purchase stuff... Awhile back I adopted the philosophy of if I don't have the cash for it, I cant afford it...

What a true statement! A lot of times people buy stuff they cant afford and struggle to pay for it........ I wanted to purchase my wife a new car last week, and I could have financed it but that's not the way I like to purchase stuff... Awhile back I adopted the philosophy of if I don't have the cash for it, I cant afford it...
In younger years, I made such purchases. Stupid. But not for some time now. To each his own, of course.

In younger years, I made such purchases. Stupid. But not for some time now. To each his own, of course.
It's not always that simple for some of us. I'm 26 likely one of the younger or youngest I've seen on the forum and by no means well off (DoD salary woo). But between a stable income, several eye-opening deaths in the last year, and all the stir regarding the cessation of ICE vehicle production in the years to come culminated in the decision to purchase/finance a car that checks every single box for what I'd want in a dream car, within financial reason.

Typically I live by @Tall Steve 's point, don't buy it unless you could buy it in cash, but if you can afford something and still have upward mobility in your career then I don't see the harm in one superfluous expense. Especially when you talk intrinsic/extrinsic motivation factors. Like the smile on your face you get when you give it the beans on your regular commute :D

It's not always that simple for some of us. I'm 26 likely one of the younger or youngest I've seen on the forum and by no means well off (DoD salary woo). But between a stable income, several eye-opening deaths in the last year, and all the stir regarding the cessation of ICE vehicle production in the years to come culminated in the decision to purchase/finance a car that checks every single box for what I'd want in a dream car, within financial reason.

Typically I live by @Tall Steve 's point, don't buy it unless you could buy it in cash, but if you can afford something and still have upward mobility in your career then I don't see the harm in one superfluous expense. Especially when you talk intrinsic/extrinsic motivation factors. Like the smile on your face you get when you give it the beans on your regular commute :D
I get what you are saying and like many guys here once you own everything It feels good to not have debt... I have to replace the HVAC system in my old house next month so I saved for it, and now I'm saving for my wife's new car...

Now, don't go thinking I'm wealth by any means because I'm not but my wife and I are blessed to have good jobs that allows us to save money..... I try to tell my son all the time just because you have money in your pocket you don't have to spent it.... The HVAC system has cut into my watch buying fund a lot and that sucks!

100% agree but the caveat that it's not always the wisest choice to use cash. Lots of factors go into the best approach to buy cars and houses.
You are right, but it's a mental thing for me........ I will probably never buy another home again so I don't have to worry about that.... As many of you, I have lost a ton in the market in the last two years so I don't touch any of my saving/retirement money....... I just work and save, work and save..... My wife is excited about getting a Macan at the end of the year, so I cant mess that up.....

I get what you are saying and like many guys here once you own everything It feels good to not have debt... I have to replace the HVAC system in my old house next month so I saved for it, and now I'm saving for my wife's new car...

Now, don't go thinking I'm wealth by any means because I'm not but my wife and I are blessed to have good jobs that allows us to save money..... I try to tell my son all the time just because you have money in your pocket you don't have to spent it.... The HVAC system has cut into my watch buying fund a lot and that sucks!
I have a separate account for big house expenses. I replaced my two HVAC units a couple years back and paid cash. In a few years I will redo my roof and will pay cash. As for watches, I have a separate account for that as well, although it's shared with my firearms account. Long range rifle or watch is not always and easy decision. I usually end up selling a watch after a few years to make room for a new purchase. Honestly, I don't need as many watches as rifles or pistols.

I have a separate account for big house expenses. I replaced my two HVAC units a couple years back and paid cash. In a few years I will redo my roof and will pay cash. As for watches, I have a separate account for that as well, although it's shared with my firearms account. Long range rifle or watch is not always and easy decision. I usually end up selling a watch after a few years to make room for a new purchase. Honestly, I don't need as many watches as rifles or pistols.
LOL, I have a separate account for insurance, taxes, and emergences too..... My wife keeps putting new standards on the amount in each account so I have to keep saving to make the numbers........

I stopped buys gun a long time ago, and then lost all my weapons in a tragic boat accident where they all went to the bottom of the ocean, that was a bad day!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back