Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V What Don't You Like About Your CT4-V Blackwing

Cadillac CT4-V model
The more and more I own the car, the more I agree with you about the EPB. I am terrified that one day I'm going to forget and find that my car has rolled out of a parking spot.

Making it have the option to automatically turn on when the car gets shut off should be a safety feature.
This ^^ I cant remember if the EPB in the SS was automatic. I feel like it would automatically set once you turned the car off. I have twice now left the 4BW to warm up in the parking lot while taking the dog to do their business and realized I forgot to press the E-brake... Luckily, very flat lot.

Okay, Day 5, 501 miles on the clock now. Gripes consolidated:

1. No sun-glass holder. Might be an amazon solution (Old school visor clip or something)
2. Exterior handle unlock button. Why a button? My Ram 1500 had a sensor in the handle. Just worked so smoothly.
3. Memory seats aren't single press. Like... why not?
4. EPB placement and lack of auto-function option in the settings menu. Echo others complaints.
5. Back up camera is grainy. Also, is it just me or are the parking assist lines a little crooked?

Overall. Very small complaints. I bought this car to get back to something (but upgraded/updated) comparable to my "17 Chevy SS. The 4BW blows that thing out of the water. Sure I miss the V8 but this car is just so refined. I haven't gotten into the full power-band yet with break-in but it definitely feels faster than the Chevy. Lighter, more power, less boaty. First turbo car so I'm still learning how to maximize power and boost. The 380+ mile drive home was sublime though. Left it in tour going down I-95 and it feels like how I imagined a Cadillac would.

Small things I LOVE:
1. The windows are so smooth when they open/close.
2. The Tremec 6060 🔥❤️ 🙏
3. Little turbo noises + pops and burbles (Hopefully more when I do downpipes)
4. The customization of the dash. Not too much, not too little. I can set all the metrics I want to look at in the little quad-chart.

4. The customization of the dash. Not too much, not too little. I can set all the metrics I want to look at in the little quad-chart.
I winced when I read "quad-chart," as it brings back so many memories of staff meetings...but now I realize that's probably the best way to describe it. Curse you!

I winced when I read "quad-chart," as it brings back so many memories of staff meetings...but now I realize that's probably the best way to describe it. Curse you!
Sorry, indoctrinated DoD guy here. I can make a storyboard and AAR slide of my gripes/likes or improves/sustains too lol

First I'll need a BBP, then a read-ahead on your AAR, followed by lessons learned.

Ah, staff work.

First I'll need a BBP, then a read-ahead on your AAR, followed by lessons learned.

Ah, staff work.
Copy all sir. That concludes my sarcasm. Pending any questions.

For all that hate not having a sunglass clip... I have multiple pair of glasses in every car. These things are awesome. Easy on, easy off, holds glasses tight. All I did was bend the end of the clip that holds it to the visor just a bit, so the visor folds up all the way.

For all that hate not having a sunglass clip... I have multiple pair of glasses in every car. These things are awesome. Easy on, easy off, holds glasses tight. All I did was bend the end of the clip that holds it to the visor just a bit, so the visor folds up all the way.
@1BadTundra That looks way better than the one I tried out a few months ago. Order placed! Thanks for sharing!

@1BadTundra That looks way better than the one I tried out a few months ago. Order placed! Thanks for sharing!
@1BadTundra This thing is great! Holds two pairs of glasses and doesn't rattle.

I also attached it to the passenger shade (short side, coming from the mirror) so it doesn't interfere with the sight line.

Just curious: What was your clip mod to it?

@1BadTundra This thing is great! Holds two pairs of glasses and doesn't rattle.

I also attached it to the passenger shade (short side, coming from the mirror) so it doesn't interfere with the sight line.

Just curious: What was your clip mod to it?
I bent the spring with pliers so it laid flat on the visor. If you leave it arched, it may leave an impression in the visor, or the visor wouldn't lay flat against the headliner. I'm weird like that...

Attachments

• 20230209_190910.jpg
    20230209_190910.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 76
  • 20230209_190900.jpg
    20230209_190900.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 71
Nothing weird about that, LOL.
I bent the spring with pliers so it laid flat on the visor. If you leave it arched, it may leave an impression in the visor, or the visor wouldn't lay flat against the headliner. I'm weird like that...

That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw the design...

Not sure if y'all are serious, or I'm just friggin' nuts... But really, it works and it's the best sunglass clip I've ever had. I bout two more for my wife's Atlas Cross Sport, and my Tundra. I did the same to them, they all fit perfect.

The icon on the nav system that shows my position.

It's a way-too-big circle with an arrow on it. But your position is not centered on the arrow, it is centered somewhere in the circle thing. So you when zoom out far enough, the arrow is pointing past where you actually are.

It is just so fracking stupid.

But something I like about the nav system: when you have a route programmed in but are not displaying the map on the main screen, it repurposes the right side of the dash to show a stripped down simplified map when you are approaching turns on your route. I find this stripped down nav to be super-intuitive.

The icon on the nav system that shows my position.

It's a way-too-big circle with an arrow on it. But your position is not centered on the arrow, it is centered somewhere in the circle thing. So you when zoom out far enough, the arrow is pointing past where you actually are.

It is just so fracking stupid.

But something I like about the nav system: when you have a route programmed in but are not displaying the map on the main screen, it repurposes the right side of the dash to show a stripped down simplified map when you are approaching turns on your route. I find this stripped down nav to be super-intuitive.
I didn't realize people still used built in navigation when you have AA/ACP wireless with maps or waze available.

My start up routine is start, put her in neutral, park brake, then by the time that is done the AA is linked and I hit the button and my spotify starts.

I didn't realize people still used built in navigation when you have AA/ACP wireless with maps or waze available.

This is the first vehicle I have had with Android Auto, so have no background with it. My phone won't do it wirelessly, which is a disincentive to experiment with it.

My main music source is a USB thumb drive. The factory head unit does everything I need - though it does none of it particularly well ...

This is the first vehicle I have had with Android Auto, so have no background with it. My phone won't do it wirelessly, which is a disincentive to experiment with it.

My main music source is a USB thumb drive. The factory head unit does everything I need - though it does none of it particularly well ...
Old school. I recall the days of my youth when you were cool if you had the cassette with the aux dongle that stuck out.

Sounds like you have an old phone. Bluetooth works well too!

LOL, I bought a new phone to get rid of the tether. 🙂

I have a Sony Discman with a cassette adapter for old school. 😁

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop